Little things in life that annoy you immensely #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t think it’s about tapping in the number at all? Literally takes two seconds
Could be paranoia, I use pay at pump when it's available, that's assuming I can get a receipt.

Reactions: 2
The way these insta mummy’s go on about the baby years with misty eyes and as if it’s the best bit of parenting. Babies are cute but older kids are great too! They can finally do the things you wanted them to do when they were tiny. You can have a laugh with them. All this constant ‘looking back’ does my head in. One of my friends on Facebook (I use the term friend loosely) was going on about her daughter as a baby as if she had actually died. She hadn’t, she’s alive and well, she’s just 6 now. Ffs I get so annoyed. Plus, 6 is still pretty young. I know that when your kids really are grown up to won’t just pine for them as a baby. 6 will seem tiny when they are going off to uni or whatever so just enjoy then whatever age they are and stop bangin on about it over social media.

Reactions: 11
Them people who come to the office full of a cold and I don't mean just the sniffles I mean a full on cold where their the face is puffed up, constant coughing and nose blowing. And then, just as you were looking forward to Easter Weekend because you have worked every Bank Holiday since last Easter you wake up on Good Friday streaming with a cold and feeling like you have a cactus stuck in your throat. I have been ill all weekend.

Or people who come in work and then say oh I have an upset stomach today....then you get home and are chained to the toilet all night 😫

Last one....doing an update on your phone and then 3 days later it asks you to do another one. Now I no longer have the drunk emoji..the face with the wiggly smile and drunk eyes.

When supermarket aisles are always blocked with stock cages
Supermarkets in general get on my nerves. The self service where you scan a packet of paracetamol and it takes ages for a member of staff to come and ok it.

Reactions: 10
People that insist that everyone should go to therapy - to the point of saying you can't have "healthy" relationships without it. I've had a mental illness and been to therapy, and my sister is a psychotherapist. Maybe it's just my personal experience but I don't think you really need therapy unless you have mental health problems, or something personal that's bothering you (social anxiety, relationships don't last etc.)

Reactions: 9
People that insist that everyone should go to therapy - to the point of saying you can't have "healthy" relationships without it. I've had a mental illness and been to therapy, and my sister is a psychotherapist. Maybe it's just my personal experience but I don't think you really need therapy unless you have mental health problems, or something personal that's bothering you (social anxiety, relationships don't last etc.)
My wife's niece is a bit like this, she lives in Dubai with her parents, she has had a very privileged life, but she has been watching too much American tv. She thinks that going to a therapist/counsellor is a status symbol.

She has not had any setbacks in life, I dread to think what will happen when she does.

Reactions: 3
Not being able to find stuff. We bought an Amazon fire stick a few months ago and lost the remote after a few weeks. Seriously can’t find it anywhere! Really need to just buy a new one.

Reactions: 4
Not being able to find stuff. We bought an Amazon fire stick a few months ago and lost the remote after a few weeks. Seriously can’t find it anywhere! Really need to just buy a new one.
Those things are nightmares to find. All one colour, really slippy and narrow. We lose ours most days. Hope it turns up.

Those things are nightmares to find. All one colour, really slippy and narrow. We lose ours most days. Hope it turns up.
Thanks. It must have been about 3 months ago when it first went missing, possibly more🤣 luckily we do have another fire stick but we wanted to be fancy and have one for upstairs and one for downstairs.

I have seen on Amazon you can get silicon covers for them in different colours. Might have to get some along with the new remote as it would probably make it easier to find.

Thanks. It must have been about 3 months ago when it first went missing, possibly more🤣 luckily we do have another fire stick but we wanted to be fancy and have one for upstairs and one for downstairs.

I have seen on Amazon you can get silicon covers for them in different colours. Might have to get some along with the new remote as it would probably make it easier to find.
Ooh, I'll get one of those. My daughter has taken to sliding the back on and off of ours so it's really loose. Thanks.

Ha! I have the remote but can't find the firestick. It can't be far away it must have fallen out f the TV.

• Haha
Them people who come to the office full of a cold and I don't mean just the sniffles I mean a full on cold where their the face is puffed up, constant coughing and nose blowing. And then, just as you were looking forward to Easter Weekend because you have worked every Bank Holiday since last Easter you wake up on Good Friday streaming with a cold and feeling like you have a cactus stuck in your throat. I have been ill all weekend.

Or people who come in work and then say oh I have an upset stomach today....then you get home and are chained to the toilet all night 😫

Last one....doing an update on your phone and then 3 days later it asks you to do another one. Now I no longer have the drunk emoji..the face with the wiggly smile and drunk eyes.

Supermarkets in general get on my nerves. The self service where you scan a packet of paracetamol and it takes ages for a member of staff to come and ok it.
And the same people that think they are amazing because they never call in sick 😡

Reactions: 9
People who spit in public, people who are incapable off putting there litter in the bin. And people who will play russian roulette and walk right in front off the road when your driving.

• Sick
Reactions: 15
Not being able to find stuff. We bought an Amazon fire stick a few months ago and lost the remote after a few weeks. Seriously can’t find it annywhere! Really need to just buy a new one.
I've just bought three (yes three) new Virgin remotes to try and solve the issue of those pesky kids us constantly losing it.

However during our most recent loss, #sadtimes, google told me you can press some button on the box down for a few seconds and the remote beeps! I'm quite looking forward to trying it. No help to you with your fire thingy though sorry!

Although...does the fire stick have an app that you can access a remote through?

• Haha
I've just bought three (yes three) new Virgin remotes to try and solve the issue of those pesky kids us constantly losing it.

However during our most recent loss, #sadtimes, google told me you can press some button on the box down for a few seconds and the remote beeps! I'm quite looking forward to trying it. No help to you with your fire thingy though sorry!

Although...does the fire stick have an app that you can access a remote through?
I've never looked at it, but yes, there is an app. On the play store at least.

When you ask for advice on something.

IE Making a water feature and you asked for help on what you need to do this.. what size pump etc

Reply...... It's not the size of the pump but the size of the water outlet.

And????

Eejits on the pavement cycling, on their phone not looking where they're going.

Reactions: 5
I was decluttering the other day and must've thrown one of my hearing aids out! Thankfully, I've managed to buy one secondhand which is exactly the same (it'll just need to be programmed fo rme), and work on my replacement earmold is underway, but I'm very annoyed at myself for being too overzealous with my clear-out. It's not the first time I've thrown something important out.

Reactions: 1
I was decluttering the other day and must've thrown one of my hearing aids out! Thankfully, I've managed to buy one secondhand which is exactly the same (it'll just need to be programmed fo rme), and work on my replacement earmold is underway, but I'm very annoyed at myself for being too overzealous with my clear-out. It's not the first time I've thrown something important out.
Me being a knobhead managed to throw away the charger for my Acer notebook, thinking it was the charger for a torch that didn't work.

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.