Little Mix #4 LM3 on their 10 year home run, but Jesy’s on her way to spoil the fun

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Such a massive shame since Leigh-Anne seems like she would have a heart of gold!
Wonder what Andres feelings are with (particularly) Jade's support of the LGBTQ+ community,
Leigh Anne’s a judge on the upcoming serious of drag race so I did wonder what his reaction was to that.

I know most fans are still quite young to understand the impact of childbirth on a woman's body and how difficult it is to care for a newborn while still recovering physically but I have seen so many fans saying they should be at least doing interviews on zoom now that the single is coming out. The poor girls gave birth not even two weeks. They must be exhausted and still adjusting to their new lives and these kids are asking for zoom interviews.
Women also MUST take 2 weeks off after giving birth at-least. Some fans seem to think that cause they don’t have ‘normal’ jobs they shouldn’t be entitled to maternity leave. I think they should atleast take off a couple months and I hope they do, come back end of October time a couple weeks before the new album. That’s why I was suprised the single is being released so soon I thought atleast end of September so they can have a proper break

Reactions: 11
Women also MUST take 2 weeks off after giving birth at-least. Some fans seem to think that cause they don’t have ‘normal’ jobs they shouldn’t be entitled to maternity leave. I think they should atleast take off a couple months and I hope they do, come back end of October time a couple weeks before the new album. That’s why I was suprised the single is being released so soon I thought atleast end of September so they can have a proper break
It’s up to you really and how you feel, Katherine Ryan was filming 10 days after birth.

It’s up to you really and how you feel, Katherine Ryan was filming 10 days after birth.
She’s Canadian :) I was just going off U.K. law as the first 2 weeks are the most common times for complications to rise so by law the employer must give you the first two weeks off after birth in whatever job you do (4 weeks in a factory). After the two weeks you then chose how much time you have off after that (up to 52 weeks)

Reactions: 4
She’s Canadian :) I was just going off U.K. law as the first 2 weeks are the most common times for complications to rise so by law the employer must give you the first two weeks off after birth in whatever job you do (4 weeks in a factory). After the two weeks you then chose how much time you have off after that (up to 52 weeks)
I think it’s the law for them to allow you 2 weeks, but im pretty sure it’s up to the individual when they return

Reactions: 3
She lives in this country though so follows our rules not Canandian rules, she is also an Irish citizen as her father is Irish.

The girls are self employed though, they are the employer so it’s completely up to them! There’s rules for self employed are different, they are their own bosses and the bosses of everyone around them!

Reactions: 8
I think it’s the law for them to allow you 2 weeks, but im pretty sure it’s up to the individual when they return
6E979A3F-A6CD-405D-A0C8-0C728BBA9DC2.jpeg

Off the government website, only the first 6 weeks are at 90% pay and after that it goes down then after 39 weeks you get no pay x

Reactions: 2
She lives in this country though so follows our rules not Canandian rules, she is also an Irish citizen as her father is Irish.

The girls are self employed though, they are the employer so it’s completely up to them! There’s rules for self employed are different, they are their own bosses and the bosses of everyone around them!
So this was in U.K. she took the time off? Sorry I presumed it was in Canada. That is breaking the law but I don’t think much can really be done if she chose to come back early.
I assumed that the girls had some employement by the record company/management, either way the fact that by law two weeks are required to be given by companies and even if they are self employed it would be recommended to take that time off cause of this even it’s not required by law

This is for full time employed workers not self employed!
See my this reply x

Either way whether they are self employed or not, it’s not fair to ask them back this soon. If they had a normal job like an office job they would be required by law to take two weeks off and then entitled to up to 52 weeks leave. Even if it might not be law, they shouldn’t be expected not to have some maternity rights 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
So this was in U.K. she took the time off? Sorry I presumed it was in Canada. That is breaking the law but I don’t think much can really be done if she chose to come back early.
I assumed that the girls had some employement by the record company/management, either way the fact that by law two weeks are required to be given by companies and even if they are self employed it would be recommended to take that time off cause of this even it’s not required by law

See my this reply x

Either way whether they are self employed or not, it’s not fair to ask them back this soon. If they had a normal job like an office job they would be required by law to take two weeks off and then entitled to up to 52 weeks leave. Even if it might not be law, they shouldn’t be expected not to have some maternity rights 🤷‍♀️
The label isn’t an employer for any artist, they really just fund, find and distribute the music - they’re a bit like agency work. The girls management, pr etc control what they do and their schedules but the girls employ them so every decision (not musically) is up to the girls!

It’s entirely up to them if and when they want to work but there have been lots of people in the entertainment industry who go back to work, Jessie Ware didn’t have any maternity leave at all, she was working after 2 days, Paloma Faith also didn’t have much leave. She even went into labour on her album photo shoot. Their jobs aren’t jobs, they’re a lifestyle essentially that they control and need to keep going to earn money! That’s the price you pay for fame and fortune unfortunately!

I personally don’t care about promo, they can do what they want… I sure they’ve already filmed things prior anyways!

The label isn’t an employer for any artist, they really just fund, find and distribute the music - they’re a bit like agency work. The girls management, pr etc control what they do and their schedules but the girls employ them so every decision (not musically) is up to the girls!

It’s entirely up to them if and when they want to work but there have been lots of people in the entertainment industry who go back to work, Jessie Ware didn’t have any maternity leave at all, she was working after 2 days, Paloma Faith also didn’t have much leave. She even went into labour on her album photo shoot. Their jobs aren’t jobs, they’re a lifestyle essentially that they control and need to keep going to earn money! That’s the price you pay for fame and fortune unfortunately!

I personally don’t care about promo, they can do what they want… I sure they’ve already filmed things prior anyways!
But as you mentioned multiple times, it's about choice and the girls probably want time off which is absolutely valid and no one should be asking for promo at the moment. That was my point. The issue is the fans demanding content when 2 of them have just given birth. And Leigh and Perrie, while they have support from their families, Alex and Andre aren't much help because football takes a huge amount of their time.

Reactions: 7
I do find it unfortunate how some women go back to work so quickly after birth, purely because it establishes a standard on women who choose not to do so (or physically cannot). The trouble is, I don't agree with 'mandatory' leave, regardless of the length because equally, every woman should have the right to choose for herself. It's just one of those difficult things where I wish we could understand that everyone is different, but unfortunately it won't happen because no matter what choices we make, we are compared to people who make different ones.

Regardless of what the girls do though, no one should be expecting anything from them.

Reactions: 7
But as you mentioned multiple times, it's about choice and the girls probably want time off which is absolutely valid and no one should be asking for promo at the moment. That was my point. The issue is the fans demanding content when 2 of them have just given birth. And Leigh and Perrie, while they have support from their families, Alex and Andre aren't much help because football takes a huge amount of their time.
Yeah, We have to respect if they don’t or if they do have time off! But it’s not illegal to do so was all I was pointing out!

Yeah, We have to respect if they don’t or if they do have time off! But it’s not illegal to do so was all I was pointing out!
I said it was only illegal if they were employed (as I assumed they were). The legal requirements for employment are exactly what I stated. If they’re self employed it’s not illegal like you said.

Anyways this all started about fans demanding content after less than two weeks. The government feel the need to put in a law to require workers (who aren’t self employed) to not go back to work until after 2 weeks after giving birth and then have given the option to take off an additional 50 weeks (13 weeks unpaid). It may not be a legal requirement for the girls if they are self employed but self employed still get the standard maternity allowance they would get if employed by a company giving them the option of not working the 39 weeks after the child’s birth (Of course the girls aren’t gonna take the allowance just saying that as self employed even though it’s not legal requirement, they are entitled to similar maternity rights).

You wouldn’t expect an office worker not to take maternity leave so the girls should be respected to take however long they want to off, and if they want to take a year off (hypothetically, i don’t think they would) they are totally entitled to do that 🤷‍♀️

This is for full time employed workers not self employed!
And I never said it was 😂 I presume the person who replied to me was talking about employed workers as, as you’ve said self employed workers aren’t entitled to anything even the two weeks

Last edited:
I said it was only illegal if they were employed (as I assumed they were). The legal requirements for employment are exactly what I stated. If they’re self employed it’s not illegal like you said.

Anyways this all started about fans demanding content after less than two weeks. The government feel the need to put in a law to require workers (who aren’t self employed) to not go back to work until after 2 weeks after giving birth and then have given the option to take off an additional 50 weeks (13 weeks unpaid). It may not be a legal requirement for the girls if they are self employed but self employed still get the standard maternity allowance they would get if employed by a company giving them the option of not working the 39 weeks after the child’s birth (Of course the girls aren’t gonna take the allowance just saying that as self employed even though it’s not legal requirement, they are entitled to similar maternity rights).

You wouldn’t expect an office worker not to take maternity leave so the girls should be respected to take however long they want to off, and if they want to take a year off (hypothetically, i don’t think they would) they are totally entitled to do that 🤷‍♀️

And I never said it was 😂 I presume the person who replied to me was talking about employed workers as, as you’ve said self employed workers aren’t entitled to anything even the two weeks
We all got it then, and now!

Just to point out, you already replied to my post (the second quote) in a previous post which at that point you didn’t realise they were self employed. Please don’t gaslight me and @gossipgirlxxo - there’s no need when it’s a harmless chat where we are agreeing on essentially the same thing, no one here has said the girls must be back to work this week or any time soon!

Anyways…. Why are the “girls” pushing so hard to get people to like that band off The Search?

• Heart
I hate to say it because I genuinely do believe she's a lovely girl without any bigoted views herself, but Leigh-Anne staying with Andre after his horrendous tweets came to light made me side-eye her a bit. Fair enough if they were misguided, light-hearted 'jokes', but they were vicious and hateful, and were revealed not long after they got together. Couldn't be me 🤷‍♀️ (I'm also not a talented, rich popstar though, so Leigh-Anne and I have many differences :LOL:).

Also find it pretty hilarious how LM's young stans claim to adore Andre and like him the best of all the boyfriends, all while clutching at tiny straws to make Alex and Jordan seem problematic. This comes down to two things - 1) They find Andre the most attractive of the three, and 2) They care the least about Leigh so don't feel as possessive over her as they do Perrie and Jade. Sad but obvious at this point.

• Sad
Reactions: 19
When I watched the documentary it really struck me how much more intelligent and articulate she was compared to him

Reactions: 9
I hate to say it because I genuinely do believe she's a lovely girl without any bigoted views herself, but Leigh-Anne staying with Andre after his horrendous tweets came to light made me side-eye her a bit. Fair enough if they were misguided, light-hearted 'jokes', but they were vicious and hateful, and were revealed not long after they got together. Couldn't be me 🤷‍♀️ (I'm also not a talented, rich popstar though, so Leigh-Anne and I have many differences :LOL:).

Also find it pretty hilarious how LM's young stans claim to adore Andre and like him the best of all the boyfriends, all while clutching at tiny straws to make Alex and Jordan seem problematic. This comes down to two things - 1) They find Andre the most attractive of the three, and 2) They care the least about Leigh so don't feel as possessive over her as they do Perrie and Jade. Sad but obvious at this point.
You've literally summed up the shitshow the music industry is at present in two sentences.

I feel like reason 2 maybe sadly. I know not everything is based off Instagram followers but Perrie has considerably more than Jade and Leigh Anne, and Jade still has half a million more than Leigh (I swear it used to be more). Some of Perries account will be from Zayn fans and Fotball/Alex fans (and viceversa) but not over 5 million. Also you can see on Instagram the accounts where over 50% follow another account and over 50% of Leigh & Jade followers follow Perrie yet under 50% of hers follow them and under 50% of Jades follow Leigh
32D9F010-3A79-417C-BD35-069EACD07FBF.jpeg
68F5819A-DADC-472C-89BF-58FA86B60D48.jpeg
251E960F-479C-4371-95F9-3B2C5F6F407E.jpeg

Also the fact that maybe it’s the people I’m with but I don’t know anyone who has Leigh Anne as their favourite (same with Jesy but she’s left so who cares 😂) only Perrie and Jade.

I’m not sure how true reason 1 is but that’s down to personal taste 😂 Alex is the most attractive in my opinion. But to put a spin on they could be in that mindset that because they don’t find Andre attractive they don’t care.

Could also be down to how well known the boyfriends are. Alex plays for a prem club & England in the past, I would say a lot of people knew he was before he started dating perrie. Jordan, I knew him from Rizzle kicks which I’m sure a lot of the U.K. from the start fandom knew who he was before he started dating Jade.

Unfortunately I have seen this though, I remember on tiktok some little mix made a video about Zayn saying the F slur (couple months ago) and how she was offended by it because she was Bisexual. Their whole account was a Leigh and Andre stan account and someone commented mentioning Andres homophobic past and she had no clue. Some little mix fans don’t know about it and others don’t care because he ‘apologised’ however many years ago. It’s weird how they love him though because if Alex or Jordan had done what he done they would all be fuming

They tried to cancel Jordan for "sexualising" his own girlfriend in an interview. In reality, it was a podcast about cuddling/physical contact and he mentioned sex with his girlfriend - no sordid details, not even naming her, nothing untoward. It was a 10 second moment in a 20 minute podcast and they tried to make it sound like he violated her in some way. Also conveniently forgetting that Jade's pretty comfortable talking about sex herself - suddenly she was a Victorian lady who would be shunned by society if it became known that she had intercourse with her boyfriend.

Although I mostly think it's down to Perrie and Jade being their favourites rather than appearance, nobody can tell me that Jordan wouldn't be more popular with Jade's young fans if he looked the way he did in his Rizzle Kicks days. Quite funny when you think about how they were all about Jesy not being judged for her appearance.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.