Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Nobbynoo

Actually surprised to see a thread on Louise here. I find her really refreshing. Love how she’s comfortable in her own skin instead of photoshopping herself into oblivion like a certain other eyebrow’d instagrammer! And giving out about the kids - I think she portrays how hard it can be with small kids and it’s not all rosy and Instagram perfect like JJ and some others would have you think 🤷🏻‍♀️ Shes had a tough ole time of it, her book is well
Worth a read

Reactions: 39

Flo4789

I used to agree with some of the views here re the excessive moaning (not the comments on her appearance cos I think she is stunning!) but then I listened to a couple of podcasts that had her on about her childhood and stuff and a lot of things made more sense. She’s overcome a lot of adversity in her life. I think certain elements of parenting are challenging for her as a result and she’s refreshingly honest about it. And no I’m not her or a friend of hers before anyone accuses me of that. But these interviews completely changed the way I view her personally. She is no doubt annoyingly ‘woke’ but there are worse out there and I think her show is actually pretty good.

Reactions: 39

CailínBeag

VIP Member
Hey Louise, do you know who are also sick of Covid? People like me and my colleagues working in Testing Hubs around the country, breaking our backs testing hundreds a day.

I don't have free Dermologica and other #SponCon to enjoy when I get home from work. I get to do my washing and eat some toast and get up to do it all over again the next day for another 12 hours.
I've mentioned it before on this thread but I really don't enjoy the oneupmanship that emerges any time she says.... anything really? What's that about?

Fair enough I absolutely see the point that she doesn't have a "traditional" job in the usual sense so it can be hard to relate anyway, but this notion of "you think you have it bad, well MY....." is damaging and its not healthy. What's trivial to some can be make or break for others.

• Heart
Reactions: 36

Watchwoman

Chatty Member
I just watched Louise’s stories about body positivity. I obviously don’t understand it but if it’s that awful being plus size and your doctor treats you differently (don’t know how she knows this) and you have less chance of getting a job then do something about it. I just don’t get how she can sit there and moan and moan about something that she can do something about. Like she has the ability to lose some weight. If she’s happy with her size, great but gosh please stop being offended about everything.
If only it was as easy to loose weight as when a person online says shur just loose weight. You have managed to miss the point in its entirety.
You are basically saying “ well tough “. You don’t deserve the same medical treatment as everyone else’s because you didn’t manage to stick to the diet.

Reactions: 34

Chardonny

Yeah I love Louise. She has amazing make up skills and she’s my favourite person to watch put make up on, along with Katie Jane Hughes. Love her style too - doesn’t go in for that froufrou kitsch thing a lot of our bigger sisters do.

I hadn’t even noticed her teeth until she began talking about her treatment program and fairplay to her for that, teeth concerns and being scared/ashamed to handle them is a real thing and she can only be helping anyone following having some fears.

I think she is very serious, yes. But that’s ok, there’s an ocean of smiley smiley perkiness out there on the socials. Her book is a good read - she had a very difficult start.

I am not Louse, no. Before someone hilariously says hi 👋🏻

I’m up for some discussion on what it’s ok to find offensive about someone else - appearance wise 😏 (correct answer, nazi tattoos but that’s about it - appreciate the culture of these boards may see me modded though).

Reactions: 29

Vesuvius

My sister is a size 8 and obsessive about her weight. I'm a size 18. I'm not happy about it, she sure as hell doesn't seem happy about her size either. But when she stands there in a tiny dress in a shop that doesn't even stock my size and pokes at her non existent tummy and tells me she looks huge, that is hurtful to me.
Its about knowing your audience. She can say 'do I look good in this dress?' rather than 'does this dress make me look fat?'.
When my five year old says I have a fat tummy I don't go "I do, don't I? I hate it..." I say "We all have different size tummies and I love my tummy because it gave me you!" she doesn't need to know my real feelings about it because they might have an impact on her opinions of herself. Simples.

• Heart
Reactions: 28

Sooz

Chatty Member
Jesus I'm a nurse and have had a hellish time and I still don't begrudge people expressing their Covd burnout. You never know what's going on in peoples families, there are Delta hotspots all over.

And even without that, I still absolutely loathe having to wear masks in shops. Even though I have to wear an FFP3 in work. But I accept that, in a way I can't in a shop. I was in Dunnes earlier and just had a moment of pure rage wanting to rip the thing off and have a normal browse without shit smothering me!

Lets not gatekeep Covid frustration. Covid doesn't care who we are, after all.

• Heart

Bluewolf

Chatty Member
Louise needs to stop trying to control whatever everyone else is saying and just get on with her own life.

She defines herself by her weight. No one else.

people can say what they want about their own bodies. If Louise makes that about her then that’s her issue, not theirs.

• Heart

Flo4789

I think if she was a straight up beauty blogger and not a talented DJ, cancer survivor, body positivity activist then those ‘OMG state of her brows’ comments might not seem so petty. I just think there’s more to discuss. She’s edgy, I think they suit her. Others think she should brush them down and get veneers. 🤷🏻‍♀️
There’s plenty about her content that is controversial and she’s not perfect but as the poster above said she is a bit of a breath of fresh air and does keep things very real. Slagging her teeth was mean in my opinion. If you look at her page she doesn’t actually ever show them. You can barely even see them when she talks on stories. It’s quite obviously an insecurity and fair play for getting them sorted.

• Heart

Bluewolf

Chatty Member
I think she meant that like everyone else who got vaccines/appointments she can’t believe how wild it feels, not that she got it like everyone else? Anyway I still can’t get over her blatant refusal to admit the *researched medical fact* that she is at more risk due to her size..I feel like she’d lay into a doctor who suggested she loses weight😬
Ps, I’m a bit overweight myself so understand the struggle! It would be tough to hear if I was in that category but I’d bloody get the vaccine in a heartbeat!
I hate this fat and proud shit.

no one fat is comfortable.

I’m about 5 stone overweight and I’ve struggled with disordered eating and my weight ALL my life.

there is nothing BOPO about crying in a sweat in a dressing room because the jeans you thought were massive on the hanger won’t come past your knees.

nothing glam about bleeding from chub rub-because you wanted to wear a dress without cycling short knickers on underneath.

• Heart
Reactions: 27

CailínBeag

VIP Member
“Really missing my friends, and fun tonight” I’m really missing my parents whose house I haven’t stepped in over a year ! Because my Dad has underlying issues, and when I do visit my parents they wave to me through a window. Would you just fuck off, and yes we are all missing our friends 🖕🏻

I do have to say I hate this aspect of "my pain is worse than your pain so shut up". We're all entitled to feel sad/upset/annoyed about the things that we feel those emotions about. Just because you think its trivial doesn't mean it is for someone else.

JillZarin

Chatty Member
I hate this fat and proud shit.

no one fat is comfortable.

I’m about 5 stone overweight and I’ve struggled with disordered eating and my weight ALL my life.

there is nothing BOPO about crying in a sweat in a dressing room because the jeans you thought were massive on the hanger won’t come past your knees.

nothing glam about bleeding from chub rub-because you wanted to wear a dress without cycling short knickers on underneath.
I completely get that. It is horrible. The way I try to look at it is - my body is where it is right now and it doesn't matter what I do in the next 24 hours my body will still be the same tomorrow. So I can choose to accept my body for what it is or I can hate it. I try my best to choose to love it, make accommodations for chub rub and buy the bigger size of the already enormous jeans. And it is difficult. My friends demonise themselves for not walking a km in less than 10 mins (and there I am plodding away and sweating when I can do a km in under 13mins!) and when they put on half a stone - omg the names they call themselves! (what must they think of me?!) I try to choose to like myself- it is hard and it is conscious thought I kerp having to tell myself. Hating myself isn't going to change my experience so I try to make my experience a pleasant one. I really feel for you, I'm that soldier too.

• Heart

SkylarWhite

If there was a statement of intent made to cater for all sizes, and that doesn’t happen, and Louise as a body positive “campaigner” picks that up - that’s consistent right? Like why wouldn’t she?

Larger people like to dress well too (I have no skin in this fight I am not big, just boobular). And there’s money to be made. It is odd. Unless it’s not and it’s simply about excluding certain bodies from your brand because only the straight up and down look good in them - at root.

Last edited:
Reactions: 26

Thump

VIP Member
I’m no fan of Louise which will be evident from my earlier posts on this thread, but the answer to discrimination against fat people when accessing medical care and in the workplace is not simply for everyone to lose weight 🙄 we wouldn’t allow discrimination on the grounds of any other physical characteristic.

Reactions: 26

SkylarWhite

If only it was as easy to loose weight as when a person online says shur just loose weight. You have managed to miss the point in its entirety.
You are basically saying “ well tough “. You don’t deserve the same medical treatment as everyone else’s because you didn’t manage to stick to the diet.
I find it interesting now easily people reach for “just lose weight” - it’s an uncomplicated response to a highly complicated issue. If it were that simple, there would be no issue and no diet industry. All folk are asking for is the same respect as those who have thin privilege right? I think that’s ok.

I witnessed the most awful fat phobia at my previous place of work, from one very slim business owner (female), about the internal promotion of a fat woman to CEO. “She can’t and shouldn’t have the position, she’s fat. That can’t sit at the top and be the face of my business”.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
Did anyone see her insta tv this morning on not making fatphobic comments about your own body because it hurts her. She’s in a seriously bad space about her own weight. I’m not a skinny mini myself but if you have put on weight it can make you feel shit. So now people have to keep their feelings about their own body and how it’s making them feel to themselves to save hers. She’s really lost the plot. Getting the vaccine must have triggered a fresh wave of anger in her and it’s worse she’s getting about it as time goes by. Sometimes she can make good points with regard to fat phobia bmi plus size issues but she’s lost the plot if she’s thinking she telling people what to say to save her feelings is okay.
no I 💯 agree with her this morning. I’ve friends whose comments about their weight and other peoples weight seriously affect me. They make the nastiest comments about overweight people whilst I’m in their company, and I’m sitting here thinking what do they really think of me, are they disgusted with me? Girls who are a size 8 who tell me they look disgusting cos they have put on 5lbs while I’m a size 16 so must horrify them.

• Heart
Reactions: 23

CoffeeSugarMilk

OK... here i go...

I am plus sized. Size 16-18, 15 stone, 5' 3"
Whatever

The whole premise of body positivity is loving and respecting your body, which I'm not 100% convinced she does. (I don't 100% either)

My problem with Louise is that she shames anyone who has a different view of BP than her. BP, to me, isn't a one size fits all (excuse the pun 🤣) approach BUT a major premise of the BP movement is to LOOK AFTER YOUR BODY. Complaining about walking 5 mins down the road isn't very BP.

Also, slim people CAN be BP also, just because they're so-called "straight sizes", doesn't mean they're not allowed be in the BP "club".

TLDR: she needs to back the fuck up, get off social media, go for a walk, clear her head, maybe shag her husband and think about why she's so perpetually offended by everything. Also, probably therapy.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22

Jollyolly

I never really gave this whole issue much thought until I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes.
I was a size 10 when I got pregnant but because I was over 40, I was booked in for a glucose tolerance test at 28 weeks based on my age alone.
Went in that morning and did the test and got a call from a midwife that evening to say I had gestational diabetes and booked me in to see a dietitian the following week.
She was SO snotty with me on the phone, eg I asked ok well what do I need to do between now and the dietitian appointment and she actually said "well lay off the Mars bars now".
As it happened, I had a routine midwife visit the following day, and as it happened it was the same midwife who had called me the evening before. She calls me in and was like a different person, nice as pie and says oh god love you, you're having an awful time of it with the diabetes, "and you're not big at all".
I'm assuming the implication there was that if I was overweight it would have been my own fault.
I'm often sorry I didn't speak up at the time and pull her up on it.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 22