Little Mix #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I literally hear them all the time too. Not downplaying the racism in the industry but if Jade or Perrie venture away from pop and want their songs on alternative stations they’ll also be slapped with the pop/girl group member label.

I saw someone suggest it’s 1Xtra as she wants to be listened to in the black community and they didn’t playlist her, and them saying that would make sense more than heart/radio one etc.
Racism doesn’t exist in the music industry. Most of the most successful artists of all time have been black.

Leigh has had ample support (as much airplay as superstars) so she really doesn’t have an excuse. She’s the problem.
---
Her book launch event at the Royal Festival Hall is currently on seat filling websites for…£0 a ticket (plus booking fee).
Are we surprised?! Who wants to go and listen to the least popular member of a now defunct girl band moaning and whining about everything. To be honest, I think she’d have to pay people to sit through that. Even Mother Teresa wouldn’t have the patience.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
It's nothing to do with her skin colour, there are plenty of thriving black artists, it's because her songs are tit and she's a dullard with an attitude problem.
She wants the be the U.K.s Beyoncé but…. We have actual Beyoncé already. We don’t need 2, do something different also her going on about making music from her roots is just not authentic as her roots are London, not Jamaica. I get her parents parents are of Caribbean heritage but she just is not. It’s not authentic!!!!

My parents and their parents aren’t English, I am. I don’t claim their heritage as mine - I’m proud to have their countries as part of me but I’m not going to start claiming I’m Irish for example, making everything I do be Irish influenced when I’ve only been there on Holiday, like Leigh.

Reactions: 12
She wants the be the U.K.s Beyoncé but…. We have actual Beyoncé already. We don’t need 2, do something different also her going on about making music from her roots is just not authentic as her roots are London, not Jamaica. I get her parents parents are of Caribbean heritage but she just is not. It’s not authentic!!!!

My parents and their parents aren’t English, I am. I don’t claim their heritage as mine - I’m proud to have their countries as part of me but I’m not going to start claiming I’m Irish for example, making everything I do be Irish influenced when I’ve only been there on Holiday, like Leigh.
And then she releases an afrobeats song with a video shot in africa. I don't get the vision personally. What tf has she got to do with African music and culture. It just seems messy to me

Reactions: 7

This is so true. She’s fully English, born and raised in England, and her culture and upbringing was English. It’s disingenuous of her to claim her roots are Jamaican. She’s got as much Jamaican culture about her as a weekend waitress at Turtle Bay.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
This is so true. She’s fully English, born and raised in England, and her culture and upbringing was English. It’s disingenuous of her to claim her roots are Jamaican. She’s got as much Jamaican culture about her as a weekend waitress at Turtle Bay.
I am SCREAMING ! 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Wouldn’t really say you can’t have your parents culture if you’re born and raised here. If her parents embraced their culture she would have been raised around it and they will have passed it down to her surely. We don’t know the ins and outs of her unbringing.

But yeh beyonce she ain’t. She ain’t even Michelle Williams

Reactions: 10
Wouldn’t really say you can’t have your parents culture if you’re born and raised here. If her parents embraced their culture she would have been raised around it and they will have passed it down to her surely. We don’t know the ins and outs of her unbringing.

But yeh beyonce she ain’t. She ain’t even Michelle Williams
I agree with this. Also her mum said on her documentary that she was raised to see herself as black and that’s how she indentifies so obviously would have brought her kids up to embrace their Jamaican culture too

Zzzzz again

How many times is she going to give the same interview. Does she not have any other content. You'd think her people would tell her to switch it up. If you've seen one interview of her you've basically seen every one

Reactions: 9
She genuinely acts as if she's the first black woman who has ever been in the music industry.

If she thinks the music industry is bad, I hope she doesn't have any plans to win an Oscar...
---
From that Guardian article:

"And one thing I’m 100% going to do is talk about light-skinned privilege. I truly believe it’s helped me to get to where I am today.”

It got you walking down the aisle to a colourist, hun.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
Does Andre even have any redeeming qualities? Besides his bank account anyway

• Haha
Screenshot_20231024-092529_Instagram.jpg

The empty seats she's tried to cover with text

Screenshot_20231024_092823.jpg

It really is time to give it up leigh ann. Two flop singles and now a flop book

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
She’s certainly trying hard but the interest just doesn’t seem to be there. I feel a bit sorry for her as she comes across a bit deluded about how well she’s doing and how popular she is. She’ll have a tough knock back down to earth when she loses her record deal.

Reactions: 21
She really can’t moan about radio play, I put the radio on yesterday and hers was the first song playing. Same thing this morning and no doubt it will be on throughout the day.

Reactions: 12
I do feel for her - it’s hard to keep people invested when you’re about as interesting as a bar of soap.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.