Lisa My_solo_journey_to_Mom #9 Back to work, having a ‘mare, would rather be flogging jellies & shapewear!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In her defence if Hazel has Bronchiolitis again then most doctors won't take a chance and NOT send them to A&E. Twice I've been sent by my doc because she wouldn't chance it with babies and they'd risk their jobs if anything happened. Now I'd love not to have gone because they let you sit in A&E and just monitor for hours. You might as well be at home. So in this instance I can feel slightly sorry for her. I hope Hazel grows out of it soon. Bronchiolitis can flare up every few weeks until they're 2 if unlucky and not just from mouldy sheets.

Edited to say she may have got lucky with their sleeping (if you can believe it) but I'd take my non sleeping baby over constant sickness any day!

Reactions: 4
On the flip side, look at Amy SingleMumOfTriplets. Her 3 often get little colds here and there, mainly cos they actually go places visiting family and friends.

Does she make a big deal about it? Nope, she just stays home with them until it passes a day or two later. She doesn't rock up to A&E with every temperature or cough.
She’s amazing, she braces herself for a couple of sleepless nights & just sails through it. Of course she’ll mention being tired but without the added drama & never goes on like her kids are an inconvenience.

She was in the gp Monday, I don’t think they sent her over though?
They sometimes give a letter in case you might need to go to A&E. Mine has done it a couple of times but she could have got advice over the phone last night re the temps.

Reactions: 2
She’s amazing, she braces herself for a couple of sleepless nights & just sails through it. Of course she’ll mention being tired but without the added drama & never goes on like her kids are an inconvenience.

They sometimes give a letter in case you might need to go to A&E. Mine has done it a couple of times but she could have got advice over the phone last night re the temps.
Ahhh, that’s true. But even still, how many times has she gone to the gp for a virus? It’s clogging up an already struggling system 😣

Reactions: 1
See it’s much more dramatic to ring work & say you’re in A&E with your baby Vs your baby is sick at home.
I think she’s running to CUH each time for attention & in the hope of time off work again. If the child needed to be in hospital she would be kept. Lisa doesn’t want a sleepless night with a sick child so CUH it is.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
She should be afforded some privacy (the little girl) .. Jesus Christ Lisa … have a bit of cop F****ing on !

Reactions: 3
She's such a useless goon. Running off to A&E, putting the child through all that (again!)

She could have called for advice.

They done nothing with the baby in hospital she couldn't do at home if she wasn't such a feckless lump.

High temps not moving
- dose baby by weight not age
- suppositories for max effect
- paracetamol and ibuprofen can be given together if temp isn't budging.

I'll wait now until she tells us that on her stories.
The utmost sympathies to poor Hazel with her useless mother dragging her out in the night for a bit of a hoo-ha.

Reactions: 4
Why is she is her stinking nightie like it’s the child is sick, that doesn’t mean she can’t get up wash her face and teeth and put some clothes on fml she’s the laziest lump I’ve ever seen and no word on her other baby who’s minding her? Anyone else would have to juggle everything this one isn’t actually able to cope with anything again I pity those kids and her family are as to blame if they didn’t speak up against this day one.

Reactions: 7
Can tell you this I’m moving down her way, doctor seems to see her at the drop of a hat and that’s when they’re not ringing her asking her how’s things!

That doctor did in his whole ring to check on her.

Either she’s lying or the doc is concerned about the goings on behind closed doors in Casa de Lisa.

Reactions: 10
Lisa's friends/family, for the love of god ask her to come off Instagram. She is coming across as someone who absolutely cannot look after her children.

I'm a single working parent. I've nearly been at breaking point trying to juggle work and my child constantly picking illness up from creche. I ploughed through and am on the other side now.

Amazingly not once have I ever posted a picture of my sick child anywhere on social media. It just seems so cruel.

One thing I would say in her defence, I had no clue about how tough motherhood would be or constant illness would be before I had a child.

Reactions: 11
Why is she is her stinking nightie like it’s the child is sick, that doesn’t mean she can’t get up wash her face and teeth and put some clothes on fml she’s the laziest lump I’ve ever seen and no word on her other baby who’s minding her? Anyone else would have to juggle everything this one isn’t actually able to cope with anything again I pity those kids and her family are as to blame if they didn’t speak up against this day one.
Even the fact that she wrote on the picture post that they were home from cuh and that she was off for a sleep because she hadn't slept a wink 🤦maybe something you might say to your family but not to followers, she really is all about herself, and as you say not a mention of her other baby.

Reactions: 10
That doctor did in his whole ring to check on her.

Either she’s lying or the doc is concerned about the goings on behind closed doors in Casa de Lisa.
Absolutely agree with you, GP's do not ring around checking up on kids!

I think the gp might if he/she is genuinely worried about a child's welfare. Especially when they know Lisa so well and like any consult over the phone.

Absolutely agree with you, GP's do not ring around checking up on kids!
Mine only rang me once(apart from ringing with test results), my son had been suffering from recurrent stomach cramps , after I had left the surgery he had decided to double check with another doctor in the practice & rang me to see how everything was & to discuss another theory they had come up with. they wouldn’t ring for symptoms like Hazels. We’ve had doses like that here many times over the years.
I’m wondering now might they be on very friendly terms with the doctor, it can happen in rural areas. The doc might be very laid back about issuing sick certs if that’s the case.

Defini
Mine only rang me once(apart from ringing with test results), my son had been suffering from recurrent stomach cramps , after I had left the surgery he had decided to double check with another doctor in the practice & rang me to see how everything was & to discuss another theory they had come up with. they wouldn’t ring for symptoms like Hazels. We’ve had doses like that here many times over the years.
I’m wondering now might they be on very friendly terms with the doctor, it can happen in rural areas. The doc might be very laid back about issuing sick certs if that’s the case.
Definitely happens a lot in rural areas. Lisa probably had the same doc as a child herself.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.