Liz Jones - You Magazine Columnist

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think a combination, she also seems to have narcissistic personality disorder, the delusion that she exhibits is an indicator of that, she cannot accept any criticism and I think she truly believes she is a wonderful, caring, thoughtful, generous and beautiful person..she is not

Reactions: 11
Quite possibly. I don't get how she repeats the same thing (gifting expensive stuff to people who presumably don't want it in the first place) and then getting annoyed because they're not eternally grateful then holding s silent grudge for forever then splurting it all out in a tabloid column.

Reactions: 9
yeah that seems to be part of her MO, look at all of these wonderful things I do for people and they don't give the same in return. Not the point of course, if you have the means and can easily afford to buy a baby a cashmere blanket (or whatever it was) then do so, it will be appreciated as much as any other gift (though maybe not, as it's probably dry clean only and those types of items are not usually popular for babies) but then you cannot expect that person to be in any form of debt against you, until they purchase something equally expensive for you. That's not how gift giving works, you give someone a gift because you want to, not to get something in return

She definitely wants something from giving away things even freebies from her magazine days, but what? Eternal gratutide? Indebtedness? A feeling if superior benevolence? Something from ole Lizzy doesn't come without strings for sure.

Reactions: 6
Ha!

Tbh when I see anything Jack Monroe related, I always think of Liz Jones. They have a great deal in common. Wealthy backgrounds that they constantly lie about, fancy schools, eating disorders, misogyny, success based on connections over talent, and relying on people hate reading their hypocritical tomes for a living.

The young wokesters like to think they are reinventing the wheel, but Liz Jones and her ilk cared more about duck pouts, cats,
”influencing” and veganism many years before their idols did.

The new book makes sense as to why a thread about a 90‘s non entity was started randomly on a gossip site. If you’re reading this Liz, did you ever get your pubes tattooed back on?

I distinctly remember your article lamenting years of religiously waxing had given you an, ahem, bald spot...
Sorry, not Liz but agree re: Fack Monroe. Slightly horrified this might be giving publicity now though😬

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Writing inappropriately about a sister today for the millionth time. The sister is seriously ill in hospital - how I hope that she doesn't read this. Her son probably will though; awful, he'll be hurt. Why won't she respect the wishes of her family and stop using them financially as copy? Especially if she is turning away work as she boasts in todays Dreary.

• Wow
"Gracie no longer wees indoors" after twelve years with you

What a lovely way to write about your terminally ill sister. This is the same way she wrote about her other sister who died: "she got men more easily than I did but she'll die without one"

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Wow, today’s pitiful offering is one of the nastiest most bitter thing I’ve ever read. ‘Yeah she might have got all the blokes, but on balance I have ‘won’ - yeah you keep telling yourself that Liz 😬

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
I actually went and read it this week. So bitter. I can imagine Liz actually thinks she’s written a nice tribute but it just reeks of “I thought I wanted to be you but actually my life is waaaaay better AND you‘re dying. Sucks to be you.”

• Wow
  • Sad
Writing inappropriately about a sister today for the millionth time. The sister is seriously ill in hospital - how I hope that she doesn't read this. Her son probably will though; awful, he'll be hurt. Why won't she respect the wishes of her family and stop using them financially as copy? Especially if she is turning away work as she boasts in todays Dreary.
I really hope for their own sakes none of her family read her awful drivel

• Heart
Reactions: 7
yes and I think the fact that her sister has a son who obviously loves and cares about her, puts her in a far better situation than Liz, she is such a vile person

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I think at this point her column is just a woeful attempt at settling scores with all the people she considers have ‘done her wrong’

• Wow
Reactions: 15
I think at this point her column is just a woeful attempt at settling scores with all the people she considers have ‘done her wrong’
yeah exactly, she is clearly unhappy with her life and bitter that other people are happy so is just trying to take other people down, she is such a mean spirited horrible person. While I don't think life with your family is not a competition to see who has "won", I definitely wouldn't suggest Liz had in any case, her life just seems so depressing

Reactions: 8
yes and I think the fact that her sister has a son who obviously loves and cares about her, puts her in a far better situation than Liz, she is such a vile person
She's written many times about how upset she was when Lyn's other son died at age 21, especially since it was very shortly after their brother had also died. Yet she still mentions him in an article like this, awful

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
I’m appalled and amused in equal measure that Jaz Coleman was mooted as the pretend rock star.

Reactions: 3
This week: Cambridge Man gets treated to Liz's Victoria Beckham bodycon dress, Louboutin shoe boots, and thong as old as time

• Haha
  • Wow
Actually I think the aforementioned thong was actually a replacement one for her threadbare antiques, that David got for her, remember at the time she was offended as she thought it was a size to big, though can't remember if he exchanged it or whatever.

And of course now we have to wait til next week for details of the actual date, or is the text or whatever she got from him, saying he'd changed his mind, which would be a wise choice, if in fact Cambridge man does exist and that she would admit it. Notably she already had a dig at his ex by saying he would be reading the column and thinking of liz whilst in bed with his ex..she has no shame, decorum or anything else, I just cant understand why cancel culture is not on to her yet, she needs to stop.

Actually I think the aforementioned thong was actually a replacement one for her threadbare antiques, that David got for her, remember at the time she was offended as she thought it was a size to big, though can't remember if he exchanged it or whatever.

And of course now we have to wait til next week for details of the actual date, or is the text or whatever she got from him, saying he'd changed his mind, which would be a wise choice, if in fact Cambridge man does exist and that she would admit it. Notably she already had a dig at his ex by saying he would be reading the column and thinking of liz whilst in bed with his ex..she has no shame, decorum or anything else, I just cant understand why cancel culture is not on to her yet, she needs to stop.
He would've had to exchange it himself. Liz said she refused to do it as it was "just another chore" for her

Run for the hills, Cambridge Man!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.