Loneliness / making friends

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have never felt as lonely as I do now and have been feeling the same for the last 9 months or so.

No one ever seems to want stay friends with me, never make the first contact with me, never invites me anywhere. It always has to be me who texts first or asks to meet up.

One friend totally cut me off a few years ago and to this day I can’t work out what happened as she literally disappeared over night.

I don’t do anything or go anywhere apart from work and my house.

I go to bed early most nights as even my husband doesn’t seem interested in being around me.

I’m a really friendly person and love a chat and a laugh so I can’t work out why no one seems to like me.
I could have wrote this myself. Even with family I am always the one making the effort. A few years ago I made the decision to stop bothering and literally heard from/saw no one except my husband and people at work.

I've often wondered if it's possible to fade away from loneliness? And would anyone even notice?

Don't get me wrong, I like my own company but sometimes I think I would be nice to have someone other than my husband to speak to.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
I could have wrote this myself. Even with family I am always the one making the effort. A few years ago I made the decision to stop bothering and literally heard from/saw no one except my husband and people at work.

I've often wondered if it's possible to fade away from loneliness? And would anyone even notice?

Don't get me wrong, I like my own company but sometimes I think I would be nice to have someone other than my husband to speak to.
I feel like I could’ve written this too.
I’m an introvert naturally. I’ve had friends in the past that have just disappeared on me, for no reason that I can fathom.
I think because of that my confidence in being social generally has just crashed, I love my own company but not all the time! I try not to dwell on it but it’s hard, I feel ‘faulty’, even my eldest is questioning why I have no friends - embarrassing!!

Reactions: 6
I have never felt as lonely as I do now and have been feeling the same for the last 9 months or so.

No one ever seems to want stay friends with me, never make the first contact with me, never invites me anywhere. It always has to be me who texts first or asks to meet up.

One friend totally cut me off a few years ago and to this day I can’t work out what happened as she literally disappeared over night.

I don’t do anything or go anywhere apart from work and my house.

I go to bed early most nights as even my husband doesn’t seem interested in being around me.

I’m a really friendly person and love a chat and a laugh so I can’t work out why no one seems to like me.
I'm really sorry your going through this , as someone else has said , it's not you that's the problem. Please feel free to messege me I love to chat too

Pretty much a similar story to me, hard to make good friends that stick around
😞
This happens to me

I'm sorry your having a rough time. I don't think it's anything your doing wrong other than picking the wrong people to try and befriend. If someone can cut you off without so much as an explanation then they aren't worth another thought.

I've been in the same situation where it can feel like it's always you making the effort with everyone and if you don't no one is bothered. My advice is be good to yourself. Do things for yourself do things you love. Give it time and everyone will realise your missing stop making that effort and act like you don't care slowly you won't

Where did you move to? Is there alot to do in your area?
There's loads to see and do here , I just get fed up of doing it alone 😞 , I wish I was the type of person who can just walk in a bar alone etc but I'm just not 😞

Reactions: 2
I'm really sorry your going through this , as someone else has said , it's not you that's the problem. Please feel free to messege me I love to chat too

😞
This happens to me

There's loads to see and do here , I just get fed up of doing it alone 😞 , I wish I was the type of person who can just walk in a bar alone etc but I'm just not 😞
Stick to your new online friends then until something changes pinky ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 7

I stopped being the one to initiate conversations, meeting up etc, I deleted Facebook 3 years ago and don't hear from anyone now. I don't think anyone (other than my kids and mum) would notice if I disappeared.

I've noticed my speech isn't as clear as it used to be and I don't feel as mentally sharp 😥

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Stick to your new online friends then until something changes pinky ❤
It sounds sad I know but sometimes coming on here and reasoning other people's opinions is a highlight of my day 😳😂🙄

I stopped being the one to initiate conversations, meeting up etc, I deleted Facebook 3 years ago and don't hear from anyone now. I don't think anyone (other than my kids and mum) would notice if I disappeared.

I've noticed my speech isn't as clear as it used to be and I don't feel as mentally sharp 😥
That's not good , is there something you enjoy doing ? A hobby ? I know it's so daunting doing things alone but it sounds like getting out and doing something you enjoy would really be beneficial ?

Reactions: 2
It sounds sad I know but sometimes coming on here and reasoning other people's opinions is a highlight of my day 😳😂🙄

That's not good , is there something you enjoy doing ? A hobby ? I know it's so daunting doing things alone but it sounds like getting out and doing something you enjoy would really be beneficial ?
No no I'm here with you 😂

Reactions: 3
I generally find though even at my age many ''friends'' aren't even your friends and talk to you when it suits them or they need something. Many people aren't genuine, sad to say.

Reactions: 8
No Sunday dinner here today , master of the house said he doesn't want a roast today so.....
Actually decent weather so we should really think about getting out , but I've promised I'm re decorating his bedroom so I've got walls to sandpaper and prep 😳🙄🙄
Have you plans for today ?

No Sunday dinner here today , master of the house said he doesn't want a roast today so.....
Actually decent weather so we should really think about getting out , but I've promised I'm re decorating his bedroom so I've got walls to sandpaper and prep 😳🙄🙄
Have you plans for today ?
I was going to go into town but everywhere so busy at the weekends So I might just stay in.

Reactions: 1
I've stayed in , sandpapered and sugar saoped walls 🙄 height of excitement .... But a visit to ikea is imminent , now that IS exciting 🤣😂

I've stayed in , sandpapered and sugar saoped walls 🙄 height of excitement .... But a visit to ikea is imminent , now that IS exciting 🤣😂
Oh god Ikea on a weekend is MANIC takes double the amount of time to get round because you are basically walking round in a single file line. :giggle:

I can't remember what I like to do 🤣 I've not got anyone to watch my girls on an evening so can't go to the local zumba or dance class etc. Might go for a swim while they are at school.

I can't remember what I like to do 🤣 I've not got anyone to watch my girls on an evening so can't go to the local zumba or dance class etc. Might go for a swim while they are at school.
I'm in the same predicament , my son's dad works nights and I've no one else to look after him

Been feeling even worse lately and realised that apart from my husband I don’t have anyone to vent to or tell anything to 😓. Also found out via a Facebook meme that I’m not going to be one of friends bridesmaids next year and although I’m honestly fine with it, it would have been nice to have been actually been told.

I was watching friends last night and there is a part when phoebe always says she’s the last to know about things that happen, that’s me.

I also get so embarrassed when people ask what I’ve been up to and I have to just say not much and then move the topic on.

be lonely really sucks :(

Reactions: 7
I joined the gym at the start of the month and I still haven’t been. Just don’t have the time with my kids glued to my hips every day and no one around who can take them. I’ve also been so poorly with a bad cold, Aunt Flo came at the same time (I get horrendous PMS) and now have some unexpected money worries to boot - I’ve never felt so stressed as I have these last two weeks. To cap it all off, my 2 year old has his back molars coming in and is teething horribly, and my 4 year old must be picking up on my stress because his meltdowns and defiance towards everything have increased so much. I looked in the mirror this morning and just cried at the state of myself, I feel as if I’ve aged 20 years.

I know, I’m probably coming across as extremely dramatic and there are people out there worse off than I am right now (which just adds to my guilt for feeling as I do), but I don’t even have anyone to talk to. My husband is hopeless when it comes to deep conversations and I don’t have friends.