Liz Jones #5 The podcast's an unmitigated disaster, about time the Diary was put out to pasture

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
“Why do women put their children ahead of their own happiness?” Because we love our kids!!!! Thank god she never procreated.
She's so thick and out of touch it's mortifying. Not least because she's one of the few columnists for whom I believe she is actually being herself and not just playing a character.

Reactions: 7
She's so thick and out of touch it's mortifying. Not least because she's one of the few columnists for whom I believe she is actually being herself and not just playing a character.
I really think she is, though I had thought that no-one could be like that and she was playing the Evil Witch part just to get responses. Sadly she's all too real.

Reactions: 3
That head's several times too big for the centenarian's neck. Looks like her fancy and expensive potions don't work very well - she's only paying for the name not the effect.
She is not a good advert for the stuff she so willingly promotes in her article.

Reactions: 6
I don’t believe anyone is as nasty as she makes herself out to be. She must be paid an awful amount to shove such bitter content out into the world. It must make her life difficult.

Reactions: 4
I don’t believe anyone is as nasty as she makes herself out to be. She must be paid an awful amount to shove such bitter content out into the world. It must make her life difficult.
Given that she seems to have a pretty much alienated everyone unfortunate enough to cross paths with her, I suspect she really is that bad.

Reactions: 12
No, I think she is completely self-centred and totally oblivious to any impression that she makes. She sees herself as a victim and can't see the consequences of her actions so everything is FA and no FO.

Not just your ordinary PTSD, but complex PTSD - of course it is. It's her, so it would have to be. Ditto not just a bit cloth-eared, but profoundly deaf.

What the chuffin' hell are cardnogens?
---
Ooops, must remember to clean my specs - of course she refers to carCInogens!!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Dreary. God, it's boring.
She's got literally nothing to say. The bit in the pub is all made up. You don't write that badly if you ever go out and actually converse with people like everyone else. She's sat indoors somewhere all day thinking up bollocks for the column and that is her whole life, with the odd bit of dog walking peppered in.

The one surprise is she continues to get away with lying about the vicarage but at least comments point out the truth have been allowed through the last few weeks.
---
People who have encountered her in real life say she actually is that bad! She is one of the very few public figures who I believe is not putting on a persona except for some exaggeration for dramatic license.

Why would a man with a large box and no uniform be coming to arrest her? And why would C-PTSD mean that she thinks that? Has she got trauma from being arrested previously? Her lies are so obvious and don't make any sense.

Her 'profound deafness' is utterly shite too. As someone with two hearing aids, no way would I claim that myself. I describe myself as partly deaf which she should but she's always a victim and always elevenerifing.

From the Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust website:

Hearing impairment is defined by the quietest level of sounds you can hear; known as your hearing threshold and is measured in decibels (dB). These hearing thresholds are used to catagorise your hearing as normal (no impairment), mild, moderate, severe or profound impairment. A severe hearing loss is traditionally classed as threshold levels of 71-95dB, a profound hearing loss is threshold levels in excess of 95dB. Due to the complex nature of hearing loss and complex configurations of individual audiograms Addenbrooke's severe / profound hearing loss clinic defines a severe/profound loss as threshold levels of 80dB or worse at 2kHz and 4kHz.

70dB is the average volume of a vacuum cleaner at a distance of 1 metre
90dB is the average volume of a jackhammer at a distance of 15 metres
100dB is the average volume of a disco speaker at a distance of 1 metre

Patients with severe / profound hearing loss usually need to lip-read or use sign language, even with a hearing aid. (My bolding)

The aim of the Severe/ Profound Hearing Loss Clinic is to ensure adult patients with severe or profound hearing loss are optimally managed in terms of amplification, wider audiological rehabilitation and onward referral for cochlear implant assessment where appropriate

Note the bit in bold 😂.

Reactions: 4
Why would a man with a large box and no uniform be coming to arrest her? And why would C-PTSD mean that she thinks that? Has she got trauma from being arrested previously? Her lies are so obvious and don't make any sense.

Her 'profound deafness' is utterly shite too. As someone with two hearing aids, no way would I claim that myself. I describe myself as partly deaf which she should but she's always a victim and always elevenerifing.

From the Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust website:

Note the bit in bold 😂.
Yet she always seems to manage to overhear someone saying something nasty honest about her!

• Haha
Reactions: 10