Louise Pentland #13 Soft office slob, cake in her gob, we MUST respect her job

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The bashing of Darcy’s dance skills here is a bit weird to be honest. No one cares if your own kid is a better dancer, if she’s enjoying herself, who cares if she’s a “natural” at it or not?
It’s not about bashing her dance skills so much as calling a spade a spade and saying she won’t be thrilled that her mother posted those videos of her in years to come. I’ve definitely had experience before of being mortified that my parents showed certain photos or videos to relatives etc, let alone millions of people. Also the fact that Louise is trying to make D’s ballet a part of her brand (which, in fairness, isn’t completely based on how good or bad Darcy is, but it looks silly and a bit cringe when it’s clearly no more than a hobby for Darcy)

Reactions: 10
I find it a bit jarring that Louise has jumped on this for content, turned it into her branding, made a point of inserting clips of Darcy dancing and vlogging all about it (the latter point meaning Darcy knows that the people who watch her mother’s videos will see her). So imagine all the pressure that child could feel if ultimately... she isn't very good? She doesn’t enjoy it? That’s what I disagree with. Louise is making it out to be this big thing. I get the impression she’s living through Darcy a little bit. if Louise had just downplayed it, made it out to be a fun weekend hobby, not something to excel at, just to enjoy... then I think I’d feel differently. i think that’s why people have commented on Darcy’s dancing as well - because the way louise has gone on about it/used the dancing for content implies Darcy is really, really good when in reality, she’s not.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
I think it shows how desperately dull she is in terms of coming up with ideas for content and how much she relies on the girls for likes and views. Poor Darcy and Pearl can’t do anything without their mother digging through videos of the experience for stuff to whack online. They don’t get to just be children and enjoy stuff. Everything is filmed. And the worst part is when she pretends they have a choice. Like the time Darcy didn’t want to be filmed reading to Pearl but Louise then put on a video where you could hear her reading but not see her saying Darcy had given permission. How much cajoling and pressuring did the poor sod have to sit through to “give permission”? I feel sad for them.

I genuinely hope that when Darcy and Pearl (and other children of influencers) are grown, they look back fondly on all of the Truman show style childhood and maybe feel glad that it gave them opportunities that come with growing up with money. I reckon that’s how a lot of the Instagram lot reassure themselves anyway. I feel like instead it will be therapy sessions, estrangement, and burn out though :(

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I think its great Darcy is enjoying dancing and having fun but Louise is turning it into a personality trait of hers. Calling herself a dancemum 🙄 She's making out as if Darcy is amazingly talented at dancing. (Which i'm sure she is to her mum) all to maybe profit off it.

I think its fine to mention about dancing but I feel she should have left out the parts of Darcy dancing. She knows what the internet is like and once you put something out there people will sadly make judgements. Darcy doesn't seem to be a natural dancer like her friend but it doesn't mean she's terrible she looked like she was having fun which is the most important part of having a hobby.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I think its fine to mention about dancing but I feel she should have left out the parts of Darcy dancing. She knows what the internet is like and once you put something out there people will sadly make judgements. Darcy doesn't seem to be a natural dancer like her friend but it doesn't mean she's terrible she looked like she was having fun which is the most important part of having a hobby.
Hell, look at that gif of Darcy eye rolling as a toddler - that one is STILL used all over the internet today!

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Genuine question: is there a word for a parent who only has their child part-time?

I was thinking how divorce being a common and (fairly) normalised thing is only a very recent phenomena, as opposed to a generation or two ago where it was really frowned upon. My grandmother divorced her first husband in the 60s and was apparently the shame of the family. My parents divorced a couple of years ago and it was unfortunate but no one was disinherited or anything.

I've always thought of "single mother" as literally a single woman who is also a mother. To me, a "lone mother" is a woman who is single-handedly raising her children without another parents involvement.

Reactions: 6
Genuine question: is there a word for a parent who only has their child part-time?

I was thinking how divorce being a common and (fairly) normalised thing is only a very recent phenomena, as opposed to a generation or two ago where it was really frowned upon. My grandmother divorced her first husband in the 60s and was apparently the shame of the family. My parents divorced a couple of years ago and it was unfortunate but no one was disinherited or anything.

I've always thought of "single mother" as literally a single woman who is also a mother. To me, a "lone mother" is a woman who is single-handedly raising her children without another parents involvement.
I use single parent, I'm raising them on my own. Lone parent sounds so tragic I can't label myself that! 😭😂 I would say Louise has shared custody.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Yeah I’d say shared custody too. I’ve never thought of “single mother” to have anything to do with relationship status either. I’ve always read it as parenting alone. Someone can be raising her children alone and at the same time have a boyfriend (ie be not single relationship status wise but single parenting status wise). A single parent having a relationship doesn’t mean the person they’re with necessarily has any sort of parenting role for the children.

Reactions: 9
I'm sure it takes a lot a tolerance on Darcy's dads side not to say anything about how much his daughter is used to promote her mother's channel, Insta stories etc. I predict that when the YouTube 'kids' grow up there will be a backlash and hopefully they'll be able to reclaim some of their privacy back. Maybe in years to come they could even claim that their photos and videos were used without permission - oh what about the first 18 year old to sue their parents for invasion of privacy, wouldn't that be amazing?

Reactions: 8
I'm sure it takes a lot a tolerance on Darcy's dads side not to say anything about how much his daughter is used to promote her mother's channel, Insta stories etc. I predict that when the YouTube 'kids' grow up there will be a backlash and hopefully they'll be able to reclaim some of their privacy back. Maybe in years to come they could even claim that their photos and videos were used without permission - oh what about the first 18 year old to sue their parents for invasion of privacy, wouldn't that be amazing?
i 100% agree with this! Kind of off the topic of Louise specifically but I hope that as more kids grow up and speak out about how it made them feel there will be laws put in place for kids safety with the internet and family bloggers specifically. Kids are expected to put on a show & are used in ads and to make their parents money. But the kids aren’t legally entitled to any of the money / and lots of them can’t say no to being involved as they’re too young to understand!

Reactions: 8
It did annoy me that Louise tagged the dancing school Darcy attends.

Idk, perhaps some people are ok with that kinda stuff but assuming it's a place she frequents regularly, it's on par IMO with tagging her school.

Give the girl some privacy.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 17
It did annoy me that Louise tagged the dancing school Darcy attends.

Idk, perhaps some people are ok with that kinda stuff but assuming it's a place she frequents regularly, it's on par IMO with tagging her school.

Give the girl some privacy.
It wouldn't take much effort to find out what sessions Darcy attends either. We know her dance school and the dancing grade she's in. We also know when she goes to dancing. Both Louise and Matt have posted stories of them waiting in the carpark for her so wouldn't take a genius to just track the times they put these posts up and they could pinpoint exactly where Louise and Darcy will be at that time.
I'm sure nothing will happen but if someone wanted to stalk them and harm them, Louise makes it very easy!

• Angry
Reactions: 9
i 100% agree with this! Kind of off the topic of Louise specifically but I hope that as more kids grow up and speak out about how it made them feel there will be laws put in place for kids safety with the internet and family bloggers specifically. Kids are expected to put on a show & are used in ads and to make their parents money. But the kids aren’t legally entitled to any of the money / and lots of them can’t say no to being involved as they’re too young to understand!
I reckon in 10 years time or so we will see the children of these family vloggers push for new laws surrounding children on youtube.

Reactions: 7
I used to be a Guide leader and my assistant used to check in on FB (and post a picture of the place) whenever we did anything exciting with the Guides. I know she just wanted to show off "look at the fun stuff we do!" but if you're going to tell the internet exactly where the kids are, at least save it until after they've all gone home. If Louise absolutely has to show off about Darcy's dancing, she could post it afterwards or on a different day to make it harder to match up time and place.

Reactions: 11
He tried to do the same thing after the break up so that’s probably got something to do with why he can’t really say much.

Reactions: 7
There will never be laws about kids on YouTube specifically. There would need to be YouTube policies in place, enforced by them. Which will never happen. Because they value the ££. Bit like Louise, really.

I think there’s a French person who has sued their blogger parent!

I expect Matt’s tolerance is because Louise will be paying half the school fees. I know he gets 50% discount but it’s still a hell of a lot. I am a teacher and I couldn’t afford even the discounted fees alone, and I’m unsure of Devon’s current work status.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.