Loneliness / making friends

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't think I have it in me to join a gym 😶 I'm far far too self conscious , but I do want to go out walking again . I used to walk loads before I had my son and when he was small in his pram or his trike. Probably not going to meet anyone that way though so it will be another alone venture
But it will probably take your mind off it so that's a plus

Reactions: 2
I’ve rejoined the gym. I used to go all the time after my first baby but stopped when I found out I was pregnant with second and piled on the weight since. I doubt I’ll make friends but it will at least give me an hour out of my day to work on myself.
Articles about friendships etc and some People say its easy to make friends I think it depends on the situation tbh.

I don't think I have it in me to join a gym 😶 I'm far far too self conscious , but I do want to go out walking again . I used to walk loads before I had my son and when he was small in his pram or his trike. Probably not going to meet anyone that way though so it will be another alone venture
Why not join a walking club? My city has quite a few.

Reactions: 1
This is me. I’m twenty and I’ve struggled to make friends all my life. I am disabled and had a TA all through school - I think it alienated me quite a bit And actually played hell with my social skills because everybody talked to me ‘through’ the TA rather than to me. I have one or two school friends which I’m still in contact with now, and an online friend who I absolutely adore, but other than that I don’t have other friends. I have people to talk to at university but I just seem to really struggle otherwise - it’s like we never move past the acquaintance stage! I’m hoping that once I get a job I’ll be able to meet more people... it worries me purely because I don’t see how I’ll ever get a girlfriend/boyfriend if I can’t talk to anyone 😳😂 I’ve made peace with being alone for now. I tell everybody I like being by myself which sort of does the job at convincing myself I do... I will be at peace by myself with a cat and a tortoise, me. 😅

Reactions: 6
I hope everyones had a good day . It's back to school here , and back into our normal routine which makes me feel a lot less down . Netflix it is tonight 💚

Reactions: 3
I find it hard too. 24 and I spend most of my time alone after work. My partner is in the armed forces and only home at weekends and I only really have 2 close friends but we manage to meet up maybe every month at a push. I find it hard to make strong connections now. Work is a pressurised timed environment so there’s not an opportunity to form deep friendships. I live a 40 minute walk from town and don’t drive so clubs/groups are hard to join. I see my mother and sister most evenings for an hour or so but then it’s back to being home alone.

I find it hard too. 24 and I spend most of my time alone after work. My partner is in the armed forces and only home at weekends and I only really have 2 close friends but we manage to meet up maybe every month at a push. I find it hard to make strong connections now. Work is a pressurised timed environment so there’s not an opportunity to form deep friendships. I live a 40 minute walk from town and don’t drive so clubs/groups are hard to join. I see my mother and sister most evenings for an hour or so but then it’s back to being home alone.
It's hard. My last job was quite isolated and there was just 8 of us in a site office. I was there nearly 10 years so missed the opportunities of meeting people my age in a normal office environment. It comes in waves for me. Glad you have your sister and Mom and that you see them at least.

It's hard. My last job was quite isolated and there was just 8 of us in a site office. I was there nearly 10 years so missed the opportunities of meeting people my age in a normal office environment. It comes in waves for me. Glad you have your sister and Mom and that you see them at least.
I’ve been there for 2 years but I can’t say I’ve found a friendship. I’m either too young to relate to them or joined the team when friendships have already been made. Plus the environment in the office isn’t the best to sit and get to know someone. It’s just disheartening as others in work seem so close and other I know have strong friendships from work.

Glad to hear that ❤ anything good on netflix?
I've just signed up again after a 5/6 months break. I'm going to start the Witcher , and vwars , I think I'll re watch some of the Vampire diaries ( used to love that years ago), also want to watch the film 5 feet apart as one of my neighbours has cystic fibrosis. I'm waiting for the next series of Sabrina the teenage witch as well !

I am 28 and have recently moved to a new area, i had a female best friend who is no longer in my life as we fell out over her wedding (a long story definitely worthy of telling some time but right now I’m still triggered by it!) and my other friends live up up north around 3hrs from me!

i have one friend still local but we don’t see each other too often, I find him a little self centered sometimes and often don’t have the energy to listen to his ‘me me me’ for hours on end!

i go to a local exercise class around 5 times a week so the ladies from there are like friends now but I am really content with my social life. I’m super close with my family so see them every week and I love spending time with my partners family too.

My partner is in the army too , allthough he's around a bit more now as he's due to come out next year .

I’ve been there for 2 years but I can’t say I’ve found a friendship. I’m either too young to relate to them or joined the team when friendships have already been made. Plus the environment in the office isn’t the best to sit and get to know someone. It’s just disheartening as others in work seem so close and other I know have strong friendships from work.
I think I just assumed it would be easy in that environment, not always I suppose.

I used meetup to meet new people when I moved. I didn’t like the events that were coming up so I made my own group. My first event was drinks at a pub and one or two after that. I didn’t make any friends from it as I found the people a little odd but it was great for my confidence and so proud I put myself out there instead of fermenting at home alone

Reactions: 7
I've just signed up again after a 5/6 months break. I'm going to start the Witcher , and vwars , I think I'll re watch some of the Vampire diaries ( used to love that years ago), also want to watch the film 5 feet apart as one of my neighbours has cystic fibrosis. I'm waiting for the next series of Sabrina the teenage witch as well !
I've just finished You. Really liked it. Total escapism 😁

My partner is in the army too , allthough he's around a bit more now as he's due to come out next year .
He’s in the RAF but at the moment no idea when he’ll be leaving. We’re trying to get him moved to a base closer to home but it’s hard work. As lovely as it is having him around more and he is my best friend also its
Not the same as a friend to chat with over coffee and catch up

He’s in the RAF but at the moment no idea when he’ll be leaving. We’re trying to get him moved to a base closer to home but it’s hard work. As lovely as it is having him around more and he is my best friend also its
Not the same as a friend to chat with over coffee and catch up
I know it's really hard, it won't always be

Sabrina the teenage witch is on 4music.