Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MsGilmore

VIP Member
That debate about working from home. Denise’s nepo babies will never have to work for the living wage so she is talking from a place of privilege. Unless Louis’s acting career fails, but I’m sure she would bail him out if that happened! She’s such a bitter old witch!

Reactions: 8

Cupid_Stunt

VIP Member
Been surprised by Sue Cleaver (Eileen in Corrie) on LW this week. I thought she was awful when she was in the Jungle but she seems a different person on there.
She’s been on before as a Loose Woman panellist towards the end of last year but yes she’s really quite a natural. She has interesting things to say, she contributes well to the conversations and she’s good with the guests. She probably can’t do it regularly due to her Corrie commitments but wouldn’t mind seeing more of her on the panel

Multi-21

VIP Member
She’s saying he shouldn’t say things as it’s not the experience for all disabled people, but in the same rant is saying she’s speaking on behalf of all disabled people herself (at least that’s the way it comes across) and that’s the bit which jars with me.

emm

VIP Member
Sorry to be harsh, but she brings NOTHING to the show. She is thicker than mince, has no idea what's going on around her, never mind the stories they're supposed to be discussing and is a complete liability. She is terrible to watch, completely inarticulate, completely embarrassing.
Exactly, ahe doesn't even do the bare minimum to prepare anything like the rest of them seem to when she is the on who needs to most

emm

VIP Member
Well this guys episode is clearly recorded and Vernon is in Bolton after finishing massive run
I was wondering why he said something about it being 9am 🤣 is every men's episode just endlessly going on about metal health issues? I get it's important but it's just so repetitive

Reactions: 7
I think she had a point, I was more curious about how vocal she was being in opposition of who is effectively her employer. She's even commented on the original clip on the Loose Women social media calling Loose Women ableist and pointing out to everyone that she asked them to take it down and they refused. I'll be absolutely fascinated to see how it plays out.

Renata

VIP Member
Judy and Colleen out of their depth today talking about suella.

They should have got two people on who had done some research like Janet.

House of Tea

VIP Member
Victoria Beckham was more famous then David at the time so I wouldn’t exactly call her a hang on
Cheryl had her own career in a band she had her own fame and platform
Abbey Clancy was going to be a model anyway so she would have become famous regardless
Coleen Rooney met Wayne when she 12 or 13 they are childhood sweethearts
She was going in to be a journalist
She did really well at school
And was very academic
Alex met Steven when she was 18 and made her own money along the way
You miss the point. Christine wasn’t a Colleen Rooney, she had a successful career in N.Ireland, then here. I am pretty sure her not being with FL at the height of his career is pretty low down her list of regrets.

House of Tea

VIP Member
Kaye Adams, a respected broadcaster, behaves really oddly on Instagram. She posts about everything. It is so childish. She seems to document everything. It’s like an addiction. I listen to her podcast and her co host tells her she is addicted to social media. She agrees but just carries on.The adoption of voluntary over exposure by the most unexpected people has been the most extraordinary thing to witness on social media. You expect nonentities and the less intelligent people to do this, or those trying to build up a profile - but when you see people like Kaye, Eamon Holmes, Jeremy Vine and Huw Edwards demean themselves for attention and validation, it is odd and depressing.

House of Tea

VIP Member
Is this marriage number three for Andrea?

Do we think she tapped up Loose Women or the other way around? I remember when she left she was so excited about pursuing her dream, shame it didn't work out but that's the reality, many ventures don't. I expect she reached out to them.
She tapped them I am guessing. When she left it was very much I no longer need tv. Turns out she needs that £3K appearance fee. Plus a boost to her celebrity to bolster future earnings. She has been gone how many years? They need the money. A few noses will be put out of joint on LW. Wonder if she will be an anchor? She knocked Kaye out of her anchor seat before. Kaye’s dislike of her was palpable if they were on together. Please god let her have Charlene’s place.

Minnietred

New here - apologies in advance for the essay, but I have had more time to watch recently and only just found these threads!!

I cannot stand Denise, she talks over the other panelists constantly and only her opinion is allowed. Brenda is also the same, rude and arrogant, she raises voice to shut people down, and rolls her eyes whenever she disagrees with what someone else is saying. If someone did that to her there would be uproar, and people would be called disrespectful.

I hear rumours that Katie Piper maybe getting her own show on ITV, I hope not. Whilst I think she is admirable for her charity work, I don’t like her on LW - she is obnoxious, says things for effect and is totally hypocritical when she talks about her kids (I have seen the family out in public with their nanny in tow).

In fact, here’s my list of ones I don’t mind:
Jane
Janet
Judi
Kaye
Kelly (x2)
Olivia
Ruth

I miss Jane Macdonald & Penny Lancaster. Christine would be on the list, but I am still fuming over the Blue Monday show in January where her and Brenda were so obnoxious and showed their privelege.

Frankie, Stacey, Linda and Colleen bring nothing to the table - they are all as unintelligent as each other and I don’t find anything they say worthy of listening to

I just wish they would have panelists with a bit of intelligence, that are not self-obsessed. I like to hear from someone with an analytical mind that is open to other opinions, not someone who thinks it is acceptable to force themselves into the spotlight constantly.

• Heart

nik1231

Chatty Member
Olivia is more famous than her husband who is a footballer - not in the league of Grealish or Rooney but presumably good enough (I know jack shit about football to be fair). I really like her - one of the only Love Island/TOWIE alumni who seems to have a brain and a sense of humour. She's done some fantastic documentaries and doesn't seem to take herself too seriously.

Her hubby:

I really like her too - she's a grafter and she's not full of crap. She's definitely earned her own fame and isn't just a wag.

• Heart

Multi-21

VIP Member
Do they not get on?! She speaks about her sister a lot on the show
I think that’s her other sister Dina.
Apparently Julia and Nadia fell out over Julia and Alan Davies wanting to keep their relationship private but Nadia invited them to a party where exclusive rights were sold to ok or hello and they were expected to be in the photos.
I think that’s what happened or something along those lines

• Wow

nik1231

Chatty Member
Just catching up on Friday's LW - I've always liked Sam Thompson but I think he came across really well on the show. It must be hard for him to remain so calm and controlled - I think he did so well!

Cupid_Stunt

VIP Member
A lot of actors see theatre as proper work, with tv as the well paid but less prestigious option. Her husband’s paintings go for thousands. They are minted. She can pick and choose what she does, although I doubt she is top of tv producers lists for booking. I think she was in Hollyoaks recently?
Yeah I think making out theatre work is the lesser of the acting roles and is somehow a comedown after doing TV is doing a disservice to the theatre. With TV or Film acting you get to re-film a scene if you get it wrong, once that scene’s done and in the can you’re on to the next one and there could be gaps between filming of each scene.

Theatre, there is no take 2, you carry on, you have a live audience in front of you so you may sometimes have to react to their reaction, you are saying and doing the same scenes over and over again as you do the matinee and evening performances. In Denise’s case her and Matthew Kelly are the only 2 people in the play playing multiple versions of their character’s so she’s never off the stage for long apart from to get changed

• Heart

House of Tea

VIP Member
Linda is there to lower the tone, she cannot contribute to serious topics. It’s her only employment at the moment, so she is earning £12k per month - if appearing once a week. Not a bad salary for a one trick pony.

• Angry
  • Wow
The irony, the next topic of convo was, 'How do you deal with insults?

Irony of all ironies. At the end of that Denise said 'It'snice to be important, but more important to be nice'. 🙄

Brenda: 'I've had my fair share of nasty comments on social media, I just reply with 'thank you'. That's no surprise if that is how you act on national tv, her reply is absolutely pathetic, most people just ignore.

They all now make a joke of it with Joel Dommett. It is typical 'Mean Girls', it so is. Seen it in the workplace, now I see it on a panel show on tv. Absolutely astounded as it is so horrible on many many levels. The person being 'bullied', and it is a form of bullying, is actually a guest. :eek: :mad:

• Angry

Goldilocks3108

VIP Member
Absolutely disgusted with these women on this programme.

Dickie Arbiter on as a guest talking about the Royal family. Denise Welch lays into him about the Sussex's. Brenda Edwards sitting there with a face like a bulldog chewing a wasp looking at Mr Arbiter as if he were a bad smell.

Production need to pull these two from the panel, Denise is always controversial, today she was downright rude and was very embarrassing to watch. Future guests should be very wary of this panel of mean girls. If a panellist doesn't like the guest then please vacate the stage rather than showing dislike, being rude, making the guest feel awkward, although Dickie handled it well. Brenda contributed nothing and held that sour face right through to the ad break.

Disgraceful behaviour. This was not entertainment ITV. 😠
I didn’t see it today but it winds me up whenever they talk about anything royal fricking Denise Welch is always on the panel with her extremely biased, anti royal views. Dreadful woman

• Angry