Little things in life that annoy you immensely #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When groups of people make no attempt to go single file. Dont worry, I'll just walk into oncoming traffic.

• Angry
Reactions: 62
People who use their kids for attention constantly but never seem to do anything themselves. I know quite a few people like this and I know it’s the ‘curse of the mum’ when your kids become your world and you lose yourself a bit. But it still grinds my gears.

This one ‘accidentally’ sent a video to a whats app group I’m on, purely to show off about something her child did. How do you accidentally send a video to a whole group 🤔 she had already sent it to other groups we’re both on. I massively cringed but also felt very sad for her. She never takes part in anything herself, always on the sidelines and will make comments if other adults take part in childish things (also known as having fun!!). Really annoys me. At least some people are having a go and a laugh!

Reactions: 14
When you type the wrong password but the website deletes your username/email so you have to type it all again

• Heart
Reactions: 39
When you waiting to cross the road to school, with 2 kids, in the rain, and about 20 cars go past and no-one let's you across. But they also going quite slowly, as they should be by a school but some don't 🤬, but not slow enough you can walk between them. Bloody selfish

• Sad
Reactions: 14
I mentioned insurance auto-renewals at the end of the last thread. After calling the insurance company yesterday, I would like to add incessantly long recorded information messages before you get through to anyone. Yesterday I had to sit through 4+ minutes of:

1. The Coronavirus heartwarming message 'we're here for you in these unprecedented times' blah blah blah
2. 'Did you know, you can find the answers to a lot of your questions on our website?' Your website is useless, that's why I'm ringing you
3. 'We want to offer the best possible customer service. Would you like to answer a short survey after this call, just say yes or no'. NO
4. The security check. They wanted policy number, date of birth, and the numbers from my postcode (the latter was something I was not expecting and something I needed more than 1 second thinking time for before the voice decided I was too slow and had to start all over again)
5. The Coronavirus get-out clause. 'Due to these unprecedented times, we are experiencing high call volumes, you may be waiting longer than usual.'

The whole of that was twice as long as the actual conversation with the adviser :rolleyes:

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 25
I mentioned insurance auto-renewals at the end of the last thread. After calling the insurance company yesterday, I would like to add incessantly long recorded information messages before you get through to anyone. Yesterday I had to sit through 4+ minutes of:

1. The Coronavirus heartwarming message 'we're here for you in these unprecedented times' blah blah blah
2. 'Did you know, you can find the answers to a lot of your questions on our website?' Your website is useless, that's why I'm ringing you
3. 'We want to offer the best possible customer service. Would you like to answer a short survey after this call, just say yes or no'. NO
4. The security check. They wanted policy number, date of birth, and the numbers from my postcode (the latter was something I was not expecting and something I needed more than 1 second thinking time for before the voice decided I was too slow and had to start all over again)
5. The Coronavirus get-out clause. 'Due to these unprecedented times, we are experiencing high call volumes, you may be waiting longer than usual.'

The whole of that was twice as long as the actual conversation with the adviser :rolleyes:
and then after you've entered all the security stuff into either the keypad or voice recognition system then the real person you finally get through to asks it all again!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Very annoyed. We live in Jaén, Spain and been waiting 3 days for a heating engineer to visit to sort out our pellet stove.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
When websites have captcha and you have to pick the squares with the traffic lights in them or something. Then you miss off a square because it just had a bit of the pole and you end up having to re-do the captcha five times.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
I’ve not read the whole thread and I’m guessing at least one of these will have been mentioned...

1. people who post videos of doing their hair or make up and do a stupid smirky smile while doing it
2. MLM people... of course you can earn £30,000 a month selling a crappy face cream

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Scam calls, I have had three phone calls today from different mobiles with an automated message saying they are ringing from the National Crime Organisation and they are going to suspend my national insurance number. I have not got beyond that on the message but had similar calls in the past from the tax office.

Reactions: 12
When websites have captcha and you have to pick the squares with the traffic lights in them or something. Then you miss off a square because it just had a bit of the pole and you end up having to re-do the captcha five times.
Also Captcha sites when they these use weird American expressions like "crosswalks" when they mean "zebra crossings".

And fire hydrants as well, whatever they are!

• Haha
Reactions: 21
The little lid within a lid of beauty creams. It’s impossible to lift it off without getting cream everywhere!

Reactions: 23
The little lid within a lid of beauty creams. It’s impossible to lift it off without getting cream everywhere!
Oh god yes it’s so annoying! Especially when you knock the little lid on the floor and you get cream on the floor 😠

Reactions: 10
When you type the wrong password but the website deletes your username/email so you have to type it all again
Or when you’re mid-typing out your password or email address and the red text angrily flashes up telling you THIS IS WRONG YOU HAVEN’T GOT AN @ SIGN IN YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS! yes I know, I haven’t finished typing itttt you psychopath

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Bank opening times during the pandemic. Mine is open 10am - 2pm Monday to Friday, and closed Saturday/Sunday. As a result the queue to get in is always massive.

Reactions: 11
When you are at work and ask a customer how they are out of courtesy, and they precede to actually tell you!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.