Lizzy Hadfield and Lindsey Holland #3 Boobs, booze and BJs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think we can all agree that getting Arthur was a selfish act completely reliant on the state of her relationship and possibly the isolation that comes from moving away from friends with a boyfriend who works long hours. However, it would have been more selfish to keep a dog (in London) that she obviously was not committed to and therefore would not do a good job of looking after, at least he will have the care and attention he needs and deserves.

Lindsey, I hope when you gets into your next relationship you declines to share your next dog with the internet. We all know that if you do your comment sections will be drowned in hate because there’s nothing and no one people love more than dogs and it will be (kinda) warranted!

Reactions: 7
What's the timeline with Arthur like? Did she get him in December of last year? And she moved to London at the end of May I think, so really she was only in London probably a few weeks before deciding to give him up. Doesn't seem like she really wanted to keep him.

I completely agree with the previous poster that said that if she isn't ready to do the work with Arthur and care for him properly than it is better for her to give him up, but with that being said it doesn't even seem like she was prepared to try and make it work with him which is just incredibly selfish. She shouldn't have got a dog in the first place. I don't understand how a woman in her 30s who was begging to settle down and have children can't even be willing to sacrifice things for a dog. I know a baby isn't the same as dog (before anyone says that) but still it gives you a bloody good idea.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
What's the timeline with Arthur like? Did she get him in December of last year? And she moved to London at the end of May I think, so really she was only in London probably a few weeks before deciding to give him up. Doesn't seem like she really wanted to keep him.

I completely agree with the previous poster that said that if she isn't ready to do the work with Arthur and care for him properly than it is better for her to give him up, but with that being said it doesn't even seem like she was prepared to try and make it work with him which is just incredibly selfish. She shouldn't have got a dog in the first place. I don't understand how a woman in her 30s who was begging to settle down and have children can't even be willing to sacrifice things for a dog. I know a baby isn't the same as dog (before anyone says that) but still it gives you a bloody good idea.
She made me laugh when she mentioned that the dog crave for a family unit. :rolleyes:

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 9
I think it is similar to having a kid because most people who go on and on about wanting kids just envision a cute little baby they can cuddle on, show off and dress up like a doll. They're completely blindsided by all of time, energy and money that goes into having children, and also by the sheer fact that the cute baby doesn't stay a cute baby, will grow up to be its own individual person with complex characteristics. If there is one good thing that her ex did, it's that he didn't marry her and have children with her after all. It's clear that this woman doesn't care about anyone but herself, and appears to be a little mentally stunted (from what I can see anyway). She acts like a spoilt fifteen year old who is used to having things handed to her. So much for being the more relatable and moral one of the duo because she once had a 9-5...

She's been an influencer far longer than she worked as a physio. I feel like she's trying to take advantage of the fact that we're very proud of our health service and that because she was once briefly part of it she's a hardworker who deserves admiration and respect - if she worked in any other sector would she bang on about it so much? I can appreciate there's probably more money to be made as an influencer but squatting down and taking pictures of myself at wierd angles in nearly see-through underwear ooorrrrrrr helping someone get back on their feet after months recovering from major surgery or illness.... Hhmmmm what what give me the most self worth and job satisfaction? Definitely the latter. She is exactly as someone has said before - completely vacuous.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
East London-dweller here. Although homerton is the less bougie side of hackney (compared to say Stoke Newington or London Fields), it's still extreeeemely expensive with plenty of Lizzy-esque gentrified spots (Chatsworth road, two very nice pubs directly opposite each other incl. A vegan pub). So if she has bought in homerton she's not exactly having to slum it to be able to afford a beautiful big home!
I agree. I am also an East London dweller (close to a decade now) and live in Clapton (down the road from Lizzy). Very similar vibe to Homerton, but both neighbourhoods are fast gentrifying, so these stories of crime rates are so outdated (Clapton was termed as 'murder mile' not long ago). I certainly feel safer here than other nice parts of London. It does make me sad that these fashionasta/influencers are flocking here (i assume because it's seen to be edgy and 'cool' – no doubt part of the whole aesthetic they are trying to conjure), as it will speed up the pace of the gentrification. I moved here because i loved the community focus and being away from the Shoreditch scene. But sadly, that is fast changing.

Also, sorry for the multiple post – I am new to this forum and just signed up today, but i couldn't see my initial message was posted and assumed there was an issue with signing up, so I signed up again only to see they have both been posted! Requested for the moderators to delete my other account, but it seems to be still posted.

As an aside, I have a few observation about Lizzy:

I feel Lizzy is becoming increasingly more anxious with time. I understand how the pandemic has exacerbated our anxieties (me included), but to me, her type of anxiety seems to be more of a deep existential type, which is so endemic to those industry girls (I, many moons ago, interned in the fashion industry and soon realised it was much too vapid). I also feel she has a co-dependent relationship with Lindsey – which is also apparent by how they are increasingly morphing into one another, which doesn't bode well for either of them. I can't help but feel that Lizzy will grow bored of her house soon, as it's just another form of distraction, ultimately. Likely her cat too (sadly). I am no wiser, but my life experience has taught me that when I have worked hard for something and i've earned my 'success', i really come to appreciate it. The issue with these influencers is that their work is not spurned from a deep need or purpose – it's handed to them on a plate. Social media, brands, the wider industry and perpetrating this vapid culture, which ultimately is a very empty and unfulfilling way to live. Which is why we see so many of these influencers and celebs suffering from deep mental health issues/crises. I really think we have hit a crisis of values in society.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Tbh I don't necessarily think that working for something equals cherishing the result more. I know many people who worked hard for something that turned into a thing they didn't really want anymore but kept pushing just for the sake of "I've been working for it, can't give up" which sometimes leads to mental issues.

My problem with Lizzy (Lindsey, Anna, Lily etc.) is the lack of personality which together with their social circle makes them appear out of touch/ignorant/dumb. (And maybe they are, as Lindsey showed us yesterday with handling Arthur.) And since their whole career is based on chasing trends, I doubt they will develop any personality any time soon. Besides that, they're not charismatic, witty or even passionate about anything, sooo, it doesn't surprise me that would provoke anxiety -- the industry is constantly changing, people's views of influences too, especially after pandemic, having boobs and thigh gap doesn't seem to cut it anymore.

Also, gonna be an evil rat here, when I watched their stories from the dinner yesterday, I got the impression of mean girls, would not want to hang out with them even if they paid me to. 🙃

• Heart
Reactions: 16

@buffyjayne mentioned thus on Lucy Moon's thread, 27min onwards. Lucy mentioned that Lizzy is chaotic lol

Lucy Moon is the younger version of Anna, so boring and pretentious. Graduated yonks ago but still talked about her experience at SOAS zzzzz

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I also feel that as “influencing” has grown and moved away from “the friend next door suggesting products” to a “buy this buy this” cycle, the essence has been lost. Very few influencers I’ve seen have grown past buy this buy this. They offer nothing. No expertise, no experience, very little knowledge (beyond what the brief says to say). When Lizzy says she’s found the perfect short black coat, 1) what does that even mean, 2) WHY is it perfect and 3) WHAT makes it different to the 10s of others she already as (aside from it being expensive and free)? The industry is so saturated now and if there’s nothing that sets you apart from your peers, what’s the point? I assume they all hang on because I probably also wouldn’t go back to working 9-5 if I could laze around all day, making money on links that required an hour at most of work once and getting all of the stuff that I have to budget for or really question if I need it for free 🤷🏻‍♀️

I just want to know if they feel any guilt at all for working within an industry that is a huge contributor to the climate emergency, continued reliance on capitalism and overconsumption and messing with people’s mental health. I’m guessing no because they’re all narcissists.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Tbh I don't necessarily think that working for something equals cherishing the result more. I know many people who worked hard for something that turned into a thing they didn't really want anymore but kept pushing just for the sake of "I've been working for it, can't give up" which sometimes leads to mental issues.

My problem with Lizzy (Lindsey, Anna, Lily etc.) is the lack of personality which together with their social circle makes them appear out of touch/ignorant/dumb. (And maybe they are, as Lindsey showed us yesterday with handling Arthur.) And since their whole career is based on chasing trends, I doubt they will develop any personality any time soon. Besides that, they're not charismatic, witty or even passionate about anything, sooo, it doesn't surprise me that would provoke anxiety -- the industry is constantly changing, people's views of influences too, especially after pandemic, having boobs and thigh gap doesn't seem to cut it anymore.

Also, gonna be an evil rat here, when I watched their stories from the dinner yesterday, I got the impression of mean girls, would not want to hang out with them even if they paid me to. 🙃
I agree with you – let me rephrase what i was trying to say. Having been part of the rat race/constant grind/trying to make my career work at the expense of my happiness cycle, i can honestly look back at that decade of my life and now recognise that 1) I was quite lost and 2) the career path i was on was not a good fit in terms of who i am and my larger values in life. After much soul searching, I am on another career trajectory now, I work harder than i ever have, but at the end of the day i feel deeply rewarded. I think it's much to do about finding that connection – outside of social conditioning and so forth. And i don't sense that Lizzy has found that connection. I find the entire influencer circle look the same, sound the same, brand endorse the same brands and so forth – which epitomises how homogeneous culture has become.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Is Lizzy that hopeless that she couldn’t even cook for her own guests at her own bloody housewarming dinner party LMAO
7F2BBF6E-76EE-43A8-B750-68B79462256F.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
I agree with everything that's been said. The thing that baffles me though is that so many people don't see these things you have all mentioned and still support and follow and comment and buy through aff links. There is clearly an audience for what they are doing and I have no idea how! How long it will last is another question.

I personally don't follow any influencers, I'm not contributing to their follower count and likes and my feed is much more interesting now, and much less time spent comparing myself.

I agree with everything that's been said. The thing that baffles me though is that so many people don't see these things you have all mentioned and still support and follow and comment and buy through aff links. There is clearly an audience for what they are doing and I have no idea how! How long it will last is another question.

I personally don't follow any influencers, I'm not contributing to their follower count and likes and my feed is much more interesting now, and much less time spent comparing myself.
Exactly. Having previously worked in marketing, i would say this – where there is an audience, there is a demand. The marketers cater to what they see as consumer trends. If the audience disappeared/caused a backlash/rioted etc – then the marketing strategy of these brands would adapt. I think people are slowly waking up to this fact and are getting sick and tired of the whole thing; it's entirely inauthentic.

Reactions: 8
Is Lizzy that hopeless that she couldn’t even cook for her own guests at her own bloody housewarming dinner party LMAOView attachment 709778
Uhhhhh yeah if I go to a "dinner party" and am served quinoa with a poached egg (and various other white blobs), safe to say I'm going to think hard about any future invitations.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19

I sometimes feel like entering a different dimension when reading comments under their videos, lol. There was a woman applauding Lizzy for inspiring teenagers to buy their own property on their own, completely oblivious that she did not purchase it with money she earned herself.

Praising Lizzy for working hard is like glorifying Kim Kardashian for setting realistic body standards.

Then again, those people go "you slay queen, always being yourself" kind of bonkers when seeing Lizzy now wearing bra, like????

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Exactly. Having previously worked in marketing, i would say this – where there is an audience, there is a demand. The marketers cater to what they see as consumer trends. If the audience disappeared/caused a backlash/rioted etc – then the marketing strategy of these brands would adapt. I think people are slowly waking up to this fact and are getting sick and tired of the whole thing; it's entirely inauthentic.
I just think about when they’re no longer considered cool or “influential”, or brands notice their follow count and interactions going down, or Instagram isn’t the most popular platform anymore, the gifting stops, so does the paid content and promo, and you’re forgotten, left with a mortgage to pay on house worth over £1 million and a massive ego… is that when mummy comes in to pay your bills? Or is that when you move back up north to a proper job? It’s all so shallow and temporary! Your whole sense of self and career defined by how many people like an edited photo of your nipples poking through your ridiculously expensive tank top. How can they not worry about their futures when they get wrinkled, puffier faces, lose touch with trends? what happened to hard work?

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.