Little things in life that annoy you immensely #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When you're waiting to get off a train and the person nearest the door frantically jabs at the "close" button rather than the "open" one or, worse still, just stands there as if the train doors are going to open magically by themselves.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Also Captcha sites when they these use weird American expressions like "crosswalks" when they mean "zebra crossings".

And fire hydrants as well, whatever they are!
Haha exactly, how are you meant to pick them out if you don't know what they are?! 😂

Reactions: 4
My neighbour, don’t get me wrong, a nice bloke. But he’s got a habit of saying “You could have knocked me down with a feather” which makes me cringe.

I’m thinking “Really? They could have knocked you down? With a feather? And just how pissed were you?”

• Haha
How shocked people on Facebook seem to be when it rains after a couple of days of sun. 'What IS this weather?' It's rain Sheila what do you think it is

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I work in financial services and one thing that annoys is when customers throw a tantrum when you turn them down for lending due to completely unrealistic expectations. If someone earns say £25000 and asks for a mortgage of £500000 (it does happen). You have to think of numerous diplomatic ways to say ‘give your head a wobble’ and they will inevitably say something along the lines of “If I was rich you would lend me it!”. Well duh that’s kind of the point!

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I work in financial services and one thing that annoys is when customers throw a tantrum when you turn them down for lending due to completely unrealistic expectations. If someone earns say £25000 and asks for a mortgage of £500000 (it does happen). You have to think of numerous diplomatic ways to say ‘give your head a wobble’ and they will inevitably say something along the lines of “If I was rich you would lend me it!”. Well duh that’s kind of the point!
I used to work in this industry and the entitlement some people had was actually unreal. They would throw a tit fit if the system gave them a credit limit of £1,000 on their credit card, thinking they are entitled to much more. Meanwhile I’m sitting looking at their credit file and can see they are three months behind on another card and are lucky to even be accepted for one. Not that you can say that to them, which was a bugger 😂

When you’re selling something on marketplace and people ‘like’ your post but don’t offer to buy it 🤔 I’ve even had people comment ‘lovely’ or whatever. Like, thanks but do you want to buy it or not? Why even comment. So odd.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
The second part of this, is when they somehow get a loan they can't really afford and they don't keep up with the payments, and legal proceedings are started to recover the money, they are so shocked.

• Haha
I used to work in this industry and the entitlement some people had was actually unreal. They would throw a tit fit if the system gave them a credit limit of £1,000 on their credit card, thinking they are entitled to much more. Meanwhile I’m sitting looking at their credit file and can see they are three months behind on another card and are lucky to even be accepted for one. Not that you can say that to them, which was a bugger 😂

When you’re selling something on marketplace and people ‘like’ your post but don’t offer to buy it 🤔 I’ve even had people comment ‘lovely’ or whatever. Like, thanks but do you want to buy it or not? Why even comment. So odd.
Precisely this. I wasn’t working in the industry when the last financial crash hit, and I was very much a supporter of the “greedy bankers caused this” mantra. But once I started working here I quickly saw the shades of grey. Yes the banks had some responsibility that is beyond question, but the complete lack of restraint shown by Joe Public (some not all!) in financial matters was just o_O. Do you really need to borrow £10,000 at an exorbitant rate to fund a kitchen makeover six months after the last one? I quickly learned that lending to some customers is as unwise as letting a shaggaholic loose in a brothel. It can only end in regret and a nasty rash. Unfortunately those customers always tend to be the ones who shout loudest.

Reactions: 6
People that contstantly talk about their workouts.

My friend texts me about it and adds it to Instagram. I really do not care and it's getting so boring now

• Sad
Reactions: 15
When people call Afternoon Tea “High Tea” because they think it sounds posher. High Tea is not posh, and it’s the total opposite of Afternoon Tea.

• Haha
When people call Afternoon Tea “High Tea” because they think it sounds posher. High Tea is not posh, and it’s the total opposite of Afternoon Tea.
Afternoon tea in generally is a frustrating concept

Mini sandwiches and cakes at an extortionate price!!! Think of what you could get for the cost from Lidl 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Afternoon tea in generally is a frustrating concept

Mini sandwiches and cakes at an extortionate price!!! Think of what you could get for the cost from Lidl 😂
I gotta admit, I do love going out for a fancy Aftternoon Tea (when it was allowed) 😊

Reactions: 12
I’m glad someone else has picked up on this! We used to serve high tea at a cafe I worked in years ago, it’s literally a pensioners early bird hot dinner, bread and butter on the side, a wee cake and copious amounts of tea. NOT the same as dainty sandwiches and cupcakes!

I do love a fancy afternoon tea though 🍰☕🧁

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Various people in my life think that being introverted is some sort of condition that can be 'fixed' or 'cured' :mad:

I value time where I can be alone and left to my own devices. I could go hours without talking to someone and that suits me fine. This is not a negative personality trait, it's just who I am.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Having a huge energy boost at night so you empty all your kitchen cupboards ready to rearrange in the morning and wake up without a spare bit of energy

People on FB who never comment on any of your posts except once a year to criticise something. Bye bye

Reactions: 9
"New login" alerts on my phone and email. Yes I know, it was me on the device I use every day from the same IP

• Haha
Reactions: 12
When the person that opens the new butter tub doesn’t take the foil cover off that’s under the lid. They just keep peeling it further back .

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Having a huge energy boost at night so you empty all your kitchen cupboards ready to rearrange in the morning and wake up without a spare bit of energy

People on FB who never comment on any of your posts except once a year to criticise something. Bye bye
I unfriend them also.

People who hover above a seat at a bus stop but don't actually sit down. Then get annoyed if you ask to sit there.

People who think that diabetes is caused by too much sugar (neither type is), or assume that only overweight people have diabetes / all fat people are diabetic. Similarly, in quite a few threads on here I've seen people assume that someone who eats badly during pregnancy or puts on a lot of weight must have "gestational" diabetes - if it were that easily predictable, it wouldn't be so much of a problem

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.