Little Mix

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Didnt Leigh Ann's mum, tweet to their US management that they were not doing enough to promote the band? I'm sure that was a few days ago. That's odd if they knew Jesy was ill

Reactions: 2
This will sound so silly and armchair psychologist but I do wonder if doing The Search was detrimental to her mental health. It took her out of her comfort zone and she probably couldn't say no to it if the other 3 wanted to all do it. Plus seeing all the people auditioning, they're all starry eyed and excited and Jesy was obviously like that once but now she's experienced all the nasty, negative aspects of fame and that can't be undone. Also, if music is her passion, maybe sitting in a tv studio essentially being a judge is not what she wants to be doing with her time. I really hope she's being looked after, she reminds me of Amy Winehouse, not in terms of musical ability but in the sense that she's bubbly and attractive and good at her job but has no idea of her own self-worth or popularity.
To be fair, if I was expected to do something so bleeping mind-numbingly tit, and to transparently PR, I'd be reluctant. The whole concept of the show is pathetic tbh.

Amy Winehouse before the fame and before the heroin, was an utter gobshite.

Reactions: 9
the band are in control of nothing-even the co-writing. Co-writing is a nonsense, but an important phrase to use when trying to sell the "integrity" of the band i.e. to try and fool the public/fans that their involvement with the writing and recording process is a collaboration and not an autocracy.
I hate to be “that gal”, but in terms of writing, Jade Thirlwall and Leigh-Anne Pinnock really do write, they signed a songwriting publishing deal last year.

Reactions: 12
I hate to be “that gal”, but in terms of writing, Jade Thirlwall and Leigh-Anne Pinnock really do write, they signed a songwriting publishing deal last year.
Let's also not forget they are all co-writers of Britney Spears single Pretty Girls. If it was a vanity credit, they would've been taken off. The girls write.

Reactions: 14
You're not being "that girl", and I'm more than happy to accept I'm wrong when I am :)

I'm sure here and there, there are manufactured artists who write everything, however, a publishing deal is never the full story. So for example, I write the music and the lyrics mainly for our band, but we recorded a few singles with Kylie Minogue's producer, and he suggested a bridge in the song-4 lines that I wrote, 4 chords that he wrote (I loved them, btw). As soon as the song was approved by everyone, he pulled out an agreement, which had him listed as a co-writer, and as being eligible for 4.5% of what we earned from the single (so that's 4.5% of what's left after everyone's had their wedge from the 100%-management, label, pluggers, fluffers etc...). Don't get me wrong, we're going to be recording with him again (even though we're more like Depeche Mode than Kylie :D ), but someone being listed as a songwriter can be completely cosmetic, and sometimes, artists can insist on it as part of their deal, even though they end up contributing very little. It generates more revenue for the artist.

Reactions: 16
You're not being "that girl", and I'm more than happy to accept I'm wrong when I am :)

I'm sure here and there, there are manufactured artists who write everything, however, a publishing deal is never the full story. So for example, I write the music and the lyrics mainly for our band, but we recorded a few singles with Kylie Minogue's producer, and he suggested a bridge in the song-4 lines that I wrote, 4 chords that he wrote (I loved them, btw). As soon as the song was approved by everyone, he pulled out an agreement, which had him listed as a co-writer, and as being eligible for 4.5% of what we earned from the single (so that's 4.5% of what's left after everyone's had their wedge from the 100%-management, label, pluggers, fluffers etc...). Don't get me wrong, we're going to be recording with him again (even though we're more like Depeche Mode than Kylie :D ), but someone being listed as a songwriter can be completely cosmetic, and sometimes, artists can insist on it as part of their deal, even though they end up contributing very little. It generates more revenue for the artist.
I think that’s the case with perrie as she seems to be listed as a writer yet doesn’t seem to do any song writing

Reactions: 5
I think that’s the case with perrie as she seems to be listed as a writer yet doesn’t seem to do any song writing
Yep, and so that makes me think it is legit with Leigh-Anne and Jade! I’m not even a big fan but I do think it’s worth giving them credit where it’s due!

Reactions: 7

Yeah this is VERY common, Beyoncé never ever writes her own songs and gets songwriter and producer credits, she sets up a camp at her mansion which has several writers in different rooms and she goes between listening to them - only one writer refused this and that was Dianne Warren who doesn’t need Beyoncé to sing her songs!

I was listening to a producer on a podcast and he said often everyone in the room gets credit even if they didn’t do anything because they were part of the process and will probably later claim they suggested one word or something.

The girls have gotten credits previously for suggesting a change which is why they left Syco because they were refused credits over a song they didn’t write but asked the songwriter for changes. They have credits on Wings, how? In what world did 4 manufactured pop stars fresh out of school write one of their biggest hits?

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Jesy jumped from relationship to relationship its almost like she can't be alone. I really do hope she gets the help she deserves.

Reactions: 17
It will be sad if they do call it a day, I really do think they will the last ‘girl band’ music and audiences have changed so much. I know things go around and come back in fashion esp in music but I can’t see bands like Little mix again

Reactions: 9

Sweet Melody video reminds me of the cyber goths dancing to Thomas the tank 🥴
Watched the video today....and oh my god I can't stop laughing. I can't unsee this.

Tbh I don't think they suit the over sexualised choreography and outfits. Not everyone can pull it off.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
That's good they're calling it an extended break, if she quit outright there would be a load of speculation, which clearly isn't what she needs right now. Hopefully the door's been left open for Jesy to decided when, if or how she's coming back. Hope she's getting whatever help or support she needs.
Not necessarily. They said “hiatus” for one direction (Same pr) and that wasn’t anywhere near the truth, it was just to soften the blow. I dunno if LM will ever see Jesy back. I could be wrong, obviously, I am just little old me.

Reactions: 8
Anyone else feel they weren’t as happy on JR as they were on the search and EMAs, especially when talking about Jesy, Leigh Anne seemed upset

Reactions: 3
They didn’t say anything but they were definitely more subdued than usual.

Reactions: 5
Who does Perrie live with?! Her friend Ellie seems to be with her a lot, does she just stay when Alex is away or do they all live together? And Caitlin was in her TikTok??

Who does Perrie live with?! Her friend Ellie seems to be with her a lot, does she just stay when Alex is away or do they all live together? And Caitlin was in her TikTok??
think they live together?

either way I find her friend ellie so annoying 😫😫

Reactions: 1
Itv should have used a phycologist and determined Jessy was not suitable for fame. Poor girl but it seems more like self harm if she's determined to trawl the net to find negative comments.

Reactions: 2
Ellie’s her cousin, they moved in together a couple years ago. Alex moved in during lockdown.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.