Loose Women - ITV

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Penny was on recently in the studio. She has now been out on the beat, and she updated on that. She seems a bit more confident and forthright in her opinions, her police training may have given her confidence. She seems quite sweet, but out of touch, broadcasting from a house that could give Buckingham Palace a run for the money.

Charlene is okay reading the news, with a script, but no good on LW. She’s a charisma free zone, so wooden.

Has Carol McGiffen been dropped? She made a few pro Trump comments on the show, and in print has been anti lockdown, so I am wondering if she has been quietly shelved? I am not that keen on her.

There are a few others I would like to see the back of - the joyless Kellie, Linda Robson, Frankie Bridge (both don’t offer much).

Reactions: 7
I think stacey drags down the show the most followed by nanny Linda, gloria (out of touch) and Kellie.

I would like to know why the only Asian woman (saira ) was dropped.

Reactions: 2
I found the show about Kellie's lupus interesting, I had no idea she had to learn how to speak again etc but generally I find her rather dull and can't understand why she is said to be a good actress, the clips I've seen are not what I'd call good acting, somewhat wooden.

Penny was on recently in the studio. She has now been out on the beat, and she updated on that. She seems a bit more confident and forthright in her opinions, her police training may have given her confidence. She seems quite sweet, but out of touch, broadcasting from a house that could give Buckingham Palace a run for the money.

Charlene is okay reading the news, with a script, but no good on LW. She’s a charisma free zone, so wooden.

Has Carol McGiffen been dropped? She made a few pro Trump comments on the show, and in print has been anti lockdown, so I am wondering if she has been quietly shelved? I am not that keen on her.

There are a few others I would like to see the back of - the joyless Kellie, Linda Robson, Frankie Bridge (both don’t offer much).
I quite like Penny, I find her calm to listen to 😂 It's not her fault she is mega wealthy and I really respect her being out on the beat and commiting to the training. How many other millionaire wives of top A list celebs do we see doing the same? I like looking at her sitting room or wherever she is when she's filming from home.

Reactions: 6
Saira wasn’t dropped, she walked out. She keeps hinting at some hidden angst with some of the other panellists - Nadia, Kaye and Jane have cropped up. A bit of a mean girl clique.

Saira and Coleen’s agent is that author Melanie Clark who has said before:

I saw a photo of Saira’s birthday gathering at the weekend. Andrea was there so they are still mates.

Reactions: 5
So This Morning has Josie at Legoland and now Brenda is there for the same competition... why not just have Josie do both?

Reactions: 1
Kellie is a complete fun sponge. Her reaction to the programme Motherland sums her up. A humourless dullard.

They do a TV club. Janet SP said as an antidote to the scandi detective shows she watches which are depressing, she said how much she enjoys Motherland. They showed a clip. Ruth said we all recognise these mums from the school gates. They had a bit of a laugh. Except Kelle, who said , sorry Janet, I did not find it funny, I did not find it progressive. With a complete sourpuss face. Instant mood kill.

She has taken exception to the black character (I don’t know any of the characters names) - she thinks that they don’t fit in etc. IMO, the black character is arguably the most sorted out of all of them, the rest are victims, needy, stressed, poor. Not sure what Kelle wants. If there were no black characters she would complain too. The black character is a main character, who I think exercises the same reactions as the viewers to the antics of the others, her “otherness” is because she is not like them, she’s a successful businesswoman with a strong marriage. Nothing negative (except her character has been diagnosed with cancer but that’s an aside). Onthe one hand it’s great that Kelle speaks up, going against the majority, but she is a total mood killer. You can make people think without being totally humourless about it.

• Angry
Kelle is my least liked Loose Woman. She is, as been mentioned, humourless and doesn’t have the natural banter of most of the others. The only time I’ve seen her lighten up was when it was an all black panel and they were reminiscing about pop groups and singers they had a crush on when they were growing up.

Her lack of banter was apparent when she was always the one who had to zoom in from home. She found it hard to join in as she usually waited until she was spoken to before she said anything. People like Denise and Coleen who also were often the ones at home were much more talkative

If they quietly dropped her from the line up she wouldn’t be missed by me. I also wouldn’t be bothered not to see Gloria again either

I don’t like Charlene or Kelle, both cut from the same cloth in as much they have as much charisma as speak your weight machines. They are out of place on the panel.

Of the recent signings I like Judi Love. Frankie Bridge and Paris Fury don’t do a lot for me. They trialled Rebecca Ferguson for a while, I really like her. I wonder why she was let go?

Gloria is there as the older woman I guess, like JSP. She doesn’t appear much these days. Linda Robson has run out of things to say. She won’t be going anywhere though, Birds Of A Feather is not being recommissioned. I wish they would invite Jane McDonald back. She used to be funny.

Julia Bradbury and Angelica Bell would be a good signing.

Kelle is my least liked Loose Woman. She is, as been mentioned, humourless and doesn’t have the natural banter of most of the others. The only time I’ve seen her lighten up was when it was an all black panel and they were reminiscing about pop groups and singers they had a crush on when they were growing up.

Her lack of banter was apparent when she was always the one who had to zoom in from home. She found it hard to join in as she usually waited until she was spoken to before she said anything. People like Denise and Coleen who also were often the ones at home were much more talkative

If they quietly dropped her from the line up she wouldn’t be missed by me. I also wouldn’t be bothered not to see Gloria again either
I went right off Kelly when she said she doesn’t buy her kids Christmas presents as they too much from other family members.

I thought what a miserable tight witch. Half the joy for me is choosing and buying the presents and seeing their faces when they open them.
Bet it’s a laugh a minute living with her ☹

I think she’s there to keep up the black quota. There are far more articulate, intellectual and fun women out there who should be given the chance.

Reactions: 7
They do a TV club. Janet SP said as an antidote to the scandi detective shows she watches which are depressing, she said how much she enjoys Motherland. They showed a clip. Ruth said we all recognise these mums from the school gates. They had a bit of a laugh. Except Kelle, who said , sorry Janet, I did not find it funny, I did not find it progressive. With a complete sourpuss face. Instant mood kill.

She has taken exception to the black character (I don’t know any of the characters names) - she thinks that they don’t fit in etc. IMO, the black character is arguably the most sorted out of all of them, the rest are victims, needy, stressed, poor. Not sure what Kelle wants. If there were no black characters she would complain too. The black character is a main character, who I think exercises the same reactions as the viewers to the antics of the others, her “otherness” is because she is not like them, she’s a successful businesswoman with a strong marriage. Nothing negative (except her character has been diagnosed with cancer but that’s an aside). Onthe one hand it’s great that Kelle speaks up, going against the majority, but she is a total mood killer. You can make people think without being totally humourless about it.
Thanks for the update. I've always enjoyed Motherland. That character (Meg) is the most sorted one, the one they all wanted to be like!

Reactions: 3
Kellie only perked up on the all black panel. Most of the behaviours she complains about (racism) she feud plays herself.

she can only relax and relate to an all black panel it seems?

I went right off Kelly when she said she doesn’t buy her kids Christmas presents as they too much from other family members.

I thought what a miserable tight witch. Half the joy for me is choosing and buying the presents and seeing their faces when they open them.

I think she’s there to keep up the black quota. There are far more articulate, intellectual and fun women out there who should be given the chance.
That’s so odd why not just tell the family to buy less and give the money to charity or something instead?

Reactions: 1
Panellists come and go, they have been all ages, from all backgrounds, all ethnicities, some well known, some not so well known. Some go of their own volition, some are quietly dropped. They won’t get rid of Kelle, she would claim she was dropped due to racism despite others being let go. She was a mediocre singer, a so so actress and a dullard on a lightweight panel show where having a sense of humour is a prerequisite. But she is going to be harder to shift than athletes foot.

I don’t like Charlene or Kelle, both cut from the same cloth in as much they have as much charisma as speak your weight machines. They are out of place on the panel.

Of the recent signings I like Judi Love. Frankie Bridge and Paris Fury don’t do a lot for me. They trialled Rebecca Ferguson for a while, I really like her. I wonder why she was let go?

Gloria is there as the older woman I guess, like JSP. She doesn’t appear much these days. Linda Robson has run out of things to say. She won’t be going anywhere though, Birds Of A Feather is not being recommissioned. I wish they would invite Jane McDonald back. She used to be funny.

Julia Bradbury and Angelica Bell would be a good signing.
Good shout on Julia Bradbury. I find Paris Fury straight talking and to the point which I quite like on that show. Kelle is dull and takes herself too seriously.

But they already have Charlene, Brenda & Judi to keep up the black ‘quota’. I love Brenda and Judi and they fit in with any of the panel. Charlene is still very much in newsreader mode and needs to loosen up a little more but I quite like her as well

Kellie stands out as a problem. She is the person at work no one likes but is scared to remove.

She had issues with the two sisters in Eternal. Claimed they were bullying her. No Kel, you were a massive pita, that’s what they didn’t like.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.