Little things in life that annoy you immensely #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Precisely this. I wasn’t working in the industry when the last financial crash hit, and I was very much a supporter of the “greedy bankers caused this” mantra. But once I started working here I quickly saw the shades of grey. Yes the banks had some responsibility that is beyond question, but the complete lack of restraint shown by Joe Public (some not all!) in financial matters was just o_O. Do you really need to borrow £10,000 at an exorbitant rate to fund a kitchen makeover six months after the last one? I quickly learned that lending to some customers is as unwise as letting a shaggaholic loose in a brothel. It can only end in regret and a nasty rash. Unfortunately those customers always tend to be the ones who shout loudest.
Yes I have worked with banks (I’m a Corporate Comms Consultant) and it has always struck me that people somehow don’t quite get that when a bank lends you money you have to pay it back. The amount of cases I’ve had to deal with where someone has gone to the press complaining about how the bank has treated them terribly when in reality it is legitimately just trying to get them to repay their loan. This is made worse as a communications issue because the customer can say what they like but the bank can’t talk about the customer because of confidentiality rules.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Yes I have worked with banks (I’m a Corporate Comms Consultant) and it has always struck me that people somehow don’t quite get that when a bank lends you money you have to pay it back. The amount of cases I’ve had to deal with where someone has gone to the press complaining about how the bank has treated them terribly when in reality it is legitimately just trying to get them to repay their loan. This is made worse as a communications issue because the customer can say what they like but the bank can’t talk about the customer because of confidentiality rules.
I agree. It’s always someone else’s fault.

Reactions: 2
I don’t get how people on property programmes are always looking for a ‘project’. Who has the time/money/inclination to renovate a whole house?? I feel like the only person who would want to buy a house in walk in condition. Moving is hard enough, I don’t want to have to start knocking down walls and have endless trips to b&q for months on end.

Reactions: 18
I don’t get how people on property programmes are always looking for a ‘project’. Who has the time/money/inclination to renovate a whole house?? I feel like the only person who would want to buy a house in walk in condition. Moving is hard enough, I don’t want to have to start knocking down walls and have endless trips to b&q for months on end.
I'm the same. I hate DIY (mainly because I am terrible at it). But I don't want to spend months coming home from work and feeling like I have to spend my evenings/weekends working on the house. I'd rather pay the extra and for someone else to have done all that

Reactions: 9
I've seen shows where they follow them all the way through the process and it often goes very wrong costing them loads.

Reactions: 1
My boyfriend thinks it's not that much effort or money to renovate and that he would easily do it 🤣 I laugh to myself while looking for a house that's ready to live in

• Haha
Reactions: 6
When somebody is doing a big shop in Lidl and you only have one or two things and they don’t offer you to go before them. What a set of bastards.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
When somebody is doing a big shop in Lidl and you only have one or two things and they don’t offer you to go before them. What a set of bastards.
Definitely! Staying with Lidl, those who insist on intricately packing their very large amount of shopping at the till. The cashier has finished scanning and they're sat there like 😑 I'm stood there, shopping all ready on the conveyor belt ready to be scanned, staring at the person packing like 😑 Just quickly shove it all in the trolley and pack it at the back wall ffs.

Reactions: 10
Literally everything in the world annoys me 🤣

When you’re blatantly waiting and letting a car through and they drive past and don’t even acknowledge you
When you step into the road to abide by the 2m distance and let people pass you and they again don’t acknowledge or say thank you
Other people’s terrible parking
People leaving receipts/wrappers in shopping trolleys

I could go on forever 🤣

Reactions: 24
We‘re vaguely thinking of moving but it takes enough effort just to get your own house in a decent enough condition to try to sell it! I always like looking at the properties that are all lovely and ready to move into, with a decent kitchen and bathroom.

Reactions: 4
When you are at work and ask a customer how they are out of courtesy, and they precede to actually tell you!
As a point of principle I flatly refused to do this when I worked in retail. I also refused to apologise for the waiting time on the basis I couldn’t help how busy the shop was and if you’re stupid enough to go to IKEA on a Saturday at 1 it will be busy as duck so don’t moan!

Reactions: 13
Phone systems and bloody Covid messages. Yes I know there is a pandemic. Yes I know you're getting more calls than usual and that I will sit here for longer. Yes I know you have a website but if I could do what I need to on there, I would. And yes you're excusing your tit service with Covid.

And then you get through to someone who is working from home on a mobile and all you get is every other syllable so you've got no bleeping clue what they just said.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
As a point of principle I flatly refused to do this when I worked in retail. I also refused to apologise for the waiting time on the basis I couldn’t help how busy the shop was and if you’re stupid enough to go to IKEA on a Saturday at 1 it will be busy as duck so don’t moan!
I did a really intensive customer service training course back in the day (Jean Todd if anyone else had the pleasure 😂). They told us to never apologise for keeping people waiting. Instead, say 'thank you for waiting', because you are then giving them a gift and it also alleviates their frustration 😂😂.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Tops being too short. Every woman I know complains about it. Why do companies not make them longer? I’m quite small in height myself and I always think it must annoy taller people even more 🤔

Reactions: 24
When someone in your household unplugs your device that is charging, to charge their own because they can’t be bothered to find another plug.

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
Phone systems and bloody Covid messages. Yes I know there is a pandemic. Yes I know you're getting more calls than usual and that I will sit here for longer. Yes I know you have a website but if I could do what I need to on there, I would. And yes you're excusing your tit service with Covid.

And then you get through to someone who is working from home on a mobile and all you get is every other syllable so you've got no bleeping clue what they just said.
I had to ring 111 the other day, it must have been 5 minutes plus before I spoke to someone, the same covid message was repeated several times.

Reactions: 2
Mums who plaster every detail of their overbearing mum life on social media. The type who moan endlessly about their kids and parenting in general, “hiding from the kids, can’t even take a tit in peace etc etc.”

I’ve just seen Rochelle Humes in the bath with her two girls- I’m sorry but a) tell your kids to duck off! mummy needs a bath on her own! and b) why take a photo of it AT ALL?!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Copycatting relatives ... go and get your own ideas for ways to spend the weekend!

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.