Liz Jones #5 The podcast's an unmitigated disaster, about time the Diary was put out to pasture

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Suspected yes, Nic hasn't been on social media since November and Liz hasn't mentioned her as much. Nic does have serious health problems so it’s possible she can no longer work/is just not online for that reason, but Liz suggested in her column that they argued because she wanted to cut Nic’s wages due to Nic’s “reduced workload.” By which she presumably means Nic cannot work as much because of her health and/or there’s less to do because two of Liz’s pets have died, but still, I can see why Nic isn’t happy
Liz is unhappy regardless. She worked that woman ragged, no matter the “martyr” says. This blithering idiot used Nic’s little Ka for driving all over Creation, racking up wear and tear, after she bollocked her own one. And it was for quite a while, according to herself.

Reactions: 11
The problem is that she is completely delusional playing the part of Carrie Bradshaw's The Elder Years, who is catnip to men. She thinks she is shy and lacking in confidence when she is overbearing and judgemental. She picks people she can control and either crushes them or they turn on her. Nirpal was her match. Everything he said was true but then again, i don't think Liz was fully lying.

Reactions: 14
“Racy second novel” not sure what to think. Is this the one about a love triangle between Not-Liz and a man and his son? Or is it The Turtle’s Head which might be why she’s trying to publish in the US where David and his ex can’t read it to sue her?

Reactions: 5
Apart from the fact that she is an utterly tit writer, I don't think her work would go down well in the US. Certainly they like Englishness, but a particular kind - refined, or quirky, or refined and quirky. tit, not so much.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
“Racy second novel” not sure what to think. Is this the one about a love triangle between Not-Liz and a man and his son? Or is it The Turtle’s Head which might be why she’s trying to publish in the US where David and his ex can’t read it to sue her?
I think it's the one she proclaimed contained "sex you haven't even thought of", which is quite a stretch coming from someone who's shagged 3½ people and doesn't take her vest off.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I think it's the one she proclaimed contained "sex you haven't even thought of", which is quite a stretch coming from someone who's shagged 3½ people and doesn't take her vest off.
I mean I've never thought of leaving my vest on, so she's half right 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I wonder what ever happened to the musical she dreamed she wrote?
Talking of which, I believe the new musical ‘The Devil Wears Prada’
Is about to open in the West End, based on the hit movie. Liz probably thinks she should’ve been cast in the lead. I mean, she’s practically Miranda Priestly, isn’t she 🙄🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 7
When I see celebs moan about not getting a book deal or that they are being ' censored' by having one cancelled, I just think that they should just self publish. It is lot easier to do these days, and there is a lot less stigma around it. If the book is as good as they say, it would still make money and would have less middle men taking a cut.

Come on Liz, self pub your book. I would definitely buy a copy :p

• Haha
Reactions: 5
When I see celebs moan about not getting a book deal or that they are being ' censored' by having one cancelled, I just think that they should just self publish. It is lot easier to do these days, and there is a lot less stigma around it. If the book is as good as they say, it would still make money and would have less middle men taking a cut.

Come on Liz, self pub your book. I would definitely buy a copy :p
She self-published the last one. Enough said.

Reactions: 4
I meant proper DIY self publishing. Make your own cover and upload to amazon style, not with a small publisher to do all admin and editing for you in exchange for taking a cut. A lot of indie authors are making good money by doing that and cutting out all the middlemen who take a cut.

Reactions: 1
I don't usually post, I'm more of a lurker. But I had to after finding this thread as I wondered what happened to the podcast and then your above post made me remember this.

I had to laugh about a year ago Nic reviewed a book called A Moment on the Lips and raved about it. You could tell Liz was fuming. Liz remained quiet after she claimed it was similar to her book. She didn't sound happy at all. I just looked that it up. It's got a over 1500 ratings a 4.4 average on Amazon and is going to be a TV series. Liz has a 3.7 average and 108 ratings and Liz published hers first. Ouch.

I half expected Liz and Nic to start their own podcast. I guess if they have fallen out that won't happen. Although I am sure it isn't the first time Nic has had enough of Liz.

Reactions: 8
Wait wait ... if you go to the Amazon UK listing for A Moment on the Lips there is a quote from Liz herself saying it's a wonderful book!

I haven't read it but judging from the page, while it does have some basic similarities to Liz's novel (focuses on weight loss and a character's husband has left her) these are all chick-lit staples. It is also about a group of friends who meet at a slimming club while Liz's novel is self-absorbed tripe about one woman losing a lot of weight through liposuction - which you can't do, you'd need bariatric surgery, but that might require Liz to actually do some research! And I bet A Moment on the Lips doesn't contain casual racism or comments about disabled people either

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Wait wait ... if you go to the Amazon UK listing for A Moment on the Lips there is a quote from Liz herself saying it's a wonderful book!

I haven't read it but judging from the page, while it does have some basic similarities to Liz's novel (focuses on weight loss and a character's husband has left her) these are all chick-lit staples. It is also about a group of friends who meet at a slimming club while Liz's novel is self-absorbed tripe about one woman losing a lot of weight through liposuction - which you can't do, you'd need bariatric surgery, but that might require Liz to actually do some research! And I bet A Moment on the Lips doesn't contain casual racism or comments about disabled people either

I missed the quote, I bet that was given through gritted teeth. I agree A Moment on the Lips seems to be more about friendships which Liz would struggle with. according to the reviews it is funny. I might read it and see how it compares. 😅
---
4F53A780-A397-461C-A9ED-F8888CBB76BC.png
876736E9-23C1-4441-A9F5-A7AC731DCCB0.jpeg

Not sure if I managed to attach them, but I just had a stalk of the author on Instagram and their style seems similar to Liz from the sample they posted. I hadnt been aware that Liz self published her book she made it sound like it was all via an agent and publisher on her podcast. I do not profess to know a lot about either but is this why it hasn't sold very many copies? And why is she having to sell her new book in America?
---
Not sure how I did that. Sorry I was trying to send a new post.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 1