Little things in life that annoy you immensely #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When somebody is doing a big shop in Lidl and you only have one or two things and they don’t offer you to go before them. What a set of bastards.
I always let people go in front but seem to end up behind people with massive shops when I have a couple of items.

Does anyone ever find though when you’re stuck behind a big shop with only a few items and someone else with a couple of items comes behind you but proceeds to angrily stare at you like they want you to offer them to go in front? 😆 I honestly don’t understand them. Is it just for the sake of it? It’s not because of the overall wait you can tell they’re waiting for you to let them in front. It’s usually older couples. I’m not letting you go in front when we literally have the same amount of stuff and I’m stuck behind a family of 15’s shopping!!

And people who don’t put a divider on the belt. Rude.

Reactions: 11
I only let the people that don't think you owe them infront of me when I've done a full shop. There was a lovely elderly lady in M&S today with just a grapefruit, I told her to go ahead of me and she was so grateful. However an awful lady in Tesco was grumbling and exaggerated sighs, I ignored her and carried on loading, took everything not to tell her to duck off to another till if she didn't like it. Made sure I took my time packing too because I am petty AF

• Haha
Reactions: 42
When you spend the morning cleaning the kitchen and all it takes is for someone to swan in to make a bleeping toasted bagel before it’s a bomb site again!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
When you spend the morning cleaning the kitchen and all it takes is for someone to swan in to make a bleeping toasted bagel before it’s a bomb site again!
Yep, that sounds like living with my husband 😂

Reactions: 5
When people drink a cup of tea then leave about an inch of it in the bottom.

Reactions: 14
The trend in current documentaries to have people sat on a chair saying/doing something before they start on the subject matter. Usually it's like "Have we started yet" or some little rehearsed quip. Even the BBC are bloody at it now.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
When the person that opens the new butter tub doesn’t take the foil cover off that’s under the lid. They just keep peeling it further back .
That used to be me. My mum always did that with Flora so I thought that's just what you did. Thankfully I'm cured now and my husband feels less like face planting me in the butter.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
When people drink a cup of tea then leave about an inch of it in the bottom.
Leftover from the days before teabags even a strainer didn't get all the crap. You are very lucky if you have never had a mouthful of tea leaves and tea dust 😂

"We are in the middle of a worldwide pandemic" 😶

• Angry
Reactions: 6
My electric jug has stopped working and I really want a cup of tea before bed. I could go and boil a pot of water but that feels too hard.

On the bright side, a shop nearby me is having a big sale on them starting tomorrow, so I'll pop out first thing and get one, plus pick up a lovely coffee treat at the same time.

Reactions: 1
My electric jug has stopped working and I really want a cup of tea before bed. I could go and boil a pot of water but that feels too hard.

On the bright side, a shop nearby me is having a big sale on them starting tomorrow, so I'll pop out first thing and get one, plus pick up a lovely coffee treat at the same time.
Are you Kiwi? Not heard anyone call it a Jug for years LOL. Used to have some big debates when I was over there.

Last edited:
When I see ‘gifted’ on a smug ‘celeb’ instagrammers or insta mum’s account, showing off what they’ve been sent, it honestly makes me want to vom 🤮 esp when they do a boomerang so you can see their stupid smug expression on repeat 👍 I always think note to self - NEVER buy that product.

The only ones I don’t mind are those that do lots of giveaways. At least they are trying to give something to their followers and not just showing off what they got sent (that they could easily afford themselves) to people who would struggle to afford it.

Reactions: 11

I haven’t had an electric kettle for years. I heat water in microwave for instant coffee.

People who don’t pay at the pump when they’re using their card anyway 🤬

people taking ages to use a self service checkout when it’s meant to be a quicker option!

drivers not indicating

Reactions: 6
The trend in current documentaries to have people sat on a chair saying/doing something before they start on the subject matter. Usually it's like "Have we started yet" or some little rehearsed quip. Even the BBC are bloody at it now.
That has become common place. Usually it’s things like them settling themselves into the chair, a makeup person using a makeup brush on their face, adjusting their microphone on their lapel, talking to someone off camera, someone using a clapperboard in front of their face, their face being completely still while their own voiceover talks over the top e.g. “my name is..…… and I am/was (how they are related to the subject being spoken about)”

Reactions: 4
When I see ‘gifted’ on a smug ‘celeb’ instagrammers or insta mum’s account, showing off what they’ve been sent, it honestly makes me want to vom 🤮 esp when they do a boomerang so you can see their stupid smug expression on repeat 👍 I always think note to self - NEVER buy that product.

The only ones I don’t mind are those that do lots of giveaways. At least they are trying to give something to their followers and not just showing off what they got sent (that they could easily afford themselves) to people who would struggle to afford it.
This a million times over! 👌👌

Reactions: 4
When I gently try to step over sleeping dog on the floor and said dog decides to get up and nearly trip you over.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
People who don’t pay at the pump when they’re using their card anyway 🤬

people taking ages to use a self service checkout when it’s meant to be a quicker option!

drivers not indicating
If you pay by pump you have to tap in the pin number, probably why people don't use the facility.

I've seen people fapping about at self service, annoying there are only 2 self service tills available!

Indicating, well I can say from personal experience this is a growing problem, since the first Lockdown
more drivers are simply not bothering to indicate.

dance monkey - it's so tit. People that like it are as hard for me to understand as people that play music out loud on their phone on public transport

• Haha
Reactions: 3
If you pay by pump you have to tap in the pin number, probably why people don't use the facility.

I've seen people fapping about at self service, annoying there are only 2 self service tills available!

Indicating, well I can say from personal experience this is a growing problem, since the first Lockdown
more drivers are simply not bothering to indicate.
I don’t think it’s about tapping in the number at all? Literally takes two seconds

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.