Liz Jones #2 Nobody puts the Myla Thong in a corner!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think I've said before I worked at the same company at the time (not on MC) and I just remember everyone saying she was super timid and just hid in her office the whole time and refused to speak to anyone. Then eventually befriended the PA or some other junior staffer and clung to her like the ship was sinking (which it kinda was 🥴) She really wasn't a good fit for the job
Was it Kerry who she said was her PA at Marie Claire and was her best friend for years?

Reactions: 3
I think we (the general public are going to be stuck with these articles from her for quite a while). She always mentions she hasn't got a work/ private pension. Her pension was in her home but of course people exploited her generosity so now she is left with nothing. ........

It really gets very tedious with this because even when she admits her profligacy and mis management with money it is followed by family, sister, friends, ex husbands using her financially and how she can no longer trust people and has to turn to animals for comfort.

Reactions: 2
duck my old boots... I just stumbled on this house ad in Metro. They evidently decided to save a few quid on retouching. I thought it was an ad for Wicked at first...
She's wearing so much eyeliner! I can never understand what makes women of a certain age outline their eyes in harsh black - it's so ageing, draws attention to crepey skin and to bloodshot eyes - but so many of them persist.
Are they still seeing a 22 year old rock chick when they look in the mirror, same as the ones who keep dyeing their hair ink black long after a softer tone would have had a kinder effect on their features?

Reactions: 9
duck my old boots... I just stumbled on this house ad in Metro. They evidently decided to save a few quid on retouching. I thought it was an ad for Wicked at first...
Has someone badly photoshopped her face into Hagrid's hair and then stuck it on a random body? It looks oddly flat and not quite right around her right forehead area (our left).

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Has someone badly photoshopped her face into Hagrid's hair and then stuck it on a random body? It looks oddly flat and not quite right around her right forehead area (our left).
I think she might have Poundland fillers in her cheeks?

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I think I've said before I worked at the same company at the time (not on MC) and I just remember everyone saying she was super timid and just hid in her office the whole time and refused to speak to anyone. Then eventually befriended the PA or some other junior staffer and clung to her like the ship was sinking (which it kinda was 🥴) She really wasn't a good fit for the job
That’s interesting, so she had a previous ‘Nic’as a crutch for her insecurity? The line she likes to sell is that she wanted to use fuller figured models rather than emaciated ones and the debate over that led to her sacking?
Therefore she appears earnest and politically correct.
Nah..I think she just wasn’t up to the grade.Having the savvy to negotiate with a wide range of staff and their personalities? No way.
She is seduced by the idea of being in the public eye, being a famous magazine editor would have aligned with her ‘grandiose’ idea of herself. The quivering,insecure self-obsessed Liz would have been bound to fail.
She has been extremely lucky though to ever have commanded such a salary? Incredible really…

Is this before or after she got transplanted fanny hair or wherever into her eyebrows?
I truly cannot wait to see the new eyebrows. I imagine that they look like these
2539C93B-F4E2-466F-A71C-800C23EB9BA0.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
I absolutely agree that there was a certain type of boss, certainly in the Media marketplace at that time that were absolute harpies.
In my experience, this tended to be for one of two reasons: either they thought it was mirroring what they saw as inherently 'male' behaviours and getting it completely wrong or because they had been promoted beyond their abilities and, rather than use their team to mask their shortcomings, ruled via a culture of fear, ultimately highlighting their inability to manage. I am pretty confident Jonesey's downfall was due to the latter.
I had one who told me to wear short skirts and tight tops to get ahead in the workplace, and to not wear my glasses to appear more attractive :) I don’t dislike her for it, it’s a generational thing- so glad the world is more accepting now

Also I’m past my early career and wouldn’t put up with it but are bosses even ALLOWED to scream at and bully you any more? Pretty sure HR wasn’t as big in the 90s

Reactions: 6
I had one who told me to wear short skirts and tight tops to get ahead in the workplace, and to not wear my glasses to appear more attractive :) I don’t dislike her for it, it’s a generational thing- so glad the world is more accepting now

Also I’m past my early career and wouldn’t put up with it but are bosses even ALLOWED to scream at and bully you any more? Pretty sure HR wasn’t as big in the 90s
Lol I think we may have shared the same boss. I was told off for wearing trousers as men like to look at legs and god forbid I gained any weight I was accused of letting myself go. But you are right the work place has changed massively in my opinion which is great. Also the younger ones will absolutely not put up with it at all. Another reason they are so disliked I think. They don't let things like that slide.

Reactions: 7

Ha ha! I had a woman boss who told me the opposite!! That I shouldn’t look attractive, wear bright colours or too short hemlines. I was told to look corporate and professional as being attractive to men distracted from purpose!! I was reminded of my schooldays as I went to a Catholic school!
She was a proper Kook.. and hated anyone who was thinner or had better legs than her. We called her ‘Cankles’.
That was decades ago when I was starting out in Organisational Development Department of huge public body.

Reactions: 5
Dreary. All this didn't happen so much it unhappenned things that did.
Oh this is balderdash! The dialogue, the dialogue.. sigh. She covered herself by saying noone in bar at time and waitress didn’t recognise him. So at Yorkshire’s apparent foodie paradise there’s not a person in for lunch? She got in ‘Navy Gray’, ‘Artisanal sour dough’… oh she makes me heave.
I’m off to make my aged parent a steak pie for his lunch. Thanks for that @Mediastar.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.