Liz Jones - You Magazine Columnist

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Empathy my fat arse: this is an ad for her crappy book.
I hope it fails miserably.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Yes that is just a ad for her book about a fat woman (who she must hate as she hates anyone over a size 10) but she is try to be all empathetic by wearing a fat suit, I mean she needs to sell the book to buy the new flat I guess, but who the duck is going to buy it.

• Angry
Reactions: 12
The saddest line in the article was: "no one wants me"

I have the feeling that this is the truest sentence she ever wrote, this is her ultimate truth / belief.

Reactions: 15
What an absolutely vile pile of shite.

She really is the most revolting person.

Reactions: 11
I have a confession I used to read her column every Sunday for years but since the paper went online I don’t bother buying it or reading it. God knows why I read it as has been said it was the same old rubbish every week, drama with men, animals, family, all the palaver of leg shaving, designer dress wearing for her latest bloke.
Anyway this recent article really started half way through with one line about becoming empathetic since she’s worn the fat suit. Do I believe her? No. She is one shallow lady another who always blames other people.
Nice dress by the way Liz, was it Peacocks?

• Haha
Reactions: 13
She's really trying to flog that crap book, which btw contains a number of offensive parts and should not have been published...can't wait til someone notices the line about being scared of being mugged by a black man..wtaf??? I haven't read the book, but I read that from someone who has read it and was appalled.

As for today's drivel, firstly she took it to extremes,many people have serious edema in their legs which is not necessarily caused by obesity, and some people who are overweight or obese but have normal(ish) sized legs, arms breasts, but she looked ridiculous with the over bloated body and the skinny face and she really has no insight into anything, yet again her main concern was that she wouldn't be able to buy designer clothes at that size. People often gain weight for a number of reasons not related to greed or lack of willpower and to suggest that everyone who is overweight is a shameful, amorphous blob, who nobody likes or cares about is just stupid

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I have a confession I used to read her column every Sunday for years but since the paper went online I don’t bother buying it or reading it. God knows why I read it as has been said it was the same old rubbish every week, drama with men, animals, family, all the palaver of leg shaving, designer dress wearing for her latest bloke.
Anyway this recent article really started half way through with one line about becoming empathetic since she’s worn the fat suit. Do I believe her? No. She is one shallow lady another who always blames other people.
Nice dress by the way Liz, was it Peacocks?
so did I when I lived with my parents as my mum bought it, I would never buyy the mail myself, once I started to read the book she wrote of a collection of her columns... I got about 2 pages in and gave up, all together was even worse and unmanageable!

Reactions: 10
She's really trying to flog that crap book, which btw contains a number of offensive parts and should not have been published...can't wait til someone notices the line about being scared of being mugged by a black man..wtaf??? I haven't read the book, but I read that from someone who has read it and was appalled.

As for today's drivel, firstly she took it to extremes,many people have serious edema in their legs which is not necessarily caused by obesity, and some people who are overweight or obese but have normal(ish) sized legs, arms breasts, but she looked ridiculous with the over bloated body and the skinny face and she really has no insight into anything, yet again her main concern was that she wouldn't be able to buy designer clothes at that size. People often gain weight for a number of reasons not related to greed or lack of willpower and to suggest that everyone who is overweight is a shameful, amorphous blob, who nobody likes or cares about is just stupid
Plenty of overweight / obese people have friends, relationships, and others who care about them. And while being overweight isn't healthy, neither is the other extreme. Her book is about a woman who goes from being morbidly obese, i.e., BMI of 40+ and in medical danger, to 8 and a half stone (Liz's idea of the perfect weight) which for most women, unless they're shorter than average, will be at the lower end of a healthy weight or even underweight - bad for fertility and bone density. Not to mention that it's going to be difficult for a morbidly obese person to reach and maintain that weight. That's before we get to the racism and other offensive remarks (about Down's syndrome and other things) in her "novel"

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 13
I think she went for something cartoonish looking on purpose. I also suspect she told as many people as possible that she was really thin but had to do that for work. A more interesting take would have been to pad her out all over to about a size 18 or 20, a size a lot of us are. Then she might have gotten an insight into what it's like to feel invisable and judged at the same time. But I don't think Liz would have been able to cope with that. People might not have realised she is super skinny and wearing a fat suit! They might have thought she was actually just that size, like so many people and there is no way she could have lived with it. So no, make her look like a female Nutty Professor instead. That'll teach her empathy....

Reactions: 14
B
I think she went for something cartoonish looking on purpose. I also suspect she told as many people as possible that she was really thin but had to do that for work. A more interesting take would have been to pad her out all over to about a size 18 or 20, a size a lot of us are. Then she might have gotten an insight into what it's like to feel invisable and judged at the same time. But I don't think Liz would have been able to cope with that. People might not have realised she is super skinny and wearing a fat suit! They might have thought she was actually just that size, like so many people and there is no way she could have lived with it. So no, make her look like a female Nutty Professor instead. That'll teach her empathy....
There's no way she's super skinny, much as she'd like us all to believe. Slim yes, super skinny, no way.

I’ve just had a look at Twitter and this stunt is being denigrated in a lot of places there.

Reactions: 6
I’ve just had a look at Twitter and this stunt is being denigrated in a lot of places there.
Hopefully the scales from her eyes will fall quite soon and she'll realise that she is just a laughing stock, dont hold out much hope for that as she is a trully deluded narcissist, but at some point may look around for someone else to blame and realise that there is nobody else there..just her, on her own. with nothing but a few designer trinkets

Reactions: 7
Hopefully the scales from her eyes will fall quite soon and she'll realise that she is just a laughing stock, dont hold out much hope for that as she is a trully deluded narcissist, but at some point may look around for someone else to blame and realise that there is nobody else there..just her, on her own. with nothing but a few designer trinkets
Hopefully, the people I saw decrying this were female food writers and some of their followers.

Reactions: 1
oh my god..she's even managed to turn a trip to the hospital into a moanfest..staff are wearing masks, obviously, she claims they are "mumbling" but I'm deaf, amateur dramatics, if she was actually deaf you can let the hospital know and they can provide other means of communication and she's got bloody Nic with her, who surprisingly she can hear..Hmmm?? Even managed to throw in a name drop when being asked a serious health question about potential covid infection, "have you lost your sense of taste (and of course they ask about sense of smell as well, but that didn't fit in with her "hilarious" joke so she didn't mention it) to reply "I'm only wearing wellies and a barbour jacket as I live in the countryside" she didn't think the nurse laughed, I'm not surprised, it wasn't in the least bit funny.

Then came another boring moanfest about having fibroids removed, but that was just mainly a diatribe about her ex husband.

Reactions: 8
I can't believe she gets paid to churn out this rubbish on a weekly basis; I could do better FGS!!!

She’s had a CT scan, which is minutes long on the head. But it doesn’t sound as dramatic as a “brain scan” does it. The ENT team will be looking to see how the Eustachian tubes are functioning, and what’s going on in her ears.

And we already know the conclusion (that she was diagnosed with Ménière's Disease, which she has mentioned every week) yet she drags it out like it's a mystery

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.