Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

gigilouxx

VIP Member
I’m in bed crying at nothing. Seen a tiktok that said “our lockdown babies are starting school this year” and it’s upset me. Told my bf I missed lockdown and want to go back with the younger babies. He’s just staring at me like I’ve said I wanna bite a pigeons head off

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 10

mrs.darcy

VIP Member
I've been out today, I do leave the house occasionally 😂 Did my shopping first thing, then drove to Kingston Park and got the metro into Newcastle, first time on the metro and into town since before Covid, met someone I work with for lunch, had a little shop and came home again.

I've really enjoyed the change of scenery.

Hope everyone is having a good day and ready for the weekend.

• Heart

Lucyxxxx

VIP Member
Few pages behind. In 48 hours I'll be en route to my gender scan.

I've got all boys as you all know but this pregnancy I feel different and am defo suffering more and larger.

Like for boy. Heart for girl.

• Heart

Okgolightly

VIP Member
I’ve scalded my forearm- stupidly balanced a cup of tea on the arm of the chair and it predictably fell on me; I did it this morning and it’s still very painful 😥 My dad is also struggling with his mental health and feeling suicidal so I feel on edge whenever I don’t hear from him or the phone rings with an unknown number. My sister lives a few hours away so im all he has and it feels a lot. I keep wanting to cry. Going to use the excuse of Good Friday to have fish and chips for tea I think 🫠

• Sad
  • Heart

odetotheseaweed

VIP Member
I hope so Ode, she's just text to see if we're busy over the weekend, so obviouy I've dropped everything and she's coming to stay with us. PC prick is working, I think she wants some TLC and some good grub.

My sons best mate stayed last night and is staying tonight so it's like an open house 😂😂

How are you doing @odetotheseaweed ?
Ah that sounds lovely, hope your little man and his bestie have had an amazing time ❤ and glad you’re getting your girl back for the weekend too, what do you have planned?

I’m doing ok thank you, still in total disbelief that it worked this time. Got my IVF clinic scan on Monday so hoping they are still growing away in there and then that’s it for the clinic if all is well and we are discharged to the normal NHS antenatal/maternity care.

Cousin is considering the harmony test (is that what it’s called?) because it gives you a more accurate view of all the stuff they test for at 12 weeks, I don’t think it would change anything for them either way but they’d like to be prepared. I’m staying out of it because I really want to do it as you can find out the gender(s) this way 😂

• Heart

gigilouxx

VIP Member
My friends son does the same thing 🤣 he’s non verbal so can’t tell us to piss off yet but when we go round after about 20 mins he just lets off a massive sigh, gets his tablet n gets off upstairs. It makes me piss

• Haha
  • Heart
Okay, I just going to say this out loud here so I don't have to say it to people in my real-world life.

We had just decided to have 4 children before I found the lump. I wanted them to be even too. I wanted baby deleted to have what the older two have. 💔

I thought when I went through all I went through the longing would go away but it hasn't. How the fuck do I deal with that!?? I'm a baby fiend. I just love them. I'd be over to your places "helping out" (getting my newborn baby fix). Anyway, that's life and I know I'm lucky. Just needed to get that off my chest.

I love fancy chocolates so my two eggs are from a local chocolatier.
half filled chocolate egg is with a fluffy raspberry marshmallow and fruity raspberry ganache, contrasted with a layer of crunchy biscuit.
A light chocolate marshmallow, salted caramel and a base made from peanut butter all pair up perfectly inside this half filled milk chocolate egg.

• Heart

DellaC

VIP Member
My husband has had the hiccups for ages. It was really getting on me and my girls nerves, he was at it all through Jonathan Ross. So, I went downstairs and got a pan lid and a wooden spoon, I sneaked and hid by the doorway..... eventually I burst into the living room screaming and banging the lid.

My daughter and husband were both incontinent.

The hiccups persist.

• Haha

mrs.darcy

VIP Member
I hate the clock changes more the older I get, whichever direction it is.

I need to give a bit of context now with the family, I've been married twice, eldest kids are to my first husband and the youngest to my second. Neither of these are the long term partner who buggered off. We never married, which is probably just as well but I was with him longer than my marriages put together.

Youngest daughter's stepmother died in the early hours of Friday morning (lung cancer). Daughter and DIL came down Thursday as stepmother was given 72 hours at that point. They are staying with me but spending a lot of time with her dad, naturally, I'm just providing a place of calm for them. Youngest wasn't particularly close to her stepmother but obviously wants to be there for her dad.

• Heart

gigilouxx

VIP Member
My daughter’s mates here and she looks so confused as to why we, a black Caribbean family, are celebrating St Patrick’s Day. It confuses me too hun it’s fine

• Haha
  • Heart

Lucyxxxx

VIP Member
Thank you, never heard of grey rocking so I'll look into it more.
I definitely riled him but I felt a bit out of my depth and on edge. I really don't want him near my son and its going against the instincts in terms of him and my protection of him, so it's a struggle.

Anyway she's messaged me as usual this morning, which she hadn't done just before we went away and she's text her Dad too. She's finished Uni now and she will finish work soon because she's a waitress and her belly is getting in the way (I know the feeling but its usually my arse 😂 ), I don't want her isolated in that flat once work has finished.

A couple of her best pals are helping, they're worried about her too so are making a point of keeping her busy and in their company.

Anyway thank you all, I won't keep boring you all with it but I was particularly anxious last night. You've all been ace so thank you 😘😘❤❤
---

I've brought my lad to the seaside for some sea air, he's still full of a cold so a walk along the (very windy) prom will do him good. He's fast asleep in the back of the car so might get something booked whilst I'm sat here listening to the gulls squawking and my boy snoring 🙂
I'm going to do a girly overnight one with a few of her friends and one just me and her. She loves a spa date 🙂
As someone who was with an absolute bellend who I have my older kids with I say your doing the right thing. Making him an issue will just drive her to him more. Defo a case of keep your enemies close. My family used to kick off on my ex and my brothers beat him up a few times. Didn't change anything. Seems like he knows your onto him. If she knows she can always come back he can't make her feel trapped and hopeless. ❤

• Heart

odetotheseaweed

VIP Member
Isn't it another check up for you today @odetotheseaweed ? Solo gig or will you take company? Best of luck the babies are both well & thriving.

McDs is RANK.... in that I like them but once you've eaten one you almost regret it & know you'll need a proper feed with 2 hrs.
We have it all within a 10mins walk or drive.
I much prefer a Chinese or Indian takeaway.
Scan at the clinic this morning, cousin came with me, both babies doing well, strong heartbeats ❤ one still slightly smaller than the other but they’re not worried. That’s it now, got my booking appointment late next week and they will book the 12 week scan

• Heart

oldjamfan

VIP Member
Hey Twattlers, I’ve only just realised it’s the Grand National on Saturday. If anyone fancies a flutter I reckon a mare will win for the first time in about 75 years. Limerick Lace at 20/1 and Galia Des Liteaux at 25/1 will be carrying my £5 each way bets. 🤞🏻

• Heart
I have had such a shitty day today. I thought I'd "lost" £85 last week and searched the house for it. Mr Caledonian gave me a row as he thought I'd lost it. Turns out wee Caledonian had stolen it and spent £10 of it and put the rest in the bin for safekeeping not realising it wouldn't be there when he went back to get it. I'm so sorry gutted on many levels. Mr Caledonian phoned the police not out of malice to wee c but to get them to come out and explain to him that stealing is wrong and has consequences as he isn't listening to us a jot. I just didn't ever think he would do this. He had been pinching odd coins which while bad fair enough it's just silver but notes is a whole different ball game. I know with his autism and ADHD it's hard for him but it's not an excuse to steal 😞😞
*1515* he's just came up and gave me a big cuddle and said he is sorry for everything and he will help me do chores and pay back what he took

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart

DellaC

VIP Member
On our way to the airport hotel 😍 won't be sad to leave this shitty weather behind.

Anyway Happy Easter to you all and your families. Hope you have a lovely time, lots of chocolate and lots of laughter ❤❤❤

• Heart