Liz Jones - You Magazine Columnist

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As a defector from Digital Spy, I'm so glad I found this forum!

Did she seriously go on telly saying that the NHS should pay for her pets' treatment? After the year we've just had, it just beggars belief that anyone could be so self-centred and deluded!
Me too, babe!

Reactions: 2
Your wish is my command

BINGO
crappy engagement ringDiptyque CandlesWAXINGVictoria Beckham dressHaving no friends
Giving money to familyMen never paying for anythingMINI PUPPYDead horseStealing sperm
Dunhill lighterMini breaksDisgusting sex detailsBeing frigidDavid's ponytail
New mystery manSATC / Carrie BradshawLiam NeesonNic being bitchyDEAFNESS
Ancient Myla thong (dry clean only)VegetarianismFREE SQUAREMidnight Storm hairDry clean only
Dogs "stress wee"GIANT CHILDRENSmeg fridgeButtery soft leatherOily baths
Separating eyelashes with a pinWaitroseNERVOUS petsBanned from Fashion WeekOwns every issue of Vogue
Maharishi combat trousersBottega Veneta dress / heelsFresh linen on the bed in case she brings a man homeEx-exHelmut Lang suits
Rock StarGracie destroyed somethingNever goes on holidayPays more tax than anyone everDamn women and their maternity leave
I thought of another for the free square, No fingerprints from typing a million words a year

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I understand that the ‘ Dreary’ (thanks DigitalSpy) is written a few weeks before publication, but is she really claiming not to have had a single Covid vaccine yet? And she’s 62? Why does she lie about such stupid things?

Reactions: 10
I understand that the ‘ Dreary’ (thanks DigitalSpy) is written a few weeks before publication, but is she really claiming not to have had a single Covid vaccine yet? And she’s 62? Why does she lie about such stupid things?
She's RT'ed a lot of anti-vax/anti-mask/COVID-denying tweets recently, likely because she wants to curry favour with the Mail's frothing fanbase and give them a reason to keep her on. So perhaps she refused to be vaccinated

• Sad
  • Wow
This reminds me of when the chairman head of Saatchi Advertising Agency set up a Go Fund me for his dog’s orthopaedic surgery with Supervet Noel Fitzpatrick. He’d neglected to purchase enough pet insurance cover to pay (think it was about £4K worth of cover) and there was a shortfall. There was a huge brouhaha in the press, inc Private Rye and on wife’s Insta account. They did return some of the money afterwards but not before his wife said she’d set up the GFM as people had asked how they could help. 😖 His name is Richard Huntington, hers is Annabel Bird and the dog’s name and Insta account is Edward Lear. Easy to track down and read about. This was in 2018.
I remember that. The guy lived in a £1m+ house and had a six figure salary. Apparently the dog was instafamous or something. What a world.

I can see why Liz Jones has her column to be honest. Yes it’s dreck but it generates more interest online than any other newspaper column. The Mail has a few of these ‘humiliate self for cash’ female journalists like Samantha Brick and the one who beats her kids, but Liz has made it into an art form.

• Sick
Reactions: 11
I see she mentioned her (or rather Nic's) confusion between antidotes and anecdotes again. Look it wasn't funny the first time and it certainly isn't the second, and if she actually did meet a guy and told him about the alleged bag incident and he was apparently impressed, then he must truly be a muppet or else he was just humouring her. The fact also that although he's never been married, but has a son and is on friendly terms with the mother and another ex that does not bode well in Liz's psychopathic jealousy of previous partners, prepare for a vitriolic attack on both women for having the temerity to speak to him when he is supposed to be with goddess Liz

I remember that. The guy lived in a £1m+ house and had a six figure salary. Apparently the dog was instafamous or something. What a world.

I can see why Liz Jones has her column to be honest. Yes it’s dreck but it generates more interest online than any other newspaper column. The Mail has a few of these ‘humiliate self for cash’ female journalists like Samantha Brick and the one who beats her kids, but Liz has made it into an art form.
Oh the one that beats her kids is that the same one that keeps buying puppies then giving them away :mad:

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
She also mentioned that it was dry clean only..like euuggh dry clean only underwear, she would only be able to wear it once then off to the cleaners..shudder imagine having to deal with that as part of your job, cleaning liz jones knickers
I certainly would not want dry cleaning fluid anywhere near my bits

Reactions: 5
I certainly would not want dry cleaning fluid anywhere near my bits
I remember decades ago I worked up in London where the Boss' missus used to send all her dry cleaning in every week for The Man to collect then return to her all neatly done, pressed and plasticked for her. We girls used to get the dubious honour of sorting out and listing everything she'd stuffed into the bags (since it was beneath her to do it herself) - then she also began to put the old man's ties in, followed by his silk socks, her frilly lingerie, bras and all sorts that began to appear in the bag for The Man. One day her husband happened to see the bill tucked into the returning goods and he nearly blew a gasket when he saw that she's put his underwear in too, all neatly pinned onto hangers and it was costing him a fortune to dry clean items that the Housekeeper should be putting in the family wash, not sending them out to be dry cleaned! Needless to say it stopped thereon :)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Surely dry cleaning is not really the same as a proper clean? I know it uses chemicals to clean off stains, which is fine for a jacket or dress, but I doubt it’d clean a pair of knickers properly.

I once took a jacket into the dry cleaners that smelt of cigarette smoke, and while it was nicely cleaned, it doesn’t really get rid of smells. It just covers them with that chemically smell that soon wears off.

Reactions: 7
New to this thread but not to Liz, like most of you I've been following her on and off since I first read her column in my parents' MoS decades ago. Her content hasn't changed or improved at all. Whenever I read any of her writing I'm freshly taken aback by just how much she irritates me and how much rage she inspires in me. She is the opposite of everything I am or could ever want to be (literally - I'm fat and happily married! 😌). What an utterly miserable person she is. She makes it extremely difficult to feel sorry for her though, all of her unhappiness is entirely of her own creation.

She has a huge amount of deep seeded bitterness and insecurity and needs intensive therapy to overcome this. She will never be happy otherwise. I actually wonder if she's ever felt a second of true happiness in her whole life. I pity her, but not for the reasons she wants me to.

Reactions: 17
Yes it's a big horrible mess of bitterness, boasting and insecurity. I think she thinks she comes across as sassy and daring but it's just all a bit tragic (and I say that as a 50 year old singleton - when even I am pitying her the jig must be up :LOL: )

• Haha
Reactions: 18
New to this thread but not to Liz, like most of you I've been following her on and off since I first read her column in my parents' MoS decades ago. Her content hasn't changed or improved at all. Whenever I read any of her writing I'm freshly taken aback by just how much she irritates me and how much rage she inspires in me. She is the opposite of everything I am or could ever want to be (literally - I'm fat and happily married! 😌). What an utterly miserable person she is. She makes it extremely difficult to feel sorry for her though, all of her unhappiness is entirely of her own creation.

She has a huge amount of deep seeded bitterness and insecurity and needs intensive therapy to overcome this. She will never be happy otherwise. I actually wonder if she's ever felt a second of true happiness in her whole life. I pity her, but not for the reasons she wants me to.
I'm also fat and happily married. :D

As my mum would say 'she's her own worst enemy' and she is. She'll never be happy with anyone or any thing. She's developed an immense sense of entitlement. She's utterly deluded.

Reactions: 16
I'm also fat and happily married. :D

As my mum would say 'she's her own worst enemy' and she is. She'll never be happy with anyone or any thing. She's developed an immense sense of entitlement. She's utterly deluded.
has she ever been to therapy? she clearly needs it

• Heart
Reactions: 7
This Cambridge guy who met her for lunch must be desperate to be written about! 🤣 Deluded fool.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Today: Liz brags about how Cambridge Man can't wait to bang her and she "wants to get it over with, like measles." Sad in more ways than one

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
Next weeks borefest will likely be all about the preparations for sex, the waxing, bleaching, steaming etc, not forgetting to name drop some more designer clothes that she allegedly doesn't own.

Imagine going on a date with someone, and talking about sex with him when you don't even know their surname, and all that nonsense about having to pass tests, I'd be more interested in finding out his name, address etc so that I could check out if he is genuine, not whether he could tell me my dogs names and what designer skirt I was wearing, which lets face it, most women wouldn't have a clue let alone men,who really don't give a toss about what you're wearing, but got to get that shameless namedrop in somehow...

She really is going for the cringe effect, whether she thinks this puts her in the "brave forward woman" category and that she will be admired for it by all of us lesser women, wishing we could be just like her...erm nope, I would rather actually just stick pins in my eyes and not to separate my eyelashes

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.