Liz Jones - You Magazine Columnist

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Indeed Mediastar.. I must search out the earlier interview.. sure it was a Guardian piece.The interviewer also questioned her descriptions of distaste towards men. She was known to pour over pics of naked female models intensely whilst at Marie Claire.This could be because of her anorexia of course..I don’t supposed she’d even be closeted, just some sort of repression?

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Indeed Mediastar.. I must search out the earlier interview.. sure it was a Guardian piece.The interviewer also questioned her descriptions of distaste towards men. She was known to pour over pics of naked female models intensely whilst at Marie Claire.This could be because of her anorexia of course..I don’t supposed she’d even be closeted, just some sort of repression?
I genuinely think she's broadly asexual, her emotional age is about twelve and her weird obsession with being "hairless" harks back to a wish to remain pre-pubescent for ever. She has never expressed an actual positive emotion towards any man ever. She proclaims to "fancy" men and then despises them. Chance meetings forty yeas ago are various "loves of her life". I cannot recall her ever writing a single sentence either expressing love for a man as a person or for any of their attributes (the baker is a quite talented artist... she has never mentioned this ever She claims to love animals but merely collects them for others to care for.
There is a phase that many girls go through when their first real crush is on a 'pop star' who would be considered broadly androgynous (Marc Bolan, say, or early Bowie) then grow through it. Jones is trapped for ever as a Jackie reader who once glimpsed a copy of Just Seventeen, was absolutely horrified and was determined nothing would change.

Reactions: 19
She appalled me when she gave her elderly cats away to David after using them as column fodder for years.. they all died in quick succession. Even worse.. the one she kept was enviscerated by a collie. Horrific pet owner.
All this talk about the awful bits of men and their dirtiness etc.. I often wondered whether she was a Lesbian in denial? There was an interview years ago which discussed this?
She also left her dogs in a parked car on a hot day because she wanted to go to the spa but it was okay because she had the window open a crack.

Demented and cruel aren't strong enough words for this raging hypocrite.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 13
I genuinely think she's broadly asexual, her emotional age is about twelve and her weird obsession with being "hairless" harks back to a wish to remain pre-pubescent for ever. She has never expressed an actual positive emotion towards any man ever. She proclaims to "fancy" men and then despises them. Chance meetings forty yeas ago are various "loves of her life". I cannot recall her ever writing a single sentence either expressing love for a man as a person or for any of their attributes (the baker is a quite talented artist... she has never mentioned this ever She claims to love animals but merely collects them for others to care for.
There is a phase that many girls go through when their first real crush is on a 'pop star' who would be considered broadly androgynous (Marc Bolan, say, or early Bowie) then grow through it. Jones is trapped for ever as a Jackie reader who once glimpsed a copy of Just Seventeen, was absolutely horrified and was determined nothing would change.
I agree with this. I read Liz’s autobiography a couple of years ago, and she describes being sexually assaulted by another child whilst at primary school. Sounds terrifying and painful experience. She takes care to point out that she was ‘hairless’ (didn’t need to say that as she was a child, so of course she would have been). This must surely have affected her more deeply than she let on, and she perhaps feels that a man would only be interested in her when she’s fully waxed. She says in the book that she never told anyone about the assault, not even her mum. But she does recognise that it triggered a fear of men (understandably), and perhaps explains why she gets stuck on the fantasy stage of a relationship, but dislikes intimacy and is quick to find faults in any prospective partner.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
lisa simpson.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
I agree with this. I read Liz’s autobiography a couple of years ago, and she describes being sexually assaulted by another child whilst at primary school. Sounds terrifying and painful experience. She takes care to point out that she was ‘hairless’ (didn’t need to say that as she was a child, so of course she would have been). This must surely have affected her more deeply than she let on, and she perhaps feels that a man would only be interested in her when she’s fully waxed. She says in the book that she never told anyone about the assault, not even her mum. But she does recognise that it triggered a fear of men (understandably), and perhaps explains why she gets stuck on the fantasy stage of a relationship, but dislikes intimacy and is quick to find faults in any prospective partner.
You may be right. I have to confess that I thought there was more than a whiff of a certain chinny football pundit when she wheeled that story out (it was in the Dreary, too) but it may be true. The problem is that she tells so many whoppers, it can be difficult to spot the possible glint of a needle of truth in the haystack of utter bollocks.
On another note, she is at great pains to point out that she considers herself to be the World's Greatest Lover and completely fails to correlate this with the fact that every single one of the 3 ½ men she claims to have done "all the sex" with have cheated on her... and even the elderly baker turned down the chance of a free, three-day shagathon in favour of spending some time with some people he actually likes.
No, I think it is as a majority of us suspect: She lives in a weird, two-dimensional world with no colour, no depth, no passion. She is enabled by a tiny clique of fellow narcs and/or those out for the very modest crumbs off her rickety table. One thing is certain, however: she will never shoulder responsibility for her own failings, be they fiscal, emotional, career or whatever, because whenever it hits the fan, it's always somebody else's fault.

This is so sad.

If only she got real help for the right reasons for her issues. Instead, everything she does is for her column including at one point therapy. Getting that job with the Fail was probably one of the worst things that could have happened for someone like her as it will just fuel their negative traits rather than encourage them to seek help like almost any other job would.

Reactions: 3
yeah she never seems to actually enjoy any of her relationships, it is all about her just looking perfect and hairless or whatever. It is very typical of (usually much younger people I have known) with anorexia tbh. Sad that she has never really recovered tbh

Yes it is sad Emm but my sympathy goes mostly to the piles of bodies she’s left strewn behind her..her estranged family, the friends she’s berated in her column, all the service folk she’s shouted out and complained about? Regarding her ‘Love’ relationships she does the Narc sequence of Idealise, Denigrate then Discard with each of them! She’s speeded that sequence up of late.. remember P?? His gifts didn’t pass muster, nor did the ageing Rock Stars shoes..? All without taking a shred of responsibility. I don’t think true self reflection is one thing she’s capable of. Like all Narcs people are mere props to her. So no recovery is possible IMO..

Reactions: 12
yeah she never seems to actually enjoy any of her relationships, it is all about her just looking perfect and hairless or whatever. It is very typical of (usually much younger people I have known) with anorexia tbh. Sad that she has never really recovered tbh
I don't think she was ever actually diagnosed with anorexia. I recall some twaddle she wrote about being weighed and hiding bottles of water in her overcoat to give a false reading which exposed the whole thing as a sham (astonishingly, trained staff rarely weigh anorexia sufferers in big coats) so I have always taken her self-diagnosis with a shovel of salt. It's merely a device to make her appear interesting... along with her veganism (bwahaha), her drinking too much/not drinking at all, her "brain scans", her endless ligging for freebies for Bebb to sell on Ebay...
She's a completely standard size, around a 12 but with a bit of extra lumber here and there. Wholly average with the exception of her hallowe'en wig and prison tattoo make-up.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
don't think she was ever actually diagnosed with anorexia. I recall some twaddle she wrote about being weighed and hiding bottles of water in her overcoat to give a false reading which exposed the whole thing as a sham
I agree completely. She claims she had it from eleven years of age but there are pics of her looking completely normal sized(even a bit chubby) as a teenager? She talks about not having a period etc but it was possibly some hormone imbalance/ poly cystic ovary syndrome rather than anorexia? That may explain the ‘sprouting hair’ and chronic acne too. She’s a master at re-invention, of the past and her status in the world in general. She only has 4000 followers and thought she could hold a one woman show throughout the country?!I think Nic must feed the delusion somewhat and I find that sinister. A good friend or close workmate would walk away rather than abetting a Narcissist.

Reactions: 8
I don't think she was ever actually diagnosed with anorexia. I recall some twaddle she wrote about being weighed and hiding bottles of water in her overcoat to give a false reading which exposed the whole thing as a sham (astonishingly, trained staff rarely weigh anorexia sufferers in big coats) so I have always taken her self-diagnosis with a shovel of salt. It's merely a device to make her appear interesting... along with her veganism (bwahaha), her drinking too much/not drinking at all, her "brain scans", her endless ligging for freebies for Bebb to sell on Ebay...
She's a completely standard size, around a 12 but with a bit of extra lumber here and there. Wholly average with the exception of her hallowe'en wig and prison tattoo make-up.
I dind't know that she had never been diagnosed but she does kind of "look" anorexic, and I don;t mean in terms of weight, a lot of/most people who have been severely anorexic and never really recoevered have a certain look in their face if that makes sense? I don't know if any of you follow vegan holly but her and her sister were both anorexic, Holly has never really recovered and you can see how different her face is from her sister. Obviously just my opinion!

Reactions: 3
Don’t forget her bosoms; she always uses violent words like ‘cut off’ or ‘excised’ about her ‘pendulous breasts’, ugh. Oddly, the one thing that she boasts about is the fact that she is enviably tall - to me anyway, I’m a short arse.

Reactions: 5
Don’t forget her bosoms; she always uses violent words like ‘cut off’ or ‘excised’ about her ‘pendulous breasts’, ugh. Oddly, the one thing that she boasts about is the fact that she is enviably tall - to me anyway, I’m a short arse.
I have seen her in RL, she didn’t strike me as tall??!!

• Wow
  • Haha
Met her in real life too.
this was about 20yrs ago and she had the lollipop look about her.

• Haha
  • Sad
Met her in real life too.
this was about 20yrs ago and she had the lollipop look about her.
Would this be around the time she was being binned by MC? There were a number of reasons she might have shed a few pounds back in those days, to be honest...

Reactions: 1
Would this be around the time she was being binned by MC? There were a number of reasons she might have shed a few pounds back in those days, to be honest...
Correct! At the Fat Forum instigated by the Gov. she’d just published the MC weight issue.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.