Liz Jones #2 Nobody puts the Myla Thong in a corner!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks for your resilience at listening to that Witchofwestbyfleet! A liking for small girlish pretty men,(Prince, David Cassidy etc) a Keira Knightley box fest and a determined hatred of sex with men… as well as tons of other stuff. Is Liz Jones confused about her sexuality? Would her apparently awful life events have happened if she’d accepted she might be gay or bisexual or at least explored this?
I also want to add my opinion that if she’d lived in the Weimar Republic, given the opinions she’s voiced to date. She would have been a card carrying Nazi!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
OMFG Carrie Bradshaw is NOT a real person and any parallels with this fictional character and your own trainwreck of a life is only in your own imagination.

The dreary was dire today (well it is every week) but I couldn't even focus on the full thing, especially when she went into comparing her life with Carrie Bradshaw's. Does she not realise how utterly unhinged she comes across when waffling on about how "similar" they are. Mind you considering that Jones claims to be a confessional journalist who only writes the truth, it has been proved many a time that she does not. Look at the bankruptcy proceedings where she claimed in the column that the insolvency people were questioning her so called truthful column as it made her appear that she had far more money than she was telling them, that she said that everything in the column was fictitious to portray her as a specific type of person to her readers, which is probably the most truthful thing she's ever written.

Oh and she's happy to be single again (after taking another snipe at David) though I imagine that will only last til the next column where she is desperately trying to hook up with some other random stranger for sex, then spend the next few columns wailing about how it's soooo unfair, why does it always happen to her, why can't she have nice things, when said bloke does a runner as fast as he can.

Reactions: 7
The dreary was dire today (well it is every week) but I couldn't even focus on the full thing, especially when she went into comparing her life with Carrie Bradshaw's. Does she not realise how utterly unhinged she comes across when waffling on about how "similar" they are.
It’s concerning to say the least. She actually seems to think Carrie Bradshaw is a real person and a role model? Bizarro! I have given up trying to predict what direction the column will veer off on each week. Last week it was ( according to LJ) a ‘Dating Column’ now it’s a hymn to singledom 😩
Perhaps the hotly anticipated date with the Vegan Photographer went pear shaped… again.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
And… here’s the one from 2005!!! It doesn’t exist online anymore.. just here. Have cut and pasted so v. long! She is Pinocchios mother!

Just flagging this as I think it should be in the wiki - it’s such a blatant provable lie. I’ll see if I can find the deets…

Found it! Was printed in the Mail and then re,over.
she later pretends she meets him again in the Dreary:(@Nordic)

"Liz,' the northern voice on the other end of the phone said. 'It's David Scrace.' This is someone I hadn't spoken to for 22 years. My first proper, proper love, someone I would have given anything in order to make him love me back.

We arranged to meet for lunch. I spent hours getting ready.

Would I be a disappointment after all these years? He had sent me a text saying he hoped he wouldn't be a disappointment.

Because he had never dumped me, I had never got over him. He was my, 'What if?' I remember what it was like, loving him.

It was a fierce longing I have never felt since.

When we met I was 20, 21 and he was 32. If he had only succumbed to my charms, I could have had a happier life, been, well, normal. I would probably even have a giant teenager by now.

I got to the restaurant early.

'Your guest is already here,' said the ma"tre d'. I looked over at the small man at the bar. He had really long, grey hair but the twinkle in the eyes was still there. We hugged. We sat down. I told him I wanted some answers, closure. He looked scared.
For Cathrin.....

'Did you know I loved you?' I asked him. 'No, I didn't have a clue,' he said. 'But even your best friend guessed,' I persisted. 'He never mentioned it,' he replied. (What do men talk about?) I asked him if I had actually told him how I felt, would he have gone out with me? 'No,' he said. 'You just weren't my type. You really had a lucky escape. I'm a complete waste of space.

It would have ended badly.' He told me he had got married in 1985, had a son, Ben, now 18, and then his marriage broke up because he had an affair. He lived in France for few years, but is now back in London, with a new girlfriend, Paola, who is two years younger than I am. 'Did you realise our trip to see Siouxsie and the Banshees was a date?' I asked him. 'Um, no. I don't remember even going, to be honest.' He commented on the fact I must be really successful. 'Yes, well, I threw myself into work when I couldn't have you,' I said, which was true. Plus, my self-esteem had taken a mortal blow.

When I got home, I cried for my 21-year-old self. If I had known then what I know now - that David would marry two years later, that I would wait 20 years before I found someone who loved me back - I would have given up there and then. If I think of all the time and effort I put into making him love me - the squash lessons, the concert tickets - and for what?

I had reminded him that at the party I held in 1983, just so that I could invite him, he had got off with my friend Wilma.

'How on earth is she?' he had said as I paid the bill. I asked if he thought I had changed. 'You still have the same hairstyle. To be honest, I hadn't even remembered your name,' he said, walking out of my life all over again."

Publication dated 9th October 2005.
So going by this article David is 10-12 years older than her? So he's now in his mid 70s? And she wonders why he won't change his habits for her! Not only that but in the article that was in the Mail when they got engaged there were photos of them together and if he is 12 years older than her then all I can say is that he has worn far better than she has, even with all her spa treatments etc!

Reactions: 5
This is taking into account the fact that David isn't in very good health

Unrelated thought: Liz has said she was in a school production of the musical The Matchgirls as elderly "Mrs P" who she thought was Emmeline Pankhurst. She later recycled the story as an am-dram production for The Exmoor Files. I do think she might have been in the show when she was at school, at that time it would be fairly recent whereas now it's largely forgotten. It is about an 1888 strike by women in a match factory, why does Liz think Emmeline Pankhurst was an old lady working in a match factory at that time?

Last edited:
So going by this article David is 10-12 years older than her? So he's now in his mid 70s? And she wonders why he won't change his habits for her!
I think David is 71 or so? She’s 64 this year.. he’s far from perfect but has artery probs which she either berates him about or pretends to be concerned. It’s as if she transports them both back in a Tardis to 1980 when she first fancied him? The fact that he can’t live up to his 30 year old self disappoints her.

why does Liz think Emmeline Pankhurst was an old lady working in a match factory at that time?
You know, she is seriously ignorant? Her lack of common general knowledge or even basic reading comes through in her column. India Knight, Caitlin Moran, Vine(love them or loathe them!) are far better read. I can only imagine that she has always been so self absorbed that she’s had no real interest in history or current affairs. I don’t know how she could have reported from Somalia or gleaned any in depth background from the situation there? Even basic science.. she thought VD could be transmitted through food products??
It’s not about going to University or anything like that, she seems to lack curiosity about any topic or person that doesn’t directly affect her.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
She doesn't seem to notice or care that a lot of her rivals for column inches, and famous women she expresses admiration/jealousy of, are all educated and well-read. It's not about class or classism either, Nic is working class and she reads a lot (something Liz laughs at) and takes an interest in things. Sarah Jessica Parker promotes reading and the value of education. Liz says she isn't shallow because she has reported on so many serious subjects yet when she does, she always seems to relate it back to herself ie the Somalia article where she compared the plight of starving refugees to eating disorders in the fashion industry

Last edited:
Oh god and who can forget the Joanna Yeats piece, that was awful she might as well have gone an murdered the poor woman again, feeling bad for her for having a tesco pizza, not forgetting her moans about the bridge tolbooth not accepting white company buttons as payment.

who can forget the Joanna Yeats piece, that was awful she might as well have gone an murdered the poor woman again, feeling bad for her for having a tesco pizza, not forgetting her moans about the bridge tolbooth not accepting white company buttons as payment.
I read that piece again and felt the same shudder I had felt first time round. She’s trying to place herself in the poor girls world and failing miserably because she’s absolutely no compassion or empathy?People quite rightly thought it was a spoof .. Here it is below if anyone hasn’t read it.

Definitely one of Liz's greatest hits. In the space of just one article she:
  • Complained the police weren't doing anything to solve the murder (not true, this was just before they caught the killer)
  • While also complaining about action they'd taken to protect local residents i.e. installing brighter street lamps
  • Attempted to psychoanalyse the victim on the basis of her pizza
  • Implied her death wouldn't be so bad if she'd been drinking at a nicer pub
  • Name-dropped Space NK, The White Company, and others
  • Insulted a bunch of people she didn't know
  • Made up a completely bollocks story about the bridge, a button, and a heroic taxi driver
  • And tried to equate someone's horrible murder to the problem of not having enough change for the toll

• Angry
Reactions: 12
Definitely one of Liz's greatest hits. In the space of just one article she:
  • Complained the police weren't doing anything to solve the murder (not true, this was just before they caught the killer)
  • While also complaining about action they'd taken to protect local residents i.e. installing brighter street lamps
  • Attempted to psychoanalyse the victim on the basis of her pizza
  • Implied her death wouldn't be so bad if she'd been drinking at a nicer pub
  • Name-dropped Space NK, The White Company, and others
  • Insulted a bunch of people she didn't know
  • Made up a completely bollocks story about the bridge, a button, and a heroic taxi driver
  • And tried to equate someone's horrible murder to the problem of not having enough change for the toll
Agreed. This was a new low, even for Jones.
I remember cringing as I read it.
On the subject of her ‘greatest hits’ remember the one where she pled poverty & naive people sent her money?
I’ll see if I can find it…

Here we are:
Unbelievable.

• Angry
Reactions: 8
That is sickening in the extreme. She lied loads of times after that saying ‘noone helped me when I was bankrupt’
She should have given it back, every penny.

Reactions: 3
OMG and yet she never mentions any of these people when she starts her woe is me whining, that no one ever helps her, no one cares etc etc what a witch

Plodding Through the Plodcast. Cut for length. Warning: extra hateful this week.

"In Which Liz Loses Her Crowning Glory" OMG! Liz's head has fallen off!

Liz has found something she likes! It's This is Going to Hurt. She hates criticism of the show as sexist, though. Liz knows mothers are evil so what difference does it make if they are treated poorly? Liz witches and whines that it's "wrong" to assume we can go through life without pain or discomfort and insults women who are unhappy about the menopause. She also complains that if women want to see something from the perspective of a woman giving birth, they should write and produce it themselves. Liz, the fact that you do not watch something doesn't mean it does not exist.

Liz totally isn't sexist though because she is a fan of one of the actresses on the show. She insults "all the mums and feminists" for getting angry about poor treatment of women in labour but not of animals - referring to an episode of Panorama about the dairy industry. She says "why don't you have empathy for something that's about OTHER MUMS, not YOU?" I'll tell you why, you rancid old crone: Because, while both causes can overlap, feminism generally focuses on human women. She'd soon be complaining if someone said "why don't animal rights activists ever talk about child labour? If you don't want young horses or livestock being worked to death, you shouldn't want human children to be either!" Liz has been trying to pester well known feminists on Twitter to support her, Nic whines that it's "shocking" they didn't respond.

More general whining from Liz about feminism and "why doesn't it include EVERYBODY?" Neither feminism, nor any other social movement has the resources to cater to absolutely everything and everyone. Liz thinks "you're either a nice person or you're not" and if you're a "nice" person, you somehow have the capacity to deal with everything at once. They both talk about "why won't these feminists respond to something that MATTERS?" Well we all know that no one else matters to these two, don't we?

Nic complains about Valentine's Day with her boyfriend. She whines that he didn't get her anything and wanted to have a takeaway at home rather than take her out. He then fell asleep and complained it was too late to watch a film together. She "fantasised about cutting his bits off like Lorena Bobbitt." There's more repetition of "chippy!" and "BLOCK! BLOCK! BLOCK!"

But Liz, of course, has had a worse week than Nic or indeed anyone ever. She is now "bald." She says she's "not a vain person" and "doesn't really care about herself." She insists that her hair fell out in clumps after washing it one day. That's probably a combination of Midnight Storm, and poor nutrition. She does seem upset about her hair and talks about how much it meant to her, I'm truly sorry for that although a mention of liking to tickle naked men with her hair makes me wince. She went to the GP and was told it was probably due to a serious illness she had months ago. So she has stopped taking her medication, against the doctor's advice, because she's decided it must be the medication even though the doctor said it wasn't.

Liz goes back to a rant about how she was divorced and cheated on, her family abandoned her because "she stopped paying for things." Nic mentions she is sorry for a friend who's lost her hair because of chemotherapy and Liz sneers "is she really a friend?" Shut up, Liz. Nic says something about "Mercury in retrograde." Anyway the archive is one of Liz's "happy" columns. Wow! Is there one? It's about a 1980s exhibition at the V&A she attended. She says "by the time the 1980s were over, so were my ovaries and my optimism." At the end of the 80s Liz was 30, she apparently thinks women are incapable of childbearing past this age - having previously said that having a baby past 30 is selfish because "your eggs have shrivelled!" This is despite the fact that she tried to get pregnant in her 40s without her partner's consent, and that she was born when her own mother was 39.

Anyway the rest of the column is Liz talking about 80s fashion and brands, her usual stuff. It's not that bad, after all she is a fashion writer. Part of this section is rendered inaudible by "Mini Puppy" causing chaos. Liz talks about her crush on Adam Ant and how she dressed like him during the 80s and in retrospect thinks this is why men weren't interested in her. There's a reference to her "having her breasts cut off." We also get a detailed inventory of, oh, every designer item Liz bought in the 1980s. Liz witches about modern day designers and how clothes are no longer good quality because manufacturing has been outsourced. There's enough brand name-dropping to make Stephen King blush.

We finish with letters - and some comments on Liz's column - about how they're older ladies and enjoy being single on Valentine's Day. Nic whines again about her selfish partner and says she thinks sharing a bath is unhygienic. Liz finishes with her usual "if you enjoyed listening to Liz Jones's Podcast ..." We never enjoy it, Liz.

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 10
LMAO.. it sounds as if she was trying to get everyone she hates into one podcast. Laughing that she was trying to bait Moran and Burchill and nobody replied😂
As for the hair, there are pics of her a decade ago with baldy bits.. she’s had fair warning. Another crush.. ( isn’t she a bit old for Adam Ant??) I loved the group and Liz has got nearly a decade on me!
Talking of crushes re the hunk Nige! He was possibly another stalking/ idealised victim, his name is Nigel Wright and he worked in Fleet Street papers and mags before he moved to Australia in 2000. Knowing her form she probably spotted him at a shoot and Bob’s your uncle..after years of longing( and possible online predatory behaviour!) he was chosen to go to Bangladesh with her.
What happened to pub, work, party,mutual friends as a way to meet someone? Is meeting someone briefly then tracking them covertly for decades the new norm😧😧😧
Thankyou Witchofwestbyfleet.. kudos to your continued resilience!

• Heart
Hiya - somewhat late to this party, but...

Yes, Andrew G. Doe is my real name... yes, I am the Beach Boys fan... yes, I did send that complaint to Steph, and she copied it to Jones. Steph claims she never told her my name, but got a bit arsey when I pointed out that no-one else could have. I complained to the IPSO, they passed that on to the Wail while considering their judgement (jury still out) and just over a week ago I got a Bibically condescending response from the editor, Robyn Kelly. Sadly, I can't simply repost the message here - aside from any legal considerations, it would be hypocrital in the extreme - but reference was made to serious baseless allegations against guess who. My reply pointed out that what I said was neither baseless nor allegations, as all I'd done was to repeat what Jones had said in Kelly's very own publication down the years: that her dog did kill a sheep, and savage a cat, that she did leave her dogs in a car on the hottest day of that year (a vet was about to call the police) and that all her dogs were barely trained and prone to chewing furniture, not to mention crapping where they saw fit. I may also have said that Jones herself was a proven liar. Oddly, no reply as of today.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
I have no damn idea how she puts all this stuff right there in print and just expects no one to challenge it. I agree with the person who suggested that she doesn't quite realise that the internet allows people to look up anything she wrote (Despite her propensity for internet-stalking - this is a widely used slang term Liz, I'm not calling you an actual stalker - herself, i.e. poor Russell and the guy whose house she eyed up on Google Earth)

This is what gets me, in this time of being cancelled for something you tweeted 8 yrs ago, yet she spouts her bile on a regular basis and everyone just shrugs their shoulders and on she goes.

Sorry you had such a hard time of @Bellagio10452 that is a terrible response from Robyn Kelly, what a cop out, well I hope that it won't be long til Liz really does blot her copybook and as we know that can come right out of nowhere these days, and Robyn Kelly won't have any option but to retire the old cow out to pasture. And she is a liar, she lies about everything, one tiny insignificant encounter can create a huge fiction, then as time goes on just keep changing the narrative, it wasn't true to begin with so who cares if it is now.

Thanks for the podcast recap @witchofwestbyfleet I didn't have the energy to respond, not been well all week, but what a load of contrived crap..god even the animal rights activists want nothing to do with her and her stupid ideas, then again they'll probably be fully aware that our animal loving lizzie is as toxic to those rescue animals as many of their adversaries are to the causes they care about

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.