Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Octopies

Chatty Member
Always hated this show - try and talk about empowering women yet all the adverts for the show are for online bingo, pay per week furniture, short term loans etc. They know exactly who is watching - mums on mat leave, people who aren’t employed etc. It’s totally fucked up.

Reactions: 43

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Genuinely didn’t realise the midday menopausal mafia was still on tv

they need to axe that show and bring back “ready steady cook” and “supermarket sweep”

• Haha
Reactions: 31

FunkyMonkey

Chatty Member
‘Is she really in the right headspace to be putting that out there’
Well let me see, she is in the very early throws of intense bereavement. No I shouldn’t think she is thinking very clearly. But we will do right and treat her with respect and compassion. Not bleat that it made us feel uncomfortable.

judgemental old cows.

Thank you for the link littlepup

• Heart
Reactions: 31

emzi2784

Didn’t that hag Carol publicly talk about her numerous abortions a while back? Yet she’s uncomfortable about someone losing their baby?

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 30

Yel

Chatty Member
This isn't about the miscarriage story but they often say far worse things than are ever said on tattle, yet we're the most disgusting trolls on the internet? 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 30

littlepup

VIP Member
Starting this thread after a discussion on the Chrissy Teigen thread because on Loose Women they said how her miscarriage photos made them "uncomfortable."
I honestly see these women as a major set back for equality and women being taken seriously on important subjects. They give them the most inane, unimportant things to talk about it's embarrassing. Then when they are given something of any importance to talk about they are drastically under qualified and under informed and make ridiculous statements with smug shit eating faces on like they know what they are doing. Others of them are purposely inflammatory as though being an opinionated arsehole gives them a personality and makes them interesting. They are just vile.

How dare they.
I didn’t actually watch this episode (I only watch it if there’s a guest I’m interested in watching)- did they elaborate on why it made them uncomfortable?
it is such a cold, unempathic thing to say. Even if they wouldn’t do it themselves they are judging a couple who lost their baby less than a day ago. And she (Chrissy) won’t hear what they said- but millions of their viewers who have been bereaved in a similar way will have.

• Heart
Reactions: 29

NomDeGuerre

VIP Member
Does anyone remember, back in the early days of Twitter (around 2010-2011), Carol McGiffin used to get pissed and then stay up half the night tweeting libellous bollocks... all of which would have mysteriously disappeared by the next morning?

EDIT

I don't watch Loose Women very often at all, but since working from home, I've caught it while prepping lunch. The only panellist who seems a halfway decent person is Janet Street Porter... Denise Welch has gone full Covid-denier, Gloria Hunniford relates EVERYTHING back to her own struggles, Saira Khan and Nadia Sawlaha seem to be in a competition-to-the-death to see who can humiliate their families more, Linda Robson seems to have her tea laced with Ritalin she's so laconic and mopey and don't get me started on Colon Nolan.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25

glasgow27

VIP Member
At this point, I don't really see what's constructive or entertaining about this show. Only a few panelists actually seem remotely likeable and I'll never really forgive ITV for letting the Kim Woodburn vs Coleen debate happen. The way that was set up was disgusting.

Reactions: 24

Renata

VIP Member
They have stuck Charlene into a discussion about Meghan and she is far too involved as a black woman. She is too biased and emotional.

this is uncomfortable.

she keeps shutting down the “whites”

Nothing is good enough for her

Reactions: 18

lalalanded

VIP Member
Jane is the only one I have any respect for tbh. She is also a real journalist in the old school way not someone plucked off of social media.

• Heart

burnbookregina

I hate this show, I hate the women on it. I think they are vile bullies and it should have been cancelled years ago. They think themselves still relevant...they aren't and nobody cares what their opinions are.

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
I watched it and thought it was disgusting how they were discussing it anyway. Fair enough if they want to send their well wishes, but to fully blown discuss the whole thing and whether she was in the right mindframe! Its a good job their a bunch of nobodies in the UK and Chrissy has no idea who they are

Reactions: 17

Coffeefirst19

Chatty Member
No sorry, Jane trying to normalise causal racism. No.
And kept interrupting and not even trying to understand what racism is like from a poc POV.
it was uncomfortable to watch because of Jane and her small minded views.

No, plain rude actually. Clearly I’m in the minority thinking this too 🤣

• Heart

FunkyMonkey

Chatty Member
How dare they.
I didn’t actually watch this episode (I only watch it if there’s a guest I’m interested in watching)- did they elaborate on why it made them uncomfortable?
it is such a cold, unempathic thing to say. Even if they wouldn’t do it themselves they are judging a couple who lost their baby less than a day ago. And she (Chrissy) won’t hear what they said- but millions of their viewers who have been bereaved in a similar way will have.

openbook1

VIP Member
‘Is she really in the right headspace to be putting that out there’
Well let me see, she is in the very early throws of intense bereavement. No I shouldn’t think she is thinking very clearly. But we will do right and treat her with respect and compassion. Not bleat that it made us feel uncomfortable.

judgemental old cows.

Thank you for the link littlepup
Who are they to judge whether she should do it or not? That little baby was a part of their family and she had to give birth to him. Why should she not share the photos? No wonder women feel they can't talk about miscarriage or still birth.

• Heart

orlyb1310

VIP Member
There have been all-white panels on loose women for years yet when there's an all-black panel every few weeks, especially when talking about issues particularly sensitive to black people, ITV are discriminating against white people 😂 😂 do me a favour, white people don't need to weigh into every conversation, especially the white loose women who usually don't know what they're talking about when it comes to race issues (eg jane dismissing the microagressions black women have to endure purely for being black by comparing it to sexism she received for being a female journalist which of course is bad but can't she just listen to black women instead of making it about her??). White people aren't oppressed, especially when the biggest issue is them missing out a day on the loose women panel.

• Heart
Reactions: 16

Greys1324

Chatty Member
Saira always comes across as so aggressive, she can’t state a point without shouting!

Reactions: 16