Little Mix #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She was the least favourite because of her popstar capabilities and her solo career right now is further proof that she lacks the vocals, identity and personality of a major popstar. She doesn't lack in the confidence of a major poster infact i would say her confidence makes her at times seem deluded. It is NOTHING to do with anything other than that for me, she is about on par with Jesy. They are so alike it's unreal.

Where is this data from? I can't find this online anywhere? It is interested as Mel B was always so popular amongst kids!
Except if you read the book you will how her confidence was knocked. She had next to none and it's believable when you watch back performances, she's unsure of herself. I think she is taking on this persona to make herself more confident and good for her. She's been through a lot of trauma. And she addresses that she was in a privileged position, being light skin, financially well off but it didn't make the feelings go away.

The data is from Billboard Magazine in 1998 and it's sales figures from the UK.

I've already said part of the reason she was the least favoured is probably because she wasn't the most talented in the group. But to overlook the race element is ignorant. It's a major factor and Leigh-Anne's feelings are valid.

In a mixed girl group, the black member has never been the most favoured. Spice Girls, Fifth Harmony, Little Mix, Sugababes. That can't just be purely coincidence.

Even recently, when the Spice Girls released the individual vinyl's for 'Spice 25', Mel B's was the lowest on Amazon charts.

Look at the treatment of Keisha in the Sugababes, she was kicked out of the group she founded. People overlook how deeply hurtful that was and continue to ask for Heidi to return and she's made out as the victim, despite the fact she sided with management.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I don’t know about any of you but after watching them for four months on The X Factor, Leigh-Anne’s the only one I didn’t feel like I knew. She just didn’t seem to have much personality

Reactions: 10
All these singers sing about how they don't take crap from men or tolerate cheaters and give you girl power because you deserve more ... Then stay with their partners when they cheat 😂😂 Beyonce is the same.
It’s all fake. The real ones stay silent tbh

Reactions: 6
Except if you read the book you will how her confidence was knocked. She had next to none and it's believable when you watch back performances, she's unsure of herself. I think she is taking on this persona to make herself more confident and good for her. She's been through a lot of trauma. And she addresses that she was in a privileged position, being light skin, financially well off but it didn't make the feelings go away.

I've already said part of the reason she was the least favoured is probably because she wasn't the most talented in the group. But to overlook the race element is ignorant. It's a major factor and Leigh-Anne's feelings are valid.

In a mixed girl group, the black member has never been the most favoured. Spice Girls, Fifth Harmony, Little Mix, Sugababes. That can't just be purely coincidence.

Even recently, when the Spice Girls released the individual vinyl's for 'Spice 25', Mel B's was the lowest on Amazon charts.

Look at the treatment of Keisha in the Sugababes, she was kicked out of the group she founded. People overlook how deeply hurtful that was and continue to ask for Heidi to return and she's made out as the victim, despite the fact she sided with management.
Siobhan said she was bullied by Keisha and so did Amelle and Heidi I think too. Maybe she’s actually not a nice person and deserved what she got 🤷🏽‍♀️

Reactions: 12

Here’s the thing, no one in here is overlooking the race element, at all. Never has been overlooked. We have talked about many times and it’s been acknowledged in here and her TV show thread - we are judging her like we judge all the other girls which is on their popstar/celebrity package and talent.

No one on here has, as far as I’ve ever seen mad any comment on her race or alluded to anything racial about her, it’s all simply what she is showing us and us judging that’s sometimes good, sometimes bad. She is under our microscope because the other 3 are MIA.

I have no intentions of reading the book, if she is taking on this confident persona then she needs some help and direction from a better team as right now she honestly is becoming a bit of a joke thinking she’s a global superstar.

Reactions: 8
Siobhan said she was bullied by Keisha and so did Amelle and Heidi I think too. Maybe she’s actually not a nice person and deserved what she got 🤷🏽‍♀️
Except Siobhan has came out and said they were teenagers and people were pitting them against each other. Keisha has said she would be called aggressive by the newspapers and wanted to address it and was told by Heidi and management that it was "chip paper tomorrow!" Except that still carries on. If anything, Keisha was focused on the band and a total professional. She wrote the majority of their Catfights and Spotlights album, while the other two contributed much less. Amelle was not turning up to work, had drink driving charges. No wonder she wasn't happy. Yet she was the one who was removed out of the group she founded and Heidi still gets to be a victim in this. Laughable.

Regardless of your opinion, it's not relevant to the conversation we're discussing. It's funny from the points I've raised, you've taken this tidbit and quoted, completely negating the above. And we wonder why black people don't feel they are heard.

Here’s the thing, no one in here is overlooking the race element, at all. Never has been overlooked. We have talked about many times and it’s been acknowledged in here and her TV show thread - we are judging her like we judge all the other girls which is on their popstar/celebrity package and talent.

No one on here has, as far as I’ve ever seen mad any comment on her race or alluded to anything racial about her, it’s all simply what she is showing us and us judging that’s sometimes good, sometimes bad. She is under our microscope because the other 3 are MIA.

I have no intentions of reading the book, if she is taking on this confident persona then she needs some help and direction from a better team as right now she honestly is becoming a bit of a joke thinking she’s a global superstar.
It has though. "She's talking about the race thing again" We all talk about traumatising experiences we've had and how it's impacted our lives. If anything, she will never back down and continue the conversation, despite people's best efforts to shut her up or not listen. I'm proud of her for it. This forum has turned into a bit of a cesspit and I'm shocked as I thought Tattle could offer a more balanced discussion.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Except Siobhan has came out and said they were teenagers and people were pitting them against each other. Keisha has said she would be called aggressive by the newspapers and wanted to address it and was told by Heidi and management that it was "chip paper tomorrow!" Except that still carries on. If anything, Keisha was focused on the band and a total professional. She wrote the majority of their Catfights and Spotlights album, while the other two contributed much less. Amelle was not turning up to work, had drink driving charges. No wonder she wasn't happy. Yet she was the one who was removed out of the group she founded and Heidi still gets to be a victim in this. Laughable.

Regardless of your opinion, it's not relevant to the conversation we're discussing. It's funny from the points I've raised, you've taken this tidbit and quoted, completely negating the above. And we wonder why black people don't feel they are heard.

It has though. "She's talking about the race thing again" We all talk about traumatising experiences we've had and how it's impacted our lives. If anything, she will never back down and continue the conversation, despite people's best efforts to shut her up or not listen. I'm proud of her for it. This forum has turned into a bit of a cesspit and I'm shocked as I thought Tattle could offer a more balanced discussion.
I’m a POC with a black mum so don’t talk to me about black people not feeling hard. Done with this conversation now

I hope you and the rest of Leigh’s fans enjoy this massive empire she’s building with her hit number 28 single
IMG_6060.gif

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Saw someone say he ended it in November 2016 because he didn’t want to hurt Leigh or his ex so decided to be single instead? So was he STILL with his ex 6 months into their relationship…? 🚩

anyone who’s read it feel free to correct me because I’m just going off a few tweets/comments I’ve seen.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
Saw someone say he ended it in November 2016 because he didn’t want to hurt Leigh or his ex so decided to be single instead? So was he STILL with his ex 6 months into their relationship…? 🚩

anyone who’s read it feel free to correct me because I’m just going off a few tweets/comments I’ve seen.
Apparently they were both in relationships when they first started dated but also he has cheated throughout.

Pretty sure the whole Vegas incident in 2018 was with someone he was cheating with!

Reactions: 5
I find the repeated teasing of making music boring, just release something already

Reactions: 16
By the time her or Jade relase anything no one will be looking for them. They needed to utilise their fame straight away.

Thanks to social media everything moves at a quicker pace.

Reactions: 16
I still love Leigh despite all the comments on here. While I do think some are unfair, people are completely entitled to have their own opinion.

I said I was gonna read the book but I honestly can’t be bothered despite my love 😂

• Haha
I couldn't care less if all of them never did music again
Theyve left it far too long for my short attention span to care

Reactions: 10
At this point I would rather Little Mix back. Doubtful it’ll ever happen though!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.