Little Mix #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I do feel for her - it’s hard to keep people invested when you’re about as interesting as a bar of soap.
I think you are doing a disservice to soap tbh, there's some very snazzy bars going around these days, unless you are comparing her to a bar of Imperial Leather, in which case, as you were

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Usually when a ‘memoir’ drops all the newspapers or gossip pages pull out a bunch of interesting tidbits/stories, all I’ve seen so far is articles saying they had therapy after Jesy left? Which we all knew already.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Usually when a ‘memoir’ drops all the newspapers or gossip pages pull out a bunch of interesting tidbits/stories, all I’ve seen so far is articles saying they had therapy after Jesy left? Which we all knew already.
I’ve been thinking the same, seen loads about Britney’s book but nothing of Leigh’s. Just shows how boring she is

Reactions: 5
I’ve only seen one that says she hints at Andre cheating but other than that, nothing.

Reactions: 7
this probably sounds harsh but honestly she just isn’t particularly interesting?? I don’t know who advised her to write a book and I don’t know who she thought the audience for her book were either 😭

Reactions: 13
Tbh Perrie is my favourite and I still wouldn't read her book if she released one. I mean admittedly I'm not big on celebrity memoirs, but I feel like the celebrity has to have had a particularly notable/wild life to warrant wanting to read about it in so much detail, I don't feel like anyone in a group is ever gonna 'stand out' enough to have the individual support or following for a book.

Reactions: 19
The delusion is real “I was listening to the radio the other day and [My Love] really does stand out. I feel like I’m carving something out here,” says Pinnock.

it’s literally a very generic pop song

also I’m hearing it on capital all the bloody time, does anyone know how it’s charting Now seeing as it’s on the radio a lot ?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
The delusion is real “I was listening to the radio the other day and [My Love] really does stand out. I feel like I’m carving something out here,” says Pinnock.

also I’m hearing it on capital all the bloody time, does anyone know how it’s charting Now seeing as it’s on the radio a lot ?
Wikipedia says peak position is number 28.
She’s carving something out here!!

• Haha

It’s flopped massively. Out of the top 40 in its second week. How is she getting all this airplay for a total flop??

Reactions: 4
Just heard an audio clip where she says they were on a date at her villa and she said ‘you have a girlfriend’ to Andre and he replied ‘well you have a boyfriend’ and then they then had to work out what to do, so they were BOTH still in relationships when they started see each other.

Something else about him ending their relationship the day before they performed on X Factor Italy in 2016 too.

If I get anything wrong blame the stan accounts posting things not me because I refuse to pay for it 🤣

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Why is Leigh Ann's book more expensive than Britneys, may I ask?!

It's currently number 553 on Amazon on release day

Does she mention Jesy much?

Reactions: 8
Why is Leigh Ann's book more expensive than Britneys, may I ask?!

It's currently number 553 on Amazon on release day

Does she mention Jesy much?
I think it only officially came out today so people are slowly making their way through the audio book and clipping parts so if there’s anything new about Jesy it’ll probably pop up in the next couple of days.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Look, the only way she can sort her tit out is if she tears Jesy a new one 🤣

I ordered the signed bloody book for the kid when it was announced, before she became a broken record 🫣😅

• Haha
I've read the book and it's obvious Leigh-Anne really was struggling with her identity. She mentions the others had carved a personality and she was trying to find her role within the band.

I think some of the comments are a bit cruel are in here, I don't think Leigh was the most interesting member of the band, but racism definitely did play a part in this. Combine that with the fact she was the weakest vocally (she's still a great singer) is probably why she was least favoured.

But to overlook the race element is ignorant. When you think of what a pivotal role Mel B played in the Spice Girls yet she was the least popular. And that's a fact. In 1998, they released individual VHS Spice World The Movie VHS - Emma made up 38.7% of sales, Melanie C at 20.3%, Geri at 17.3%, Victoria 12.2% & Mel B 11.5%. That's down to race. Mel B was at the front and centre of the Spice Girls.

She doesn't go too much detail about her band members but talks about how the love between the 4 of them was genuine, what a support they were to each other, how nobody looked out for just themselves. If anything, she comes across as incredibly hurt by Jesy's departure.

She talks about a former friend who did not recognise her struggles, closed up on her when brought up the subject or even told her what she was going through in her life was worse. Leigh says she hated that it was a competition, as her own struggles did not negate her friend's but she just wanted her to acknowledge what she was going through. I'm assuming this is Jesy. And if so, that's totally unacceptable. They all supported Jesy through her battles with mental health.

Her husband doesn't come across well, she says he was never physical with anyone else but alludes to him talking to other people while they were in a relationship. She talks about how difficult it was to go through that when her own self worth within the group was so low and he only contributed to that.

She also addresses his colourism comments, saying she found out before they were due to go on stage at V Festival 2016 through a member of her team. She was shocked and addressed it with him. She says he's done a lot of inner work to unlearn these things, addressed a lot of things from his childhood and stopped drinking as much. It seems as though she's put up with a lot from him and I have no idea why she stayed but she seems to truly love him.

If anyone takes the time to read the book, you will see how slowly her confidence was stripped. She was often the only black person in meetings and was gaslit with members of her team 'You're being paid the same!', 'You're loved the same!' and she says this was only said with the best intentions but she slowly started to realise part of the reason she was least favoured. I really felt for her and I feel like some of the posts are a bit unwarranted but everyone is entitled to their opinions.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
I've read the book and it's obvious Leigh-Anne really was struggling with her identity. She mentions the others had carved a personality and she was trying to find her role within the band.

I think some of the comments are a bit cruel are in here, I don't think Leigh was the most interesting member of the band, but racism definitely did play a part in this. Combine that with the fact she was the weakest vocally (she's still a great singer) is probably why she was least favoured.

If anyone takes the time to read the book, you will see how slowly her confidence was stripped. She was often the only black person in meetings and was gaslit with members of her team 'You're being paid the same!', 'You're loved the same!' and she says this was only said with the best intentions but she slowly started to realise part of the reason she was least favoured. I really felt for her and I feel like some of the posts are a bit unwarranted but everyone is entitled to their opinions.
She was the least favourite because of her popstar capabilities and her solo career right now is further proof that she lacks the vocals, identity and personality of a major popstar. She doesn't lack in the confidence of a major poster infact i would say her confidence makes her at times seem deluded. It is NOTHING to do with anything other than that for me, she is about on par with Jesy. They are so alike it's unreal.

She says he's done a lot of inner work to unlearn these things, addressed a lot of things from his childhood and stopped drinking as much. It seems as though she's put up with a lot from him and I have no idea why she stayed but she seems to truly love him.
The fact that he was using gay slurs on their wedding weekend tells me he didn't unlearn much from those comments. He is rotten to the core! I feel sorry for her that she never seems to have had the courage to know her worth and show him the door.

But to overlook the race element is ignorant. When you think of what a pivotal role Mel B played in the Spice Girls yet she was the least popular. And that's a fact. In 1998, they released individual VHS Spice World The Movie VHS - Emma made up 38.7% of sales, Melanie C at 20.3%, Geri at 17.3%, Victoria 12.2% & Mel B 11.5%. That's down to race. Mel B was at the front and centre of the Spice Girls.
Where is this data from? I can't find this online anywhere? It is interested as Mel B was always so popular amongst kids!

Reactions: 11
I am shocked at the Spiceworld video stats! My fave was Mel B growing up. Never realised Mel C was more popular back then tbh. I was about 11

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.