Liz Jones #2 Nobody puts the Myla Thong in a corner!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes sorry the collies were at this inn not the festival - I misheard cuz Nic was reading the column with Liz talking over her

Reactions: 2
What dross. She practically described the chilli greenhouse and deer park room of the pig in Somerset..now it’s The Talbot Inn in Yorkshire…..zzzzzzzzzzz
It’s nowhere though is it? I don’t even believe David has been in touch.

Reactions: 5
She's trying to make him jealous - the whole "I have moved on" and another excuse to insult him in print. Is it any surprise he thought she was complaining about the wrong size when she has constantly bitched and moaned about him buying her size 12 clothes / lingerie (i.e. her actual size) rather than 8

It’s weird Liz is so loyal to the Mail which is a bit Middle England and she thinks she’s so sophisticated and cosmopolitan- she must have tried to pitch to the better broadsheets but obviously they wouldn’t have her :)

well the whole dreary is flawed, so on Friday in the plodcast she talks about the size fat dress..then in the diary, David, dismayed that he offended the dainty liz, tells her to get it altered..though why she would do that is anyone's guess, she looks around a size 12, which, is not fat. So a bit of a timeline issue there.

Andrea, her awesome friend, of who we have never heard anything about before, but gets wheeled out to bring champagne, pay for lunch, walk the dogs, then leave before becoming a nuisance. That was entirely performative... see, see I do have friends that I don't slag off...yeah yeah, only the imaginary ones in her head.

Not even starting on the fake rock star, I'm only half way down my first coffee, weak person that I am, and cannot process any more rubbish at this point.

Reactions: 7
I have seen this woman in RL. I very much doubt a Q of men wants any attention from her, let alone those in film or rock who have access to a lot of good looking women. Liz is a pensioner now even if mentally she is stuck in her teenage years.
Due to the pension age having increased for women, she won't be a pensioner for another two years. I take your point that she's no spring chicken, though.

Reactions: 1
So that last throwaway ‘I’m hoping he’s booked a room’… that’s the whole next duplicit BS? He won’t book a room,(cos he doesn’t exist) she’ll fallout(with no one)and the King of Co-Dependency David will come to the rescue.
I do think she’s trying to get a reaction from him, make him jealous.. but why? As soon as she sees him she despises him again.
They are jointly scraping the bottom of each other’s barrels! That’s not a euphemism for sex but it could be…

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Not even sure it's about David anymore, I think he is long gone and unlikely ever to return to her orbit..remember he does have genuine friends who care about him and a family, why the heck would he want toxic jones anywhere near him? Nah she's just struggling to file copy, and the more fantasy people she can involve, the better as she thinks it makes her look like she's got this full and interesting life...she doesn't.

Liz probably could still be attractive to men (easing off the Midnight Storm would help) but she won't because her personality is so toxic

Reactions: 3
Not even sure it's about David anymore, I think he is long gone and unlikely ever to return to her orbit..remember he does have genuine friends who care about him and a family, why the heck would he want toxic jones anywhere near him? Nah she's just struggling to file copy, and the more fantasy people she can involve, the better as she thinks it makes her look like she's got this full and interesting life...she doesn't.
I think the fact that he really has moved on really boils her piss... and she is determined to make him pay! She has duck all else going on!
Btw... when her new bestie came to stay... where did she stay? Jonesey only has one usable bedroom the other being her *ahem* office (https://www.rightmove.co.uk/propert...tm_source=copytoclipboard#/&channel=RES_BUY)?

Reactions: 6
I think the fact that he really has moved on really boils her piss... and she is determined to make him pay! She has duck all else going on!
Btw... when her new bestie came to stay... where did she stay? Jonesey only has one usable bedroom the other being her *ahem* office (https://www.rightmove.co.uk/propert...tm_source=copytoclipboard#/&channel=RES_BUY)?
But Irish Belfast Andrea might not exist? Just like Scottish Rockstar or half famous Irish person who met her on walks.
She’s so London, South East focused in her psyche and writing that these parts of the country are not verifiable or cogent for her. If she thinks we don’t exist, we don’t exist.
Hmm.. the Talbot Inn is not the zeitgeist of eating in Yorkshire. There are the holiest of beautiful places to eat there? The North is not defined by Liz Jones. It rails against her judgement lol.

• Heart
Noticed that she’s tweeting about women being ‘dragged’ by other women.. bullies, trolls, mumsnetetc. She’s referring to an article by Polly Vernon who was apparently’dragged’ online by her reporting of Amber Heard.
Big difference Vernon wrote about a trial happening in real time. Liz Jones writes about fantasy lovers and situations that have never happened and disrespects her readers by doing so.

Reactions: 4
I knew a woman who had Liz as a boss in the late 90s. She found her fair up to a point, for example she didn't agree with unpaid internerships or anything like that but she explained to me that she had an axe to grind about a lot of things mainly at that time period: women who took maternity leave or mentioned that they had children at all.

My friend could never understand as to why Liz got so enraged because as she would say you would think the way she goes on its coming out of her wages directly. She took it as a personal affront. Lol

But I think a lot of it has to do with a generational divide. Unfortunately I had a lot of female bosses like Liz when I was starting out. They were especially prevalent in fashion, music, PR and in the legal profession. Looking back I can see that it was their way of testing me but they could be brutal. I mean that. Absolute savages.

I can see the work environment as very macho back then and you were expected to take your lumps. I am glad that there is a cultural shift but as much as Liz goes on about being a trail blazer she is very Conservative and parochial in her view points.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I knew a woman who had Liz as a boss in the late 90s. She found her fair up to a point, for example she didn't agree with unpaid internerships or anything like that but she explained to me that she had an axe to grind about a lot of things mainly at that time period: women who took maternity leave or mentioned that they had children at all.

My friend could never understand as to why Liz got so enraged because as she would say you would think the way she goes on its coming out of her wages directly. She took it as a personal affront. Lol

But I think a lot of it has to do with a generational divide. Unfortunately I had a lot of female bosses like Liz when I was starting out. They were especially prevalent in fashion, music, PR and in the legal profession. Looking back I can see that it was their way of testing me but they could be brutal. I mean that. Absolute savages.

I can see the work environment as very macho back then and you were expected to take your lumps. I am glad that there is a cultural shift but as much as Liz goes on about being a trail blazer she is very Conservative and parochial in her view points.
I absolutely agree that there was a certain type of boss, certainly in the Media marketplace at that time that were absolute harpies.
In my experience, this tended to be for one of two reasons: either they thought it was mirroring what they saw as inherently 'male' behaviours and getting it completely wrong or because they had been promoted beyond their abilities and, rather than use their team to mask their shortcomings, ruled via a culture of fear, ultimately highlighting their inability to manage. I am pretty confident Jonesey's downfall was due to the latter.

Reactions: 10
I absolutely agree that there was a certain type of boss, certainly in the Media marketplace at that time that were absolute harpies.
In my experience, this tended to be for one of two reasons: either they thought it was mirroring what they saw as inherently 'male' behaviours and getting it completely wrong or because they had been promoted beyond their abilities and, rather than use their team to mask their shortcomings, ruled via a culture of fear, ultimately highlighting their inability to manage. I am pretty confident Jonesey's downfall was due to the latter.
Oh yes you have summed it up so well. Looking back they were so toxic and it was framed in the sense that they were 'helping ' you as you had to be 'tough 'to survive. But it was gas lighting - I know that now.
My first boss, a woman who was similar to Jones said to me that I looked like I ' would be in the toilets crying every 5 mins' and she had no time to 'babysit me'. I notice the same traits in liz jones. She frame's everything with this false sense that she actually cares about women but I think she loathes them. I saw that with the whole Rihanna debate. She can't fathom that a woman could be carefree and happy in her own skin.

Reactions: 8
One issue with Liz Jones is that unless The Mail has a complete change of personnel I think she will still be there.

I don't know how many people still read her colums and articles. I used to read her but stopped around 2010 when she went through a spate of writing about her money troubles -credit card debt and 'money pit' house in Somerset. I couldn't stomach it anymore.

I think the straw that broke the camels back was I was on Job Seekers Allowance at the time and The Mail ran an article entitled Can Liz Jones survive on Job Seekers Allowance for a week? It was such a piss take that I just couldn't read anymore. She was so provocative, talking about how she always puts the heating on and walks around in a t shirt in the house. Oh and she tried to get on a bus and pay with cash but she was laughed at because she didn't know how to use an Oyster card in London.

It was so performative. Really showed her up as it read like some lark.

Liz has explicitly said that she thinks Marie Claire treated her poorly by putting her under pressure to increase sales. What does she think the editor's job involves? Maybe it was a kind of "glass cliff" situation i.e. where a woman is promoted to leadership when the company is already failing, so that she can take the blame and they can justify not hiring a woman at that level again (I think most of Marie Claire UK's editors were female, but it's possible Liz was hired despite being unsuitable so she would be a convenient scapegoat for the magazine's problems.) If that's the case, I can see why she's angry but generally it seems she's just a very bitter person who hates it when other women are happy

PS Nic, we know you're reading - no, I'm not saying Liz wasn't qualified or experienced or that she wasn't kind to her staff etc. But to be an editor of a major publication you need to have certain qualities and be focused on the right things (including sales) which it seems she wasn't

I think she maybe came in at the end of the hey day of the glossy magazines such as Marie Claire. But she was fairly compensated for her time there and got a generous severance package. Obviously maybe not up to her standards but that's only because she spends so much.

She also regularly earned more than a 6 figure salary. For a very long time.

Reactions: 4
Liz has explicitly said that she thinks Marie Claire treated her poorly by putting her under pressure to increase sales. What does she think the editor's job involves? Maybe it was a kind of "glass cliff" situation i.e. where a woman is promoted to leadership when the company is already failing, so that she can take the blame and they can justify not hiring a woman at that level again (I think most of Marie Claire UK's editors were female, but it's possible Liz was hired despite being unsuitable so she would be a convenient scapegoat for the magazine's problems.) If that's the case, I can see why she's angry but generally it seems she's just a very bitter person who hates it when other women are happy

PS Nic, we know you're reading - no, I'm not saying Liz wasn't qualified or experienced or that she wasn't kind to her staff etc. But to be an editor of a major publication you need to have certain qualities and be focused on the right things (including sales) which it seems she wasn't
I think I've said before I worked at the same company at the time (not on MC) and I just remember everyone saying she was super timid and just hid in her office the whole time and refused to speak to anyone. Then eventually befriended the PA or some other junior staffer and clung to her like the ship was sinking (which it kinda was 🥴) She really wasn't a good fit for the job

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.