Liz Jones #5 The podcast's an unmitigated disaster, about time the Diary was put out to pasture

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's a cute little place. I can't imagine being her age (and having a number of dogs) and going for such an impractical house though. Not a hope she'd think to the future a bit and buy a nice bungalow (or at least a property with a bit of private outdoor space and a bit of accessibility in case she needs it in the coming years).
But yeah it's Liz.

Reactions: 10
It's a cute little place. I can't imagine being her age (and having a number of dogs) and going for such an impractical house though. Not a hope she'd think to the future a bit and buy a nice bungalow (or at least a property with a bit of private outdoor space and a bit of accessibility in case she needs it in the coming years).
But yeah it's Liz.
All those stairs. It actually has a lot of room in the house but it is all vertical. Not what you need in the autumn of your years. She has gone for character over practicality.

Reactions: 11
All those stairs. It actually has a lot of room in the house but it is all vertical. Not what you need in the autumn of your years. She has gone for character over practicality.
She doesn't have it in her to bring the character to a more ordinary place either. She owns a lot of branded "things" but she doesn't have a coherent style.

Reactions: 7
It's two downstairs rooms, bathroom and three bedrooms (one in the attic) around the servants' staircase. One room more than the rented cottage.

I wonder how horrified the owners of the actual Vicarage will be once they realise who is living in their Annex?

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I'm slightly older than her and I can't imagine why a woman of that age would want to live with those stone stairs. One slip on there (sober, let alone well refreshed) and you'd be done for. And that's without dogs pissing all over them and leaving puddles!
They're not even nice looking stairs, they belong in an old fashioned public toilet.

Reactions: 17
That is a beautiful house. I am suprised someone would want to move out of it.

Those stairs though. They look very steep and cramped. If she ever gets back with David (as always) he will inevitably fall down them, or somehow get an injury that traps him on a single floor of the house as he is in to much pain to use them.

Reactions: 5
What on earch is a "moustache French club chair? "... will I pick holes?" - rhetorical question, surely?

Reactions: 4
She doesn't have it in her to bring the character to a more ordinary place either. She owns a lot of branded "things" but she doesn't have a coherent style.
I recall at one home she lived in she ripped out the kitchen and didn't have one for a long time. What was that about?

Reactions: 2
I recall at one home she lived in she ripped out the kitchen and didn't have one for a long time. What was that about?
Probably because it was 'common', having come from B&Q or IKEA rather than some posh place.

• Haha
She thinks she's Carrie "I use the oven as shoe storage" Bradshaw. She'd like people to think she has no use for a kitchen.
Is whatshername, the lowly assistant moving with her or what's the story there?

Reactions: 4
I agree the place is cute, but if she has lots of animals it may not be very practical. I’m really surprised though that she has managed to acquire a mortgage at her age with little income and no equity?
Bet it’s expensive to heat in Winter?

She thinks she's Carrie "I use the oven as shoe storage" Bradshaw. She'd like people to think she has no use for a kitchen.
Is whatshername, the lowly assistant moving with her or what's the story there?
Indeed! Assuming she's abandoned the horses into Bebb's care, that would explain her demand for more cash. Can't see Juggo traipsing back to Easby to, y'know, look after her own animals (the humanity). And she'll be guaranteed to make sure her feral pack dump in the graveyard as that dank cell outside the back of the house will be ankle deep in no time...

Reactions: 6
But she's profoundly deaf ............ 😏
Profoundly deaf, my arse. I've got two hearing aids too and I'm not profoundly deaf.

The definition from Sense is:
What does “profoundly deaf” mean? Profoundly deaf means that you cannot hear sounds below 95dB. To give an example, the volume of a jackhammer at a distance of 15m from you is about 90dB. Meanwhile, the typical volume of speech is around 60dB.
There's no way that she comes into that category judging by the stuff she wanks on about. Her hearing aids would be bigger too.

Reactions: 10
She's profoundly deaf but can hear whispered conversations when she needs them for fodder in her dreary.

Reactions: 11
She'll be moaning about

how expensive it is to heat,
The church bells
The parking
The neighbours

Reactions: 12