Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

DellaC

VIP Member
I hope I can raise mine to be the same!! I tend to go overboard with "the best" for them and worry I am spoiling them tbh. I know it comes from me having fuck all growing up (despite my parents pretending otherwise to outsiders).
Same.

And clearly it hasn't been the best way forward with my daughter. I thought giving her everything I didn't have would make her happy and I suppose love me more.

Fucking ridiculous.

She's just a spoilt, entitled brat who has no clue about the value of money. She's going to have a big shock coming her way when little Minnie arrives in the world ๐Ÿ˜‚

If I could go back that is what I would change. When she was born we were stoney broke but my husband grafted and within a few years the money rolled in. So I spoilt her rotten. As did my husband. I think when little man came and all the difficulties, the surgery and my illness then I just chucked money at her more. How awful ๐Ÿ˜ช

I think it's natural when you've come from a difficult childhood to be that way just be mindful of it as the girls grow up.

Sorry about the rant, she's moved in with PC Prickface so I'm feeling rather delicate ๐Ÿ˜˜

• Heart
Reactions: 10

2ofeach

VIP Member
I've seen the new granddaughter, she is an absolutely doll, I am smitten โค
Time to bond as a family of 4 now as the grandson was handed over on the visit too.... ๐Ÿคฃ. He's been a joy but alas I'm no spring chicken!
They're such a beautiful little family, I'm so bloody proud of them all.

Rugby & F1 on the TV.... standard ๐Ÿ˜‰
Gorgeous day here today, warm winds so had a nice breezy walk... very refreshing.

Close shave for you @oldjamfan ... be careful old boy ๐Ÿคฃ
Hope everyone's weekend was equally enjoyable.

No knee pics from @DellaC .... surely that's a 'wrong fella' holiday given! ๐Ÿค”
Prove it or it didn't happen ๐Ÿ˜„

• Heart

gigilouxx

VIP Member
He sounds like my eldests dad. Utter wasteman used to do that to me, spoiled everything. Bdays, nights out, other peopleโ€™s bday meals. I HATE weasel men like that, but youโ€™re doing the right thing @DellaC as hard as it is. Itโ€™ll be better for your daughter too because when she does find it in her to fuck him off she knows youโ€™re there x

• Heart
We told wee Caledonian and he didn't seem phased but I don't think he really understands what we told him but we have told him nonetheless and will see what tomorrow brings

• Heart
Reactions: 9

mrs.darcy

VIP Member
I'm a bit pissed having drunk too much wine. You may know I have a bit of what used to be called a chequered personal life past and it's been a bit of a weekend. I will try and write a coherent post tomorrow with what's been going on. It doesn't affect me directly but I'm there for the family.

• Heart

Boredofthegram

VIP Member
So sorry you are having to tolerate PC Prick @DellaC it sounded a lot last night. But agree with everyone else not to rise to his snide remarks and the spa trips sound lovely.

Glad all ok with little Lucy @Lucyxxxx โค

That sounds really stressful @Caledonianprincess yeah Iโ€™d pay the absolute minimum to those useless knobs.

Iโ€™ve had a nice chilled day here. Itโ€™s my bday so Iโ€™ve been spoiled by the little man and big man and had a nice lunch out. Cake later too (my fave coffee and walnut).

• Heart

DellaC

VIP Member
@IdeletedbutI'mbackagain

Having never been in your position I don't know if I have any meaningful words of support but I think you'll probably go through a period of grief, grief for missed opportunities and what could have been. I went through this when I had my son, he was alive but yet I grieved.

Get yourself into a support group, either online or in person and get some counselling. Your head must be splattered but you'll get through it xx

You've got many years of joy and happiness with those 3 girlies, not to mention all the sass and drama in about 10 years ๐Ÿ˜ณ get yourself some help so that you can make peace with this shitty chapter ๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜

• Heart

mrs.darcy

VIP Member
My eldest kids are older than some you, way to make me feel old ๐Ÿ˜ญ

Anyhoo, when they were young they didn't get branded stuff as I couldn't afford it. When they got to an age where they wanted branded clothing I would give them the money the unbranded stuff cost towards them but they had to pay the rest themselves. They all had part-time jobs from about 13 and I don't remember it being an issue before they were teenagers. My youngest (who is a lot younger than the rest) couldn't get a job until she was 16 due to the change in the law but she had the same rule, using birthday money or earning money doing stuff round the house etc.

Sorry for the waffling on.

• Heart

DellaC

VIP Member
The all important question!!! ๐Ÿ˜‹
---
How you doing @DellaC ? Hope you had a nice day with your son ๐Ÿฉท๐Ÿฉท
Am OK love. Oh he was in his element, he went for a ride in his Dad's truck to pick-up the Maccies, ate all that and then we had a kitchen disco and he had a big piece of chocolate cake. Then that was him, he'd had enough people for the day so took himself off to his room to dance along with the Wiggles ๐Ÿ˜‚ He loves his own space.

I tried the crispy Chicken deluxe and it was yum ๐Ÿ˜‹

• Heart

DellaC

VIP Member
Got my daughter and PC Prick her boyfriend coming for a roast dinner tonight.

I have extended the olive branch in the hope that it is accepted. I need to keep a close eye on what this boy is doing and I can't do that if he's banned from our home.

I feel sick in my stomach.

Is it too early for wine? ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

• Heart

DellaC

VIP Member
As if you got so annoyed you just fucked off ๐Ÿคฃ
I've still not gone home ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
I've had my hair done, bought some clothes and had a nice tea out. Now in my room with a bottle of wine, an Easter Egg and Netflix ๐Ÿ™ˆ

They can fuck.right.off! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

• Haha
  • Heart
  • Wow

DellaC

VIP Member
I've said to my fella he needs the snip after this one and he refuses. I refuse to put additional hormones in my body or a coil as the only foreign object I want inside me is him. I don't wanna get my tubes done either. So it's looking like celibacy is on the cards in my near future. ๐Ÿฅ€

• Haha

mrs.darcy

VIP Member
I've been out this evening with the social club bit of u3a and was sat beside a very nice gentleman, there were 4 of us at one end of the table and it was really good conversation, I was also sat next to a lady I've not seen before, she's fairly local to me and on her own like me, we had quite the chat.

Oh and the daughters were calling (I didn't hear the phone) as I wasn't replying to texts, they do amuse me. If I text them it can be hours before I get a reply ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Heart
  • Haha

Peepynose

Lots of good news to catch up on. @raspberryjuice so pleased you have a date to work towards and youโ€™ll be cuddling him before you know it.
Away on a little mini break with my kids and the husband. My little boy was saying his ear was hurting earlier, weโ€™ve got a hot tub so I put it down to water in his ear as heโ€™s been like a fish! We went to get some fish and chips for tea and he vomited in the car and has been asleep on the sofa since half 5. I feel awful I didnโ€™t realise he was poorly and that Iโ€™ve not packed the thermometer to check his temp. Praying heโ€™s going to wake up feeling better in the morning xx

• Heart
  • Sad
No theyโ€™ve never had branded shit so they donโ€™t care ๐Ÿคฃ theyโ€™re not really arsed about that kind of thing either tbh
I hope I can raise mine to be the same!! I tend to go overboard with "the best" for them and worry I am spoiling them tbh. I know it comes from me having fuck all growing up (despite my parents pretending otherwise to outsiders).

• Heart