Louise McSharry Moaning Michael her brows are a fright, views so left, she's always right

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes, that’s what she’s doing, and she has previously said before not only was there shame but also a lack of funds. I think she’s doing a good thing here (i avoided the dentist for 10 years myself).

Reactions: 5
Yes, that’s what she’s doing, and she has previously said before not only was there shame but also a lack of funds. I think she’s doing a good thing here (i avoided the dentist for 10 years myself).
I find it hard to believe lack of funds was an issue in her case, they are not exactly a minimum wage family, unless their money management is very poor. It’s Interesting how she managed to overcome her shame when there was a freebie going.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I find it hard to believe lack of funds was an issue in her case, they are not exactly a minimum wage family, unless their money management is very poor. It’s Interesting how she managed to overcome her shame when there was a freebie going.
I think that when you are scared of something then you will prioritise money for other things, I'm comfortable, no mad debt and yet I'll use "lack of funds" to avoid the dentist unfortunately. I think with Louise it's 95% avoidance and 5% prioritising money toward other things. I'm ashamed to go to the dentist and am very interested to watch her journey. And I'd defo be more inclined to go to the dentist if I was offered a collaboration/freebie!

Fbg the same... overcame her mask anxiety when invited for a facial .. strange how they can overcome stuff so quickly 🤔

I think that when you are scared of something then you will prioritise money for other things, I'm comfortable, no mad debt and yet I'll use "lack of funds" to avoid the dentist unfortunately. I think with Louise it's 95% avoidance and 5% prioritising money toward other things. I'm ashamed to go to the dentist and am very interested to watch her journey. And I'd defo be more inclined to go to the dentist if I was offered a collaboration/freebie!
We’d all be more inclined to go if it was free, I paid €5.5k for my own braces “journey”, so it’s a bit ingenious of her to be telling people stop putting it off now when she’s only going cos herself it’s free.

Reactions: 6
I’m not mad about the dentist myself what mainly puts me off is the cost much more then fear. It’s very easy to make yourself go when it’s been given for free. A lot of people are out of work or on limited hours and simply can’t afford to go and aren’t simply putting it off.

“Prioritised other things” means she clearly didn’t want to spend her own money fixing her teeth but if someone will do it for free then she has no problem prioritising them then and preaching to us we should do the same.

For all her displeasure at many aspects of motherhood, I think I remember her saying she puts all of the baby clothes , as the boys grow out of them, up in the attic for use again !!

Reactions: 1
I like some of her content but it irritates me that when she has a moan on insta, and then she goes apeshit when people give her advice!She's really narky.Another thing that pisses me off is that she has liked some of the anti Operation Transformation posts on insta and twitter but has been involved with OT through 2FM in 2015 or 2016.She's a hypocrite!

• Heart
I like some of her content but it irritates me that when she has a moan on insta, and then she goes apeshit when people give her advice!She's really narky.Another thing that pisses me off is that she has liked some of the anti Operation Transformation posts on insta and twitter but has been involved with OT through 2FM in 2015 or 2016.She's a hypocrite!
Yes I’ve seen the anti OT stuff ie it’s fatphobic etc etc. I think it’s a good show and I’ve made some of the recipes in the past. What’s wrong with people wanting to loose weight and change there diet/lifestyle fair play to them I say. I remember her on the radio at that time for it now that you mention it.

Her mate Emer mcoffended tweeted reminding us all we can mute the operation transformation hashtag 🙄 and people in comments saying about the 100 days of walking. How are these offensive I started my walking Christmas week I need to loose a stone. I’m finding it great for my mental health too not a thing wrong with getting out and getting a bit of fresh air.

Last edited:
She is threatened by people who lose weight. If she wasn’t it wouldn’t bother her so much.

She is threatened by people who lose weight. If she wasn’t it wouldn’t bother her so much.
Of course she is and her mate too hence all the offence and not wanting to face up to there own weight issue. The 100 days of walking I always thought was for mental health and it’s only walk for about 30 minutes a day. A lot of people are suffering with mental health at the moment and I think it’s a good thing. How anyone can take offence to that alone is beyond me.

Reactions: 3
The offence is not the 100 days of walking, it is that it is being platformed by Ciara Kelly. A little research on her and you will see she has had some dubious content/opinions on her show. The recommendation is to do the 100 days but not to use her hashtag. Much like I imagine you shouldn't use Joanne Larby's tag for something similar!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Of course she is and her mate too hence all the offence and not wanting to face up to there own weight issue. The 100 days of walking I always thought was for mental health and it’s only walk for about 30 minutes a day. A lot of people are suffering with mental health at the moment and I think it’s a good thing. How anyone can take offence to that alone is beyond me.
The 100 days of walking is a fantastic idea. Walking got my through lockdown one. My whole neighbourhood was out walking, it was great to see it. Anyone who can find a negative in that needs help. Even if they manage to find it they shouldn’t impose that negativity on the rest of us

The offence is not the 100 days of walking, it is that it is being platformed by Ciara Kelly. A little research on her and you will see she has had some dubious content/opinions on her show. The recommendation is to do the 100 days but not to use her hashtag. Much like I imagine you shouldn't use Joanne Larby's tag for something similar!
Well the only hashtag I’m using is 100 days of walking nothing whatsoever got the with Ciara for me anyway. Still a great thing anyway regardless it’s helping me more mentally then physically anyway.

Reactions: 1
I think the offence (aside from Ciara Kelly, who I agree is a deeply problematic individual), stems from Louise et al being annoyed at people who decide "okay, I'm going to try lose a bit of weight for my health"? I'm guessing they take it as a direct affront against themselves because they don't want to acknowledge how obesity can affect so many aspects of your health, and by people following these plans, even just to get a kickstart into a healthier lifestyle overall, they are fighting a losing battle in trying to promote the idea that being fat doesn't mean you're unhealthy?

I'm sure there are a low percentage of fat people who are healthy, i.e. haven't developed diabetes, hypertension, increased their risk of heart attack, but they're in the minority. I think Louise herself feels guilty about her weight because she knows it will impact her health and her ability to run around after the boys, be around for them when they are older, etc.

If Louise went to the doctor, and they told her straight off the bat that her weight was having negative effects, I honestly think Louise would just hear "fatphobic" in her head and ignore the advice?

Not everyone will get down to a size 8-10, but I've seen so many social media people sprouting crap on twitter over the last few days about OT, diets, lifestyle changes etc - are we going to eventually get to the stage where if someone tries to make a healthy lifestyle change, they'll be vilified?

What’s the deal with Ciara Kelly I’ve never followed her or listened to her radio show only really know of her from OT

I think the offence (aside from Ciara Kelly, who I agree is a deeply problematic individual), stems from Louise et al being annoyed at people who decide "okay, I'm going to try lose a bit of weight for my health"? I'm guessing they take it as a direct affront against themselves because they don't want to acknowledge how obesity can affect so many aspects of your health, and by people following these plans, even just to get a kickstart into a healthier lifestyle overall, they are fighting a losing battle in trying to promote the idea that being fat doesn't mean you're unhealthy?

I'm sure there are a low percentage of fat people who are healthy, i.e. haven't developed diabetes, hypertension, increased their risk of heart attack, but they're in the minority. I think Louise herself feels guilty about her weight because she knows it will impact her health and her ability to run around after the boys, be around for them when they are older, etc.

If Louise went to the doctor, and they told her straight off the bat that her weight was having negative effects, I honestly think Louise would just hear "fatphobic" in her head and ignore the advice?

Not everyone will get down to a size 8-10, but I've seen so many social media people sprouting crap on twitter over the last few days about OT, diets, lifestyle changes etc - are we going to eventually get to the stage where if someone tries to make a healthy lifestyle change, they'll be vilified?
THIS!

I recently had gastric sleeve surgery and before you get it they run all sorts of tests on you to make sure it's safe (blood work, CAT scan, EKG, blood pressure etc.) and all mine came back great even though I weighed nearly 20 stone an struggled to get up a flight of stairs. I think with people like Louise and Emer they will be in denial about their weight until something happens to them health-wise.

I also don't get the OT hate? It's not like RTE made the show to shame Louise and her friends - they also do some great community initiatives through it which I don't see how you can moan about.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.