Liz Jones #5 The podcast's an unmitigated disaster, about time the Diary was put out to pasture

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Winning thread title by @Miss Lola!

Recap:
  • Liz's sister Lyn, horse Benji, and incontinent collie Gracie have all passed away. Liz wrote a totally sensitive and appropriate tribute to Lyn like she did with their other sister whose funeral she was banned from.
  • She also wrote a sycophantic article expressing exaggerated concern for Princess Kate after her surgery
  • Some idiot has given her a mortgage and she's moving into her dream vicarage (read: annexe)
  • She and David are back on, or so she says, however she continues to witch and moan that his poor health and advanced age are an inconvenience to her.
  • The plodcast has been canned. We suspect it was to do with whatever she didn't get to say about Nirps because the lawyers had to get involved
  • The Dreary limps on, still full of copy paste "text messages" and such fascinating subject matter as her and David arguing over a stairlift
  • Nic han't been on social media in weeks and is only referred to in passing. We're hoping this is because she has finally told Liz to do one rather than her health worsening
Wiki on the pink button for newcomers!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
She was so awful about David again, literally zero sympathy for whatever health problems he is going through.

I am not sure why she even wants a boyfriend. She doesn't seem to like spending time with other people, sex, being naked, compromising etc.

She could have gone down the route of celebrating thw freedom of being single, and showing that older single women are not sad old spinsters. Instead she seems to want to make herself as miserable as possible by chasing a life she doesn't even seem to enjoy.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Did she actively not want kids? Normally I don't like speculating about women's choices/fertility, but Liz seems pretty heartless and self centred

Reactions: 2
Did she actively not want kids? Normally I don't like speculating about women's choices/fertility, but Liz seems pretty heartless and self centred
She flipflops. On one hand she says she did, that she and Nirps applied to adopt but were turned down, she "stole" sperm from him and another ex in an effort to get pregnant, and now feels like a "husk!" and "unused Le Creuset saucepan!" because she didn't have children. On the other she makes it clear she hates mothers and says she didn't want kids because they disrupt your life so much. When she and Nirpal got together she wrote an article about babysitting a colleague's children for an afternoon and even that was too much and she thereafter decided that was it, she didn't want kids because she couldn't (e.g.) force them to keep the house pristine and follow a vegan lifestyle. So who knows? I don't think even she does

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 9
She flipflops. On one hand she says she did, that she and Nirps applied to adopt but were turned down, she "stole" sperm from him and another ex in an effort to get pregnant, and now feels like a "husk!" and "unused Le Creuset saucepan!" because she didn't have children. On the other she makes it clear she hates mothers and says she didn't want kids because they disrupt your life so much. When she and Nirpal got together she wrote an article about babysitting a colleague's children for an afternoon and even that was too much and she thereafter decided that was it, she didn't want kids because she couldn't (e.g.) force them to keep the house pristine and follow a vegan lifestyle. So who knows? I don't think even she does
She'd be jealous of a female child and completely deify a male one. Any woman who dated to rebuke her son would be 'that silly slut' etc and a daughter would constantly be told how to get/keep a man and remain thin :)

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Liz has written very disparagingly about the female colleagues who took maternity leave when she was a magazine editor. She thinks that she has worked so much harder than women who have had ‘time off’ to bring up their children. I’m sure the only reason she ever tried to get pregnant was so she could ‘swan off’ on mat leave like the others, rather than any real desire to have a child.

Reactions: 8
Thanks for the new thread, wonder when we'll start hearing about all of her annexe woes.

Reactions: 4
"I'm no Meghan fan" says Liz who constantly bleated on the Plodcast about how she is just like Meghan and they're twins and soul mates

Reactions: 7
"I'm no Meghan fan" says Liz who constantly bleated on the Plodcast about how she is just like Meghan and they're twins and soul mates
I think she sees a kindred spirit in Meghan as Meghan loves designer stuff and is still not accepted despite her efforts to seem perfect and have it all ;)

• Haha
"...the common denominator is me" - I actually thought she had a sudden moment of self-awareness, then I read on. Even the last three paragraphs are a not so cleverly disguised attempt to big herself up, while pretending to praise that (fictional) reader. (Do I detect a hidden sneer because the (fictional) scarf had been kept in a (fictional) drawer for 45 years?) Yep Liz, some people are kind; some people help, but some people shut the hell up about it. By the way, I'd be incredibly surprised if you can't book a washing machine repair if you're deaf. Of course Profoundly Deaf might be different - not.

Reactions: 4
Dreary. *sigh*
Thank you for posting. I noticed that the DM have put Liz and Bel Mooney behind a pay wall* which has disturbed my weekend cuppa and reading routine.

*I did joke about how I'd welcome Liz being put behind a wall on secret celeb gossip, but I am irritated none the less.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Every Sunday I get up, have a coffee then read Liz Jones and Bel Mooney, and then go swimming when it opens at 9.

Will feel a bit lost now. I have been reading since just before her marriage started to implode. I thought she was a fictional character until I saw her on Loose Women.

• Haha
Every Sunday I get up, have a coffee then read Liz Jones and Bel Mooney, and then go swimming when it opens at 9.

Will feel a bit lost now. I have been reading since just before her marriage started to implode. I thought she was a fictional character until I saw her on Loose Women.
Mediastar posts it early here anyway hun 😂

Reactions: 3