Liz Jones #5 The podcast's an unmitigated disaster, about time the Diary was put out to pasture

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks for posting. I don't normally read the screenshots as sometimes can't read them properly on phone, but was okay today.

Do you think anyone at the Mail has twigged that she just essentially writes the same handful of articles again and again

1) slagging off David or a Man
2) people I pay were rude to me
3) I have a health problem
4) my animal died/ my animal was poorly behaved and I was unfairly told off/ my animal is unwell.
5) my friend was not greatful for something, why don't they understand that I purchased their friendship and they can't do this to me?

And don't forget....

6) people who live in the countryside are backwards locals who keep their trousers up with a string
7) I/my dogs tit ourselves
8) I wish I'd never left London
9) Slagging off her family
10) Slagging off other women
11) Quack medical beliefs: "HRT is evil" "COVID isn't real and no one should be allowed to wear masks because I'm DEAF"

Reactions: 8
7) I/my dogs tit ourselves
8) I wish I'd never left London
9) Slagging off her family
10) Slagging off other women
11) Quack medical beliefs: "HRT is evil" "COVID isn't real and no one should be allowed to wear masks because I'm DEAF"
How could I forget those classics? Between us we have compiled the greatest hits of Liz Jones.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
12) constantly name dropping of designer items
13) laying make up brushes on a white towel like a heart surgeon
14) waxing of intimate areas prior to a date
---
15) ‘I was stood up on millennium eve’
---
16) ‘I’m catnip to men! Catnip!’

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I hate bad service, and stand up for myself. Never once been banned. She must be beyond the pale rude.

Reactions: 6
I wonder wether the hot wax event was the thing she’s been hinting happened for the last few months? Maybe she’s been trying to get compensation from the spa and it’s not been successful so she’s gone for them in the article.

Shes vile. No redeeming features at all. Sitting there like the Queen of Sheba eating in a spa with her dog too. Boggles my brain! If I saw that my feet couldn’t carry me out fast enough. Well done to the manager for standing up to her.

Reactions: 7
I wonder wether the hot wax event was the thing she’s been hinting happened for the last few months? Maybe she’s been trying to get compensation from the spa and it’s not been successful so she’s gone for them in the article.
I thought the same.

I'm also surprised she ate a bowl of chips. I thought she only ate healthily - if she ate.

Reactions: 8
If I went to a spa I wouldn’t want to sit near smelly fries or a dog. Love both outside but not where you want spa smells and ambiance.

Reactions: 13
Old Juggo must be past retirement now, surely? Why in God's name do they keep the withered old drab on? They could employ a younger, talented writer and put her out to pasture.

Reactions: 7
Old Juggo must be past retirement now, surely? Why in God's name do they keep the withered old drab on? They could employ a younger, talented writer and put her out to pasture.
Knowing them, it’ll just be Liz Mk2, or default to the usual middle-aged horrors that spread their unpleasantness all over the place (which is saying somethin, since it is the Daily Hate Mail).

Reactions: 5
Knowing them, it’ll just be Liz Mk2, or default to the usual middle-aged horrors that spread their unpleasantness all over the place (which is saying somethin, since it is the Daily Hate Mail).
The thing is, the Daily Mail love that you call them middle aged horrors. The Mail hates women unless they are young and attractive, so they employ in your words, middle aged horrors to keep up the narrative that women who have reached middle aged are indeed horrific. There are plenty of middle aged horrors who don’t get half as much flak as the women writers - Littlejohn, Morgan (when he was there), Hitchens. They are as revolting as the Vines and Platells and the Jones and all the other female hard bitten hacks that came before them. But with women it seems like they have to adopt this hard bitten persona to get a column there. It is an endless cycle.

Not defending Liz. If she is as unhappy in her life as her wittering portray, her employment at the Mail has done her no favours at all. It is just the casual sexism/agism against women that everyone throws around. The stages are you are young and then you are not, so now you are a middle aged horror.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
The thing is, the Daily Mail love that you call them middle aged horrors. The Mail hates women unless they are young and attractive, so they employ in your words, middle aged horrors to keep up the narrative that women who have reached middle aged are indeed horrific. There are plenty of middle aged horrors who don’t get half as much flak as the women writers - Littlejohn, Morgan (when he was there), Hitchens. They are as revolting as the Vines and Platells and the Jones and all the other female hard bitten hacks that came before them. But with women it seems like they have to adopt this hard bitten persona to get a column there. It is an endless cycle.

Not defending Liz. If she is as unhappy in her life as her wittering portray, her employment at the Mail has done her no favours at all. It is just the casual sexism/agism against women that everyone throws around. The stages are you are young and then you are not, so now you are a middle aged horror.
Being a fully-accredited middle-aged horror, myself, I do agree with you, believe it or not.

Reactions: 4
Why is she clinging onto that black hair. It ages her. She sees herself as a style maven but she is just clinging onto the past. I bet that hair do has been in o place since her teenage years. She would do better with a softer brown.

Reactions: 6
@House of Tea she did!

I think she looks fantastic in these photos, the hair and soft lights did wonders for her. But I vaguely remember a Dreary not long after where she almost immediately went back to Midnight Squally Showers as it was a security blanket. But I may be misremembering and am open to correction.

Reactions: 3