Liz Jones - You Magazine Columnist

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Cringe. Stood her up so she starts up with the ‘does he deserve me’ schtick. Oh Liz, I think we all saw this one coming 😬

Eventually found this week's by googling Liz Jones You Magazine and going to archive. So he's told her he doesn't think it'll work, and like a bitter teenager, she has gone into a 'I never really liked him anyway' diatribe. How predictable.
Ha jinx

• Haha
Reactions: 4
"Lovely cottage" = full of dog tit, piss, and furniture they've chewed
"Animals" = untrained, incontinent, menace joggers and cyclists, mauled one of your cats and killed another
"Interesting job" = trying to generate more and more clickbait so she can hang on to the Mail job
"Rearranged face" = there are women of her age that look better and haven't had half as much work done as she has
"Hairless body" = you're at the age where if a man is dating you, it's because he wants a mature woman and not someone trying to look pre-pubescent

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
"Lovely cottage" = full of dog tit, piss, and furniture they've chewed
"Animals" = untrained, incontinent, menace joggers and cyclists, mauled one of your cats and killed another
"Interesting job" = trying to generate more and more clickbait so she can hang on to the Mail job
"Rearranged face" = there are women of her age that look better and haven't had half as much work done as she has
"Hairless body" = you're at the age where if a man is dating you, it's because he wants a mature woman and not someone trying to look pre-pubescent
Ha god she’s been flogging this description of herself for so long… but it doesn’t appear to really pay dividends 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 6
God, that's a few months of column fodder there. On off, on off and now bringing David back into it.

RUN DAVID, RUN.

No comments up on this week’s offering, including mine.
I am utterly perplexed that last week (date with Cambridge man part one) the cliffhanger consisted off her receiving a message from
CM, telling her that he was In Romilly Street (a 5 minute walk from Soho House)
This week, part 2 he’s blown her off - if, he was literally around the corner, imminent arrival, why would he do that?

Reactions: 8
There is so little engagement on any social media. I kinda feel sorry for her and that Box woman

Box? Big.

Ffs. Nic woman.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
There is so little engagement on any social media. I kinda feel sorry for her and that Box woman

Box? Big.

Ffs. Nic woman.
The twitter response is unbelievable given her position and longevity with the mail. They must keep her on because of the amount of comments and readers of her actual column.
Personally it was the first thing I read every Sunday morning (in my wilderness years, after I'd forsaken god).
latterly I have been less excited to read about her antics and her hilarious antidotes 🙄 and often prefer to read others' recaps than bother with her repetitive whingeing. Her treatment of David and the reports of him crying in public kind of killed it for me but I still have an interest out of habit I think.
I'm sure there's many people like me who used to enjoy her writing for the 'what will she do next' element but are now reading it because they've invested so much time (& roller-coaster emotions) already.
She's a horrible horrible person. She has zero insight and has never done a thing to improve as a person. No growth. Everything is superficial and bitter.
I still want to know who the so called rocks star is though

Reactions: 11
No comments up on this week’s offering, including mine.
I am utterly perplexed that last week (date with Cambridge man part one) the cliffhanger consisted off her receiving a message from
CM, telling her that he was In Romilly Street (a 5 minute walk from Soho House)
This week, part 2 he’s blown her off - if, he was literally around the corner, imminent arrival, why would he do that?
can't remember if the text said he was in Romilly street or whether that was liz's imaginings, and having read the drivel once, cba reading it again to find out. My theories are that A) Cambridge man does not exist and as liz is becoming more aware that there are eyes and ears everywhere, to lie about having lunch in a well known restaurant with him, would soon get out, though that hasn't stopped her in the past. I think that's why she abandoned the revival of the FRS because she knows that most people don't believe it anyway and she cannot bang on about expensive date nights in fancy hotels because other people in these venues, including staff would soon out her, and whilst it would seem that she doesn't care about people not believing her tosh, I think she does really, because she desperately wants the life she writes about, but the reality is no where close to it.

My other theory is that if Cambridge man does exist, the realisation that this date was going to be column fodder may have opened his eyes to the reality that she would try to destroy him and anyone else he was associated with, in print..turn around, run away...wise move

She's a horrible horrible person. She has zero insight and has never done a thing to improve as a person. No growth. Everything is superficial and bitter.
I still want to know who the so called rocks star is though
I don't think he ever existed, I think he was an amalgamation of a variety of fantasy men, and when she first started the rumour, the internet, social media etc wasn't what it is today, lets face it, no one can go anywhere these days without someone getting a pic and posting it to facebook or whatever, as I said in my last post, I think that's why she binned the revival because she was going to get caught out and laughed at. The days of sitting in an ivory tower looking down on all the minions, telling them whatever she wants them to hear are truly over, I've seen numerous comments in places saying "oh I saw her in Richmond the other day" etc so she can't hide in the same way she used to

Last edited:
Maybe Cambridge man has listened to her bitching on her podcast with her equally bitchy friend. I only listened to one and they were being cruel about David. Who would want to subject themselves to being talked about like that?

I have seen her in Richmond! Only once but then I live in London. It was her loud London voice that grabbed my attention. Then I saw unnaturally dark long hair and jodhpur type trousers. Yep, our Liz.

• Wow
  • Haha
haha brilliant and proves my point, you live in another part of the country and can still randomly come across her (poor you)

Reactions: 1
Maybe Cambridge man has listened to her bitching on her podcast with her equally bitchy friend. I only listened to one and they were being cruel about David. Who would want to subject themselves to being talked about like that?

I have seen her in Richmond! Only once but then I live in London. It was her loud London voice that grabbed my attention. Then I saw unnaturally dark long hair and jodhpur type trousers. Yep, our Liz.
ha especially if she is accompanied by the Hounds from Hell, that's going to make you stand out :oops:

• Haha
Reactions: 3
She’s obviously still smarting from being stood up, cue poor old David being dragged back in, she’s so desperate to prove that there are men that will come running when she calls 😬

Reactions: 5
what the heck is she talking about buying flats in London for, she's not long out of her bankruptcy, who on earth would give her a mortgage, given her track record and her age. How much does the DM pay her for the drivel she spouts? Also she mentioned a couple of weeks ago that she was really happy in her, fully refurbed, but rented property, still can't understand why she spent all that money doing up someone else's property, especially if she's planning on moving back to London, or is she thinking she'll have a flat in London and a country cottage in Yorkshire?

Reactions: 9
what the heck is she talking about buying flats in London for, she's not long out of her bankruptcy, who on earth would give her a mortgage, given her track record and her age. How much does the DM pay her for the drivel she spouts? Also she mentioned a couple of weeks ago that she was really happy in her, fully refurbed, but rented property, still can't understand why she spent all that money doing up someone else's property, especially if she's planning on moving back to London, or is she thinking she'll have a flat in London and a country cottage in Yorkshire?
And the puppies And the cats?

"I wonder, not for the first time, why I can’t be happy anywhere. Why nowhere and no one is good enough." Whose fault is that?

No one asked her to spend hours getting ready for a date and assume he'd be spending the night. This was supposed to be a second date with a man she doesn't know well, it's she who turned it into more in her mind

And the puppies And the cats?
She doesn't have cats any more ever since one of them was killed by one of the untrained hounds. But continues to accumulate "puppies". Mini and Gracie are elderly so Liz won't have them much longer, but no doubt she will get replacements

indeed, I hate how people give her a pass because, she loves animals so much, truth is she doesn't really, she spoils them and lets them do what they want, but that is not actually good for them. I remember one of the cat maulings/killings she said she was really disappointed with grace for doing it, how could she? Erm that's what untrained, undisciplined dogs do, she might think that they are her "family" and whilst I agree that animals can be really intelligent, they are not people, you can't give them a moral code that they would understand the same way people would.

Reactions: 12
I love the gall of the woman to complain that David didn't pay for lunch, considering he was a last minute stand in who she then got snitty with when he merely said he preferred her hair long, surely she should have been grateful and thankful that the poor sop turned up the minute she clicked her fingers. Plus she must know by her age that you are far more likely to score when you haven't waxed, plucked, steamed or sheep dipped sorry oily bathed, spontaneity has clearly passed her by.

Reactions: 7
I love the gall of the woman to complain that David didn't pay for lunch, considering he was a last minute stand in who she then got snitty with when he merely said he preferred her hair long, surely she should have been grateful and thankful that the poor sop turned up the minute she clicked her fingers. Plus she must know by her age that you are far more likely to score when you haven't waxed, plucked, steamed or sheep dipped sorry oily bathed, spontaneity has clearly passed her by.
If a bloke likes you they don’t give a flying one about the primping and waxing etc etc. Don’t even notice. But then she’d have nothing to write about I guess 🙄

Reactions: 16
"I wonder, not for the first time, why I can’t be happy anywhere. Why nowhere and no one is good enough." Whose fault is that?

No one asked her to spend hours getting ready for a date and assume he'd be spending the night. This was supposed to be a second date with a man she doesn't know well, it's she who turned it into more in her mind

She doesn't have cats any more ever since one of them was killed by one of the untrained hounds. But continues to accumulate "puppies". Mini and Gracie are elderly so Liz won't have them much longer, but no doubt she will get replacements
she needs therapy a move will not change anything but give her new things to complain about. She is just a bitter person who alienates everyone around her

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.