Louise Pentland #12 Forced engagement in every sense, can one really be that dense?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I definitely feel like Louise wouldn’t want to allow Liam to speak up. However, Liam strikes me as someone who has quite high morals, and he’s slightly older (in his 40s) which means he’s got that life experience enough to share his thoughts with a partner. I think he wouldn’t be shy to speak up when he thinks something is wrong. He doesn’t strike me as weak or shy. I think if it gets really bad and he sees it affecting Pearl as she gets older I could see him leaving and taking Pearl half the time so she understands !
But I agree Liam is probably to blame for Pearls behaviour in Louises mind... and I could see him snapping eventually and just saying enough is enough. He has his head about him and I think his child would come first over Louises perfect insta drivel that he chooses not to be involved in anyway.

also I agree that Pearl and Louise are similar in their emotions. However I think one of the problems Louise has with Pearl is that she’s her own person, and she likes her own things. Darcy and Louise love crafting, watching YouTube and glitter and that stuff. Yet Pearl likes to play in the garden; and seems to be more into things that require Louise to have to actually get involved instead of sitting on her arse with a Diet Coke. That’s why it’s hard to parent her, she requires Louise to actually get up and play with her child!

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
I reckon Liam is as much of a pleb as Louise is tbh. He won’t be scared of speaking up etc he just won’t be arsed to. I don’t think he will ever whisk Pearl away to protect her because it’s too much effort. If he can’t even be bothered to have words and risk tipping the apple cart, he won’t do anything bigger. He’s Louise’s dad part 2 ie his woman comes before his child. Lots of men like that in the world unfortunately. It’s sad to me that Louise can’t see the patterns from her own childhood slowly beginning to be repeated and that over time these little comments and digs will have a massive affect on Pearl the way her stepmums behaviour had on Louise herself.

• Sad
Has Louise actually confirmed anywhere that the necklace is a real diamond?
If not, I would imagine she calls it a diamond as Darcy is too young to know any different, but it’s probably just the white crystal, so £89 not £300.

Reactions: 2
I reckon Liam is as much of a pleb as Louise is tbh. He won’t be scared of speaking up etc he just won’t be arsed to. I don’t think he will ever whisk Pearl away to protect her because it’s too much effort. If he can’t even be bothered to have words and risk tipping the apple cart, he won’t do anything bigger. He’s Louise’s dad part 2 ie his woman comes before his child. Lots of men like that in the world unfortunately. It’s sad to me that Louise can’t see the patterns from her own childhood slowly beginning to be repeated and that over time these little comments and digs will have a massive affect on Pearl the way her stepmums behaviour had on Louise herself.
Yeah maybe! I just think he seems like he wouldn’t be like that. I’m sure Louise has mentioned or at least implied when they first got together that Liams last marriage ended because his ex wasn’t great & I feel like that suggests he spoke up for himself to leave her.

also he has a public service job (I can’t remember if he’s a firefighter or in social services but I thought it was one of them) so if he has a job caring about / saving people. I think he’d stand up for his daughter especially if his job was social services. Also I think becoming a parent changes people, and you can see from what Louise is allowed to share of him that he adores Pearl.

But you’re absolutely correct that Louises childhood plays into how she lives her life now. And I think she hasn’t even noticed the parallel between her emotionally abusive step mum and how she picks on Pearl.

Yeah maybe! I just think he seems like he wouldn’t be like that. I’m sure Louise has mentioned or at least implied when they first got together that Liams last marriage ended because his ex wasn’t great & I feel like that suggests he spoke up for himself to leave her.

also he has a public service job (I can’t remember if he’s a firefighter or in social services but I thought it was one of them) so if he has a job caring about / saving people. I think he’d stand up for his daughter especially if his job was social services. Also I think becoming a parent changes people, and you can see from what Louise is allowed to share of him that he adores Pearl.

But you’re absolutely correct that Louises childhood plays into how she lives her life now. And I think she hasn’t even noticed the parallel between her emotionally abusive step mum and how she picks on Pearl.
I’m pretty sure he is a detective in the police 🤔 To be honest I can’t understand how he’d be comfortable with his partner/child/stepchild being out there in the public eye like they are!

Reactions: 7
I’m pretty sure he is a detective in the police 🤔 To be honest I can’t understand how he’d be comfortable with his partner/child/stepchild being out there in the public eye like they are!
interesting! yes hes very clear he doesn’t want to be shared on the internet himself. I am surprised he’s so ok with Pearl being online so much. I understand he doesn’t get much of a say in Darcy/Louise being posted. But he should get a say on what Louise posts about Pearl.

Reactions: 1
He will get a say on it. He’s just not arsed to do anything about it. Any man who works as a detective and sees the things he sees and meets the people he meets and then does nothing to stop his home and child being plastered on the internet is either incredibly stupid or incredibly unbothered about the safety of said child.

• Heart
Has Louise actually confirmed anywhere that the necklace is a real diamond?
If not, I would imagine she calls it a diamond as Darcy is too young to know any different, but it’s probably just the white crystal, so £89 not £300.
Shes used the word diamond more than once and its Darcy's birth stone and she's said its her 'special present' so I imagine she got the real diamond version. Also Louise is always so desperate to prove something and pretend she needs to think about money so she would 100% have specified if she didn't get the real diamond.

Reactions: 4
He will get a say on it. He’s just not arsed to do anything about it. Any man who works as a detective and sees the things he sees and meets the people he meets and then does nothing to stop his home and child being plastered on the internet is either incredibly stupid or incredibly unbothered about the safety of said child.
He’s clearly decided that the money is worth more than her safety, or Louise had said as the ‘breadwinner’ she gets to decide

Reactions: 6
I think if Liam was going to say something to Louise about how she speaks to and about Pearl, he would've by now. He was cautious enough about being online because of his job but he's happy for Pearl to be plastered over every platform- rarely in a good light. As much as I'd like to think him being a detective would make him more cautious of how all of this will impact Pearl as she gets older, I think he's in too deep now.

In the odd occasions he was in the background of vlogs or videos Louise would often roll her eyes when talking to or about him and especially if he said something. She treats him like an embarassing parent and I think she'd have the same attitude towards him if he raised an issue- she'd just chortle, roll her eyes and move onto something about her. The fact that he doesn't have other children suggests she holds her 10 years of motherhood over him too.

Reactions: 2
Louise doesn't see the parallel between her childhood and the things she says about Pearl, because she's such a narcissist that she thinks it only happened to her.

She thinks she's the only one who had an abusive childhood, who lost her Mum young, who had a traumatic birth, who got a divorce, who has a "blended family" or whatever she calls it. That's why she's an expert on it all, she's the only one who has been through it!

*I'm not saying Louise is her stepmother, but we all see the negativity surrounding Pearl and her constant put-downs of her*

Reactions: 16
Louise doesn't see the parallel between her childhood and the things she says about Pearl, because she's such a narcissist that she thinks it only happened to her.

She thinks she's the only one who had an abusive childhood, who lost her Mum young, who had a traumatic birth, who got a divorce, who has a "blended family" or whatever she calls it. That's why she's an expert on it all, she's the only one who has been through it!

*I'm not saying Louise is her stepmother, but we all see the negativity surrounding Pearl and her constant put-downs of her*
yes I agree. I also think that because she’s not making the remarks to Pearl she probably doesn’t understand that it will still have implication as Pearl can one day watch what Louise has said about her. She probably also doesn’t understand that just because she’s not outright calling Pearl ‘bad’ or sayings she’s ugly or fat or whatever it may be that her step mother did to her, doesn’t mean that the words aren’t still hurtful. But I imagine as Louise being who she is, she probably thinks it’s totally normal to witch to one of your children about the other one.

Reactions: 3
It makes me really sad that Louise doesn't see that Pearl is probably going to have the same hang-ups about herself and her family that Louise had growing up. The way she speaks about her is not okay and Pearl is going to feel those words keenly as she gets older. You'd think Louise of all people would be sensitive to the way these things can affect children but apparently not. Louise probably doesn't consider her treatment of Pearl outright abuse but it's absolutely that same pattern of behaviour and will mess Pearl up royally in the long run if unchecked.

Reactions: 15
I was thinking that, just how Louise has this huge trigger about being called our thought of as lazy, with the whole Mr Slop thing that she's openly spoken about how that damaged her, how is it any different to keeping on talking about Pearl being 'energetic' or 'spirited' as if it's a bad thing?

Reactions: 9
He’s clearly decided that the money is worth more than her safety, or Louise had said as the ‘breadwinner’ she gets to decide
Let’s not forget the Hello feature for their engagement, Liam goes along with it 100%. Really feel for Pearl, seems as though there’s nobody protecting her privacy :( at least Matt and Devon eventually gave up on social media (granted not by choice)

Reactions: 3
I think Darcy seems really young for 10...
And I’m sorry but who wraps up Easter eggs as a birthday present 😱😂😂😂😂😂😂

I feel bad for Pearl being constantly put down because she reminds me of me as a kid lol. The outgoing one making jokes. I was encouraged to be friendly and outgoing, while she's shut down.

While Louise treats Darcy like the favourite 🙄

Darcy is such a sweet little girl though.

Reactions: 8
I just watched the vlog, everytime Louise's dad speaks she looks so annoyed, like she can't stand him.

I just watched the vlog, everytime Louise's dad speaks she looks so annoyed, like she can't stand him.

she can’t stand him. She’s spoken about how she blames him for so much of her childhood trauma which is understandable as he brought her abusive step mum into their lives and he didn’t know it was happening for a long time.

But she regularly talks about how she’s forgiven him and they’ve worked through it. I think it’s quite clear that she hasn’t really and she still struggles with a lot of what she went through, it’s why she puts and emphasis on being ‘insta’ perfect and why she treats her daughters the way she does. So I can’t imagine she’s actually forgiven him.

also I know she’s said they worked through it, however, has she ever mentioned they went to therapy or anything. Like has she just worked through it on her own or with a professional? I really feel like she would benefit from long term therapy (like many abuse survivors do), but I imagine that would mean her admitting to her problems and also admitting her life isn’t perfect.

Reactions: 15
I don't think we should downplay Louise's step-mum's abuse as just emotional- though obviously that can be horrendous in itself but she was also seriously physically abusive and I don't think it's quite fair to compare her to louise and her treatment of Pearl. I'd say Louise behaves more like her dad and the whole Mr slop thing, making digs that slowly erode away at a child's confidence without realising she's doing it. At least that's what she's in danger of doing to Pearl.

Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.