Lizzy and Lindsey #10 Single White Female... Oh Come ON, Embarrassing!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just checked out the stories.. kinda weird how everyone seems to have the US paperback at a UK book club.. at least 3 or 4 ppl posting the same cover that is certainly not the one in UK bookshops. we await Jess Harris's verdict
buying the US edition because the UK one has a less "aesthetic" cover (debatable in most cases anyway) is an annoying trend I've noticed among people who basically only buy books to post them on Insta and Tiktok

Reactions: 4
buying the US edition because the UK one has a less "aesthetic" cover (debatable in most cases anyway) is an annoying trend I've noticed among people who basically only buy books to post them on Insta and Tiktok
So are they buying them from Amazon.com and having them shipped to the UK?!?

Well at least once person checked the book out from the public library 🫠

Reactions: 3
So Linda gets invited to a finisterre opening even though she has literally never surfed in the UK before… cool.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
lol just went to Buffy's insta page to see if there was any evidence of an event occuring and the photos are so non-descript and show no evidence of anyone actually being there LOL! How weird/ embarrassing.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
lol just went to Buffy's insta page to see if there was any evidence of an event occuring and the photos are so non-descript and show no evidence of anyone actually being there LOL! How weird/ embarrassing.
imagine paying actual money to breathe the same air as east londons most try hard hipster say so so good for 2 hours 💀 i would want to remain anonymous also

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Yeah where is everyone?

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I found one “ non influencer “ and a couple of the usual suspects.
I’m still laughing at Linda’s post of the book with all the post it notes sticking out of it !
I’m presuming it’s the lead grifters tbh !

• Haha
Reactions: 6
The level of underwhelm - how many followers has she got, and she's focusing on a crap book club that she doesn't even want to host and isn't even making money out of?! That trust fund just keeps on a-bankrolling... I feel sorry for her really. She's so clueless and lost. Money solves nothing at all.

Reactions: 3
I tried looking for any posts about the book club from anyone, but couldn't find tit. Shouldn't Lizzy be trying to get folks to tag it to oblivion to get some traction going? What kind of marketing is this? Could she care less about her business?

I tried looking for any posts about the book club from anyone, but couldn't find tit. Shouldn't Lizzy be trying to get folks to tag it to oblivion to get some traction going? What kind of marketing is this? Could she care less about her business?
Wow, good point. As this will be an ongoing book club, perhaps more will materialise. I’m not holding my breath by any means but I always like to give benefit of the doubt initially at least.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
so lizzys day consists of:

1. getting a coffee
2. going to a shop to try on clothes
3. goes home to try on clothes
4. goes to a bookshop
5. gets another coffee
6. goes to a museum
7. gets lunch
8. goes to a cafe? (beer?)
9. goes home

if this is her daily life... she lacks so much purpose

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I reckon the book club thing is a way for her to keep her US visa and that's why she's doing it there and London. So she probably doesn't care about making money from it. She just needs to prove she's an entrepreneur or whatever she has to be for that visa.

• Sick
Reactions: 5
so lizzys day consists of:

1. getting a coffee
2. going to a shop to try on clothes
3. goes home to try on clothes
4. goes to a bookshop
5. gets another coffee
6. goes to a museum
7. gets lunch
8. goes to a cafe? (beer?)
9. goes home

if this is her daily life... she lacks so much purpose
Wow imagine being basically a retiree from the ripe age of 20’s
Everyday is a constant holiday.
They really do not appreciate how lucky they are.
To be able to coast, with no money worry and not give a duck about the world basically.
So self absorbed!

her over consumption and gifting actually makes me sick and surprised institutions and brands still support this.

I guess cheap marketing for them.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
tbh I have done it myself not for the aesthetic though but because i genuinely loved the US cover but i actually do read the books

in this instance my suspicion is that one person - probably Lizzy bought the US one and the rest used it in their pics hoping nobody would be enough of a reader to notice

Wow imagine being basically a retiree from the ripe age of 20’s
Everyday is a constant holiday.
They really do not appreciate how lucky they are.
To be able to coast, with no money worry and not give a duck about the world basically.
Trust fund kids will never know what an incredible gift it is to only work when they want to. It sucks so much out of your life - not just the obvious hours every day, but the mental strain and energy. I just had to resign from my job because it was making me physically / mentally ill, but I only have enough savings for 3 months off and the thought of going back to work is already stressing me out. Love capitalism, great system, 10/10 no notes.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
I wonder if people will pay to attend a Buffy's event if they've already read the book. Like, Pachinko as the next book? It's like 8 years old. At least Linda doesn't have to read it this time. She can just watch the show on Apple+ (it's subtitled tho so probably a little too advanced for her).

• Haha
Reactions: 9