Liz Jones - You Magazine Columnist

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Knowing Liz’s previous and entirely predictable track record about banging on about men that she’s got any kind of history with (no matter how trivial and tenuous) I am utterly amazed this poor bloke has never been alluded to previously.
Somehow, I doubt that this will be the one and only time we’ll hear about him via The Diary either.
I’ll open a book on odds that Nic and Liz start to stalk him via the internet, find out if he’s single etc etc
Blimey…I was 💯 %!
Not exactly psychic powers though. Liz is so boringly predictable. Anyway, I thought she was obsessed with David Scrace eons ago, not this new bloke who’s never been mentioned before.

Reactions: 8
The Week in Jones (podcast recap). Cut cuz it's long!

Liz is again bragging about getting "backlash" for identifying Russell publicly. She says it's normal to Google someone you're looking for - yes, it is, but Liz signed up to multiple subscription websites. She repeats her claim that he was a "film star" and it's all OK because she "actually knows" him. You knew him over 40 years ago! Liz claims she only used the term "buttery soft leather" once, in 1997. And that she hasn't bought a new bag since the 1990s (her current bag is a decades-old freebie) so it's not fair to question her veganism. Liz and Nic whine "why don't you attack hunters or the fur industry instead of Liz?" Nic references having been stalked twice including by the neighbour in Yorkshire which was rumoured to be because Liz was trying to get Nic to charm him into selling his land.

Liz wrote a "huge", "probably award-winning" piece in the Mail about "her love affair with Gucci" to capitalise on the release of House of Gucci. She makes fun of Nic wearing "cheap sequins." Liz equates herself with Carrie Bradshaw and says that mothers are "drudges" who feel threatened by women without children. She witters endlessly about her Sex and the City obsession. Liz's archive column is about SATC, which she published in the Telegraph in 1998. The column is all about how she "dated models" and she again preens about Russell the "film star."

This week's column: Liz talks about catching up with an old colleague, which is basically just an excuse for Liz to name-drop. She says that when she first knew David she lied to him about working on Harper's & Queen, and then got caught out when he went to their office looking for her. She is incapable of telling a man the truth. She boasts about getting so many freebies over the years, and getting to know George Michael. He told her that people kept expecting him to pay for everything and Liz swoons, JUST like her!!!111 Liz talks about how much she's given people over the years and how much they expect etc. etc. She says she once gave her PA a Louis Vuitton suitcase, and the PA is now no longer in touch with her. Is this person supposed to be at your mercy forever because you gave them a present once? She also thinks that if she gives someone a present, they should not object if she decides to "mention their name in a piece of copy."

Liz again gets in more jibes about how she hates other women, especially those with children. She repeats the word "chippy" ad nauseam. And again whines that if Decca Aitkenhead is lauded for writing about her breast cancer and the death of her husband, it's not fair to criticise Liz's writing. Isobel is back in favour because she brought Liz a vegan restaurant meal when Liz was tired after taking care of the horses. Remember Liz's planned booty call last week? She refers to it, but doesn't go into detail - she's gonna drag this one out for as long as she can! We finish with some "reader feedback" begging her to contact Nigel. Probably all written and posted to her by Nic ...

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 10
Bloody hellfire, tomorrow's Drear is an absolute hoot! The George Michael/dinner story is such a transparent lie (literally everyone would have been buying him dinner on expenses) and the fact that her "dinner with a friend" ended before 21.00 gives you some idea of the depth of their friendship! Oh, and when she actually used the phrase "all the sex" I nearly pissed myself!.
I dare say we can look forward to her giving Scrace another drubbing next week for not appreciating her thong.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I should like to point out (as I know she's reading this) that if Jones is so very keen on writing the unvarnished truth about her life (quiet at the back there), then she should have the guts to let the comments on the Dreary be unmoderated. I dare her.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
If Jizzy is reading here, I'd like to say duck off you decrepit old bleep.

I have never seen anyone so bitter and angry about what other women have, whether it is children, a husband or a pleasant personality and friends. It really says a lot about a person when you have to buy them presents to get them in the same room as you :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 21
well I didn't bother reading last weeks drivel, but read it today..erm don't have a clue what she's going on about, did she have sex with David again, or is she rambling on about someone else, who knows, but apparently the sex was not good, a bit like her diary, when is this nonsense getting shelved, it's just totally pointless

• Haha
Reactions: 13
well I didn't bother reading last weeks drivel, but read it today..erm don't have a clue what she's going on about, did she have sex with David again, or is she rambling on about someone else, who knows, but apparently the sex was not good, a bit like her diary, when is this nonsense getting shelved, it's just totally pointless
I'm as bewildered as you as to who she had sex with, and I read last week's drivel.

• Haha
I think it was David. She makes him sound like Steptoe. Why would you want to have sex with him?

• Haha
Reactions: 11
well I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't know who she is referring to, I assumed because I didn't read last weeks dreary that I had missed an important piece of information, but nope, just her usual incomprehensible shite

Reactions: 8
I read it every week purely so I can come here (and previously DS) afterwards and gleefully witch, but what the actual duck is she on about this week? The whole "no/what ho/cloth eared bint" sounds suspiciously lifted from Fawlty Towers too. Glad it's not just me that's confused!

Reactions: 9
It was Scrace, they're all they've got. Sad really.
Check out Jonesey's Twatter feed instead... it's an absolute hoot! She keeps threatening to sue people who call her a liar and is then confronted with her own words, proving she's a liar.
I simply roared!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
It was Scrace, they're all they've got. Sad really.
Check out Jonesey's Twatter feed instead... it's an absolute hoot! She keeps threatening to sue people who call her a liar and is then confronted with her own words, proving she's a liar.
I simply roared!
Which post is this on her Twitter please? Thank you.

Reactions: 5
As surely night follows day, Nigel’s in the comments.
I actually believe this isn’t a deluded admirer in all honesty - just a very good pee take!

Reactions: 7
Well, tomorrow's Dreary takes 'batshit' to a whole new level! Poor Russell is now a Movie Star and despite Jones "deep searching", she cannot find any further information on him (unlike a normal person who can find his name, address, current occupation, partner's name and occupation in under 5 mins). Russell the tour guide has made a fatal error, however, in having engaged with Jonesey (sending her some old pics) so will be bombarded until he (too) gets a restraining order.
Mystery shag *was* Dscrace (surprise!) and she was so good at it that he has turned down a three day NYE freebie to have another go, preferring to see some actual friends.
Jonesey's piss is well and truly boiled by this betrayal... does he not realize that she is the epitome of the hot sex action? So what if neither of them had a good time, eh? How dare he turn down the chance to worship her moth-ridden, hairless crevice!
This will run for weeks, be warned!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 17
Right am definitely skipping tomorrow's horror, I do not need that im my life. Thank you @Mediastar for your bravery in plumbing the depths of old haggard's terrifying imagination. I can now have a peaceful Sunday devoid of poison and bile.

Reactions: 6
Surely Russell the Tour Guide must have friends who’ve seen the Dreary? Has no one warned him?
what about his partner?
RUSSELL do not engage!

• Haha
Is anyone able to decipher this week's dreary? I can't work out who she shagged, who the famous person is, who she wants to see over Christmas?

All I know is that she offered to pay for someone to stay in the cottage which she will no doubt moan about in a later dream that she has to pay for everything.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.