Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Loopy83

VIP Member
Very telling that they didn't mention the masked singing this week. They normally talk about it after the reveals. Obviously they couldn't due to nadia being a loose woman.

• Haha
Reactions: 7

Cupid_Stunt

VIP Member
Brenda barely spoke today, I don’t know if it was because Stacey & Denise dominated proceedings or if she wasn’t in a talkative mood

Reactions: 7

Catwoman

VIP Member
Oh no I really don't like Kelly's hair. It was gorgeous before, colour and cut. I really don't like the blonde, the cut... No, no no! It looks really brash and cheap in my opinion. As for the make up, LW has really gone downhill recently. It couldn't all be down to Donna May leaving surely? There's a team but recently many of the LW look awful. It's really noticeable.

Reactions: 6

House of Tea

VIP Member
Gloria really doesn’t have much time for Denise

They were talking about perms and Gloria mentioned a large contraption/machine she used when she was a kid to get her perm. Gloria said she used to be “lashed to this machine”. Denise asked “the perm machine?” and Gloria snapped back “hang on a sec” and the audience laughed, Denise pulled a 😲 face and Kaye & Kelly pulled a stunned face.

Gloria is always quite snappy with Denise
They compete for airtime. They both monopolise it.

emm

VIP Member
I
I’ll be in a minority here but I applaud Denise for speaking out after all the usual fawning over the royal family and twisting of narratives where H&M are concerned.

I’m no fan of them but I think they’d had enough and wanted to put their side of the story, albeit in a very ill advised way. I do admire the king in a lot of ways and the late queen was amazing but feel we are left with is a pretty poor bunch and a lot of them aren’t good people. I don’t feel the royal family are above reproach and if Harry spoke out against them it’s for complex reasons not just money making. It’s a toxic and outdated system. Treating anyone but firstborn as 2nd best is just never going to work.

I am essentially pro royal but I think they need to change. They muck raked through mouthpieces to the right wing press about Harry for years.

As for Dickie: Sycophantic little toad 🐸! With his snide little comments about Diana! Good for Denise! She did rant but she was in the end pretty respectful.

Loose Women even had a segment last week about how Louis was naughty and George would have to be the sensible one and work much harder “like William and Harry”. So the toxic narrative of assigned characteristics and setting Louis up continues!

Even the smarter LW such as JSP and Katie P are very pro royal.

I find Denise refreshing and the panel more interesting with her on it. In general I prefer the actress panel members.
---
I agree, not a fan of Denise but nor am I of the royals in general. Had it not been for her it wilould have just been yet another sycophantic segment about the troyals that was on every other daytime show yesterday

• Heart

House of Tea

VIP Member
That's a shame about R and E. I thought they were one of the ones who'd last, although there are no guarantees of course. They just seemed like great friends too which is really important in any long-term relationship. I can't imagine working with my husband for as long as they did, time apart is no bad thing. Although she remained professional and did not utter a word about the Eamonn interview, I felt she was embarrassed by it. When you're (very) financially independent and any children have left home, you have a much simpler choice to make if the person you live with is draining your happiness. You can move on and not worry about your finances, something which discourages many people in unhappy marriages to leave.
I can imagine she told him not to do it. She is still employed by ITV. It would have made it awkward for her. And yet he did it anyway. And he ended up looking bitter. He wasn’t looking out for the young guy involved. He was looking to score points against ITV and PS and Martin Frizell. It made us all laugh, but it wasn’t the behaviour of a big time broadcaster as he likes to think of himself.

He has joined the ranks of Huw Edwards and Jeremy Vine and has over embraced social media. This is from 4 May, one of those shite cryptic attention seeking posts, presumably when they agreed to part. Plus airbrushed to fuck. The one below that one makes him look in his 30s!

IMG_1906.jpeg

Attachments

• Wow

Cupid_Stunt

VIP Member
I’m not sure about Kelly’s new hair do. I don’t mind the colour so much more the cut

I think she needs to do something with the top of it and the fringe bit but apart from that I don’t mind it

IMG_2028.jpeg

IMG_2029.jpeg

• Wow

House of Tea

VIP Member
See what I mean she’s got far too much to say and the TV work must’ve dried up she’s had to go to the theatres
A lot of actors see theatre as proper work, with tv as the well paid but less prestigious option. Her husband’s paintings go for thousands. They are minted. She can pick and choose what she does, although I doubt she is top of tv producers lists for booking. I think she was in Hollyoaks recently?

Attachments

• Wow

Goldilocks3108

VIP Member
That's a shame about R and E. I thought they were one of the ones who'd last, although there are no guarantees of course. They just seemed like great friends too which is really important in any long-term relationship. I can't imagine working with my husband for as long as they did, time apart is no bad thing. Although she remained professional and did not utter a word about the Eamonn interview, I felt she was embarrassed by it. When you're (very) financially independent and any children have left home, you have a much simpler choice to make if the person you live with is draining your happiness. You can move on and not worry about your finances, something which discourages many people in unhappy marriages to leave.
I’m almost sure it was precisely because of this interview that they’ve split up. It must’ve been so awkward for her to still be employed by ITV and represented by the same management company. Their son leaving home possibly contributed too, some couples realise they have nothing in common once the nest is empty. It’s a shame, because he was incredibly supportive to her when her sister died

Cupid_Stunt

VIP Member
Ooh Kaye just told Gloria off

They are talking to Esther Rantzen’s daughter (about Esther’s wish for assisted dying) and Gloria was going to say something that Esther had said when Kaye said “Gloria” (quite bluntly) “we’re just going to listen to Esther in her own words” and they played a recording of her

I thought Kaye seemed a bit fed up with Gloria there by the way she spoke to her

• Wow

Howdy

VIP Member
At first I found Katie a breath of fresh air – she articulates herself well, doesn't try and dominate a conversation and is softly spoken. I also respect her a lot for rebuilding her life after such a traumatic event; she's living a good life and her fund is helping others. Nothing to criticise there. But recently I find her more bland to watch and I'm not so sure what's changed for me. I find myself not bothering to watch her Instagram stories either. There is lot of her in her home gym working out. Yawn. But I find it yawnsville to watch attention-hungry women (or men) working out anyway.

Denise thinks she's got something interesting to say all the time...

Cupid_Stunt

VIP Member
Yeah I started noticing over the last few weeks a lot of Eamonn’s pictures on Instagram were airbrushed inviting people to say how great he looks. There was a noticeable change

It’s like he’s having a midlife crisis

Kelly's gorgeous but that hair is TERRIBLE - she looks like a raggy doll (not a racist slur before anyone starts, refers to 80's cartoon character.

Who the FUCK would pay to see fat old gobshite Colleen talking absolute fucking tripe? I'd rather spend the evening having a root canal extraction.

• Haha

House of Tea

VIP Member
As much as I think Linda Robson adds nothing to the programme, I feel sorry for her a bit. She is well paid, so no sorrow for her there, but the producers love the fact she is ill educated and stupid. They have pushed her into a position of being a loveable idiot, willing to debase herself (she probably doesn’t realise she is debasing herself) to keep her place on the panel. They seem to push her into saying stuff about her alcoholism/breakdown. They did it today. It is the only time she looks uncomfortable and self aware. She has also earned coin from it herself by writing about it in her book, but it just seems contrived and shoehorned into a discussion when they bring it up yet again on the panel. (She mentioned she was a National Treasure again.)

Sherrie Hewson was the previous lovable idiot, they seem to want a daft old bint on the rota to laugh at in a benign way. I think Sherrie was let go around the same time as Lisa Maxwell and when they offered Jane McDonald one show a month - when they were trying unsuccessfully to make the programme more serious - which failed as an editorial decision. I just don’t like the way there must always be an older woman around to patronise.

Olivia is more famous than her husband who is a footballer - not in the league of Grealish or Rooney but presumably good enough (I know jack shit about football to be fair). I really like her - one of the only Love Island/TOWIE alumni who seems to have a brain and a sense of humour. She's done some fantastic documentaries and doesn't seem to take herself too seriously.

Her hubby:

House of Tea

VIP Member
Well everyone has different paths you can’t put a woman down because she met her would be husband earlier in life that just happens to be a footballer
I wasn’t putting anyone down. You were putting CL down, reducing her to a role of arm candy, saying you bet she was gutted she wasn’t with FL at his peak, when she had a successful career before FL herself. She didn’t need him. She had her own peak. It isn’t the 1950s.