Liz Jones - You Magazine Columnist

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Your wish is my command

BINGO
crappy engagement ringDiptyque CandlesWAXINGVictoria Beckham dressHaving no friends
Giving money to familyMen never paying for anythingMINI PUPPYDead horseStealing sperm
Dunhill lighterMini breaksDisgusting sex detailsBeing frigidDavid's ponytail
New mystery manSATC / Carrie BradshawLiam NeesonNic being bitchyDEAFNESS
Ancient Myla thong (dry clean only)VegetarianismFREE SQUAREMidnight Storm hairDry clean only
Dogs "stress wee"GIANT CHILDRENSmeg fridgeButtery soft leatherOily baths
Separating eyelashes with a pinWaitroseNERVOUS petsBanned from Fashion WeekOwns every issue of Vogue
Maharishi combat trousersBottega Veneta dress / heelsFresh linen on the bed in case she brings a man homeEx-exHelmut Lang suits
Rock StarGracie destroyed somethingNever goes on holidayPays more tax than anyone everDamn women and their maternity leave
There aren’t enough reactions for me to respond! ♥😳😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
I think they were all just a bit bemused as to why she’d got the job and seemed to hate every minute of it! She leaned heavily on her poor assistant and didn’t really interact with anyone else..
That's really odd (though it also makes perfect sense, considering her contrarian nature). To be appointed editor of a major fashion glossy, she'd have had to persuade the publisher that she had thousands of editorial ideas, was able to manage staff, meet circulation targets, etc etc. She must've worked like a dog to get the editorship, so I can't understand this. I'd love to hear the assistant's story!

Reactions: 7
That's really odd (though it also makes perfect sense, considering her contrarian nature). To be appointed editor of a major fashion glossy, she'd have had to persuade the publisher that she had thousands of editorial ideas, was able to manage staff, meet circulation targets, etc etc. She must've worked like a dog to get the editorship, so I can't understand this. I'd love to hear the assistant's story!
Yes exactly, she seemed to appear from nowhere and didn't really hide the fact that she really didn't want to take the job!

• Wow
Reactions: 9
God she popped up on morning tv this morning, that was a bit of a fright when still half asleep. Clutching one of her dogs and whinging about how her taxes pay for other people’s children blah blah, though I was fixated on her weird wonky drawn on eyebrows 👀 how can someone that spends so much on ‘grooming’ look like they’ve just been dug up?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
God she popped up on morning tv this morning, that was a bit of a fright when still half asleep. Clutching one of her dogs and whinging about how her taxes pay for other people’s children blah blah, though I was fixated on her weird wonky drawn on eyebrows 👀 how can someone that spends so much on ‘grooming’ look like they’ve just been dug up?
On what channel/show please? I'd love to see this!

Reactions: 2
This has always surprised me! In the days before the WWW, I remember being surprised at seeing a photo of her for this very reason (the column always had a graphic back in the day).

Reactions: 3
What was the topic? Was she actually in the studio? Fascinated!

Tattooed on twice! Not recommended, btw - having seen the results on Liz in her photos and my mumIRL!

Reactions: 4
She wants pets to receive treatment on the NHS as vets bills are very expensive. It was pointed out by Peter Purves that you not get a pet if cannot afford its upkeep.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
She wants pets to receive treatment on the NHS as vets bills are very expensive. It was pointed out by Peter Purves that you not get a pet if cannot afford its upkeep.
This reminds me of when the chairman head of Saatchi Advertising Agency set up a Go Fund me for his dog’s orthopaedic surgery with Supervet Noel Fitzpatrick. He’d neglected to purchase enough pet insurance cover to pay (think it was about £4K worth of cover) and there was a shortfall. There was a huge brouhaha in the press, inc Private Rye and on wife’s Insta account. They did return some of the money afterwards but not before his wife said she’d set up the GFM as people had asked how they could help. 😖 His name is Richard Huntington, hers is Annabel Bird and the dog’s name and Insta account is Edward Lear. Easy to track down and read about. This was in 2018.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
yeah right, she who was made bankrupt just a couple of years ago for not paying her taxes..omg the whining about all of her hard work and everything was just being taken from her by these horrible people,

but then also the backtracking apparently when quizzed by the inland revenue about all of the bling she allegedly splashed out on and treatments and whatever that she bragged about in her column she said it was a work of fiction and that it was her job to present as this wealthy, attractive and intellectual older woman, but that was not her real life..that was the first believable thing she said ever, as she has none of these qualities

• Wow
Reactions: 12
I just cannot believe she still has a column in the Mail, every week for years it has been pretty much the same dull content, she must be one of their longest running weekend columnists?!

Reactions: 6
yeah it is baffling, I remember once on a forum people saying well she's been there for a long time, maybe she knows stuff!! but I'm now thinking well she mus know where all of the bodies are buried or she couldnt get away with that crap for so long..it's totally bloody awful

I can only imagine it gets a lot of hits from people reading it in order to slag it off.. the comments are always 99% incredulous/vicious

• Haha
Reactions: 5
As a defector from Digital Spy, I'm so glad I found this forum!

Did she seriously go on telly saying that the NHS should pay for her pets' treatment? After the year we've just had, it just beggars belief that anyone could be so self-centred and deluded!

Reactions: 8
As a defector from Digital Spy, I'm so glad I found this forum!

Did she seriously go on telly saying that the NHS should pay for her pets' treatment? After the year we've just had, it just beggars belief that anyone could be so self-centred and deluded!
she is completely deranged, I presume she just doesn't really have any friends/family willing to reign in her ridiculous opinions

Reactions: 5
Remember the Somalia article which opened by saying that she'd gone to a GP she was not even registered with to demand a vaccination on the same day. With that in mind it does not surprise me she thinks her pets should be on the NHS

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.