Little things in life that annoy you immensely #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is one I never understood. I used to work for a lovely little supermarket called Asda. You know, tiny place, barely any staff (obviously joking, it was a massive store with 100s of staff) I took a day off because I was really ill, could barely stand or walk and could hardly even talk and it was like an interrogation like 'oh, are you sure' 'you could just sit down' etc etc. And I was like...you what?! And then the next week I came back and they took me AWAY FROM THE JOB I WAS DOING to do a 'back to work interview' in which I think MI5 must've been waiting outside because I thought I was getting done for a murder. I could still barely talk at this point too btw. They wanted all the intense details of my illness and what specifically was wrong with me. And the 'manager' got the calendar up and went 'oh this looks strange doesn't it' because I was off 6 MONTHS EARLIER around the same date and he suggested I 'ask someone to cover my shift next time'. I only worked every Saturday anyway! After that I didn't take a day off again, I went in feeling like death but I couldn't face the anxiety of that interview ever again. I was absolutely terrified of being ill or needing time off, a 'higher up' manager had to tell me to take my holidays because I was so scared of having any time off (yes, even authorised holidays). How do companies get away with it? Supermarkets and shops especially, it's so unnecessary and intimidating.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 19
When I get a sudden craving for something (today chocolate milkshake) and then when I buy it I'm just like "meh". Going in the shop and buying it was better than the thing itself 😂

Reactions: 11
The fact some places are still only operating a limited menu. Been craving a greggs Mexican wrap for well over a year now!! I can't see why this is still an issue a year on...

Reactions: 8
I'm all for women making money and owning their own businesses but why do so many have to start things up that are basically just trying to flog stuff to their friends??!

Reactions: 17
The fact some places are still only operating a limited menu. Been craving a greggs Mexican wrap for well over a year now!! I can't see why this is still an issue a year on...
What annoyed me most about reduced menu options was dominos not offering create your own at one point (I can order it now.) as though it was so much harder to put a personal selection of toppings over their menu choices when everything is made fresh. They must of had lots of complaints as it was utterly ridiculous.

Reactions: 2
This is one I never understood. I used to work for a lovely little supermarket called Asda. You know, tiny place, barely any staff (obviously joking, it was a massive store with 100s of staff) I took a day off because I was really ill, could barely stand or walk and could hardly even talk and it was like an interrogation like 'oh, are you sure' 'you could just sit down' etc etc. And I was like...you what?! And then the next week I came back and they took me AWAY FROM THE JOB I WAS DOING to do a 'back to work interview' in which I think MI5 must've been waiting outside because I thought I was getting done for a murder. I could still barely talk at this point too btw. They wanted all the intense details of my illness and what specifically was wrong with me. And the 'manager' got the calendar up and went 'oh this looks strange doesn't it' because I was off 6 MONTHS EARLIER around the same date and he suggested I 'ask someone to cover my shift next time'. I only worked every Saturday anyway! After that I didn't take a day off again, I went in feeling like death but I couldn't face the anxiety of that interview ever again. I was absolutely terrified of being ill or needing time off, a 'higher up' manager had to tell me to take my holidays because I was so scared of having any time off (yes, even authorised holidays). How do companies get away with it? Supermarkets and shops especially, it's so unnecessary and intimidating.
They act like it’s life or death. It’s just scanning items and stacking shelves. I hope you left pronto

Reactions: 7
When I get a sudden craving for something (today chocolate milkshake) and then when I buy it I'm just like "meh". Going in the shop and buying it was better than the thing itself 😂
This is really relatable!

Personalisation. I know my name, I don't need to be reminded of it on my pen. Nor do I want randoms knowing mine or my kids names. Plus my in-laws love a bit of personalisation and I hate them.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I know what you mean, I have been craving a lasagne for ages and finally made one this weekend. Found the perfect recipe....husband loved it, took left overs to work for lunch today....me I was like 'meh'...I think I enjoyed making it more 😅

Booked a handyman to hang some things and rearranged an appt as he said he could only come at a certain time. Anyway, two hours after he said he’d be here he’s not shown and isn’t replying to messages despite being online. Cannot stand small businesses who carry-on like this, they’d blow their lids if it was the other way around.

Reactions: 15
People that try to cross on a busy main road when there is a crossing ten paces away. Honestly absolutely grinds my gears every time.

• Angry
Booked a handyman to hang some things and rearranged an appt as he said he could only come at a certain time. Anyway, two hours after he said he’d be here he’s not shown and isn’t replying to messages despite being online. Cannot stand small businesses who carry-on like this, they’d blow their lids if it was the other way around.
On a similar theme. I hate when you go to shops/businesses etc with a clear intention to buy but end up doing all the legwork because the sales person hasn’t got a clue. E.g went to a dealership to buy a specific car and it was like pulling teeth. Don’t advertise it if I can’t come and buy it

Reactions: 10
My sister has two children born when she was 37 and 39, both healthy, both without IVF (the second one was unplanned.) I hate seeing people say it's "selfish" to have children after 35 or "mother nature says" women shouldn't. If that were the case, the menopause would start much earlier than it does - and we'd be in pretty dire straits if we handled pregnancy and childbirth entirely "naturally" with no modern interventions

• Heart
Reactions: 20
My sister has two children born when she was 37 and 39, both healthy, both without IVF (the second one was unplanned.) I hate seeing people say it's "selfish" to have children after 35 or "mother nature says" women shouldn't. If that were the case, the menopause would start much earlier than it does - and we'd be in pretty dire straits if we handled pregnancy and childbirth entirely "naturally" with no modern interventions
I agree, people are weirdly so judgy about this and IVF in general. I don’t understand it.

I agree, people are weirdly so judgy about this and IVF in general. I don’t understand it.
I see a lot of talk about how IVF is "selfish" and "some people should just accept they're not meant to be mothers!" - often with the assumption that anyone who has IVF is either "too old" and prioritised career over children, or has some kind of serious medical problem that they should not risk passing on to a child. That's not true at all

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.