Lisa My_solo_journey_to_Mom #9 Back to work, having a ‘mare, would rather be flogging jellies & shapewear!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
New thread for our Lisa and those poor girls. Thread title thanks to @DollyDaydreaming

Update: Not so tiny tears as Lisa is back to work all of two days a week. Childcare courtesy of de mudder but how long that will last is anyone's guess. Both the work and the childcare 😉

Reactions: 7
Did she not say before going back that her union was in talks for her hours going back?

So she would have chosen them hours no?

Its hard leaving the baby's I get that il be in the same position myself soon but il have 3 to get ready, it's learning a new routine to when you have been in a constant one for 6 mths,

but food wise it's not that hard, batch cook the start of the week freeze some take it out the night before. You have to be organised when you have kids not sitting crying in to a phone the night before work that you have no food made. If worse came to worse surely there's a canteen were she works.

Reactions: 5
How are you today Lisa hun i hope you're ok and the mom guilt isn't eating you up too much!?
Did she not say before going back that her union was in talks for her hours going back?

So she would have chosen them hours no?

Its hard leaving the baby's I get that il be in the same position myself soon but il have 3 to get ready, it's learning a new routine to when you have been in a constant one for 6 mths,

but food wise it's not that hard, batch cook the start of the week freeze some take it out the night before. You have to be organised when you have kids not sitting crying in to a phone the night before work that you have no food made. If worse came to worse surely there's a canteen were she works.
Yeah batch cooking is a life/time saver! Ive been doing it with years now. It's all about time management though really isn't it? Our lisa would rather sit on her ass on the couch than be ahead some bit and get prepared. Hopefully she'll get into the swing of things soon and realise she has to pull her finger out and actually plan ahead. Wow lol like the rest of us

Reactions: 3
There are no words for Lisa 🤦🏼‍♀️ d stupid laugh she does then 😑 moaning about goin back to work for 2 days not seeing her babies but if she was off to a hotel for 2 nights all ud see is her dust, I get it's hard goin back but it happens everyone u just have to get on with it 🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 8
I do empathise with lisa but i think its the constant "grass is greener" with her is whats getting to people. Eg the two babies craic If she jus counted her blessings and appreciated what she has she would be more relatable.

Sorry now but i have absolutely no sympathy for her. None.
she chose to have a baby….she actually made the decision to have 2. She did this as a solo mom by choice knowing full well she would need to go back to work. She is a VERY lucky woman. Living at home with everything being done for her including her children minded. She was lucky being off before having them because of covid with full pay. If she was that concerned about going back to work well then don’t start your family until you are more financially secure to stay at home.It bleeping pissed me off coming on crying for the gram looking for sympathy in a world where the majority of men and women have to go out to work. Yes it’s hard. Yes we would love to stay at home but we can’t. She was well able to head away for her nights away and have her late checkout and not a tear shed for those girls. Coming on then 10.30 at night saying she still had to shower and meal prep-why the hell couldn’t she do it all day? Get on with it. Ffs. Your a lucky woman Lisa with your situation at the moment. You have a brilliant family around you that do alot for those girls.

edit to say I am literally just back from a year off after having my baby so I’m well aware of how hard it is but we move. We chose to have a baby and we need to provide for that baby so we both work 12+ hrs shifts so I know exactly what she’s talking about

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Sorry now but i have absolutely no sympathy for her. None.
she chose to have a baby….she actually made the decision to have 2. She did this as a solo mom by choice knowing full well she would need to go back to work. She is a VERY lucky woman. Living at home with everything being done for her including her children minded. She was lucky being off before having them because of covid with full pay. If she was that concerned about going back to work well then don’t start your family until you are more financially secure to stay at home.It bleeping pissed me off coming on crying for the gram looking for sympathy in a world where the majority of men and women have to go out to work. Yes it’s hard. Yes we would love to stay at home but we can’t. She was well able to head away for her nights away and have her late checkout and not a tear shed for those girls. Coming on then 10.30 at night saying she still had to shower and meal prep-why the hell couldn’t she do it all day? Get on with it. Ffs. Your a lucky woman Lisa with your situation at the moment. You have a brilliant family around you that do alot for those girls.

edit to say I am literally just back from a year off after having my baby so I’m well aware of how hard it is but we move. We chose to have a baby and we need to provide for that baby so we both work 12+ hrs shifts so I know exactly what she’s talking about
Here here well said 👏👏

I don’t think Lisa even realises how tone deaf her stories were last night. Yes it’s sad she has to leave her children but instead of focusing on what was the inevitable she should be thinking ok yes this is hard but oh my God what others wouldn’t do to be in my position. Two healthy children, HSE job, supportive family providing housework and childcare and no doubt financial assistance and also said work is only for 2 out of 7 days. Phone down, some frozen batch cooking and some self care such as a nice shower and a gratitude journal and it would do her the world of good that a pity party on insta won’t do

Reactions: 12
I’m just gona say it- she’s not upset because she’ll miss the girls-she’s upset because she has to work and can’t sit at home

Reactions: 30
I supposes she sees mejoolie , more or less sitting on her behind everyday and thought , well if she can do it why can't I!!
She needs to wake up and realise firstly how lucky she is to have the girls, along with good /free family support and just get on with it

Do those girls sit at all?? 🤔 Why are they always lying down, they’re 9 months old now! Yet the weaning started when they were 5 months, wonder how good their head control was back then if they aren’t sitting 4 months later!

She should put herself in the shoes of the women up and down the country who work full time and basically do so purely to pay the crèche. She gets to have the free childcare and the peace of mind of leaving them with a trusted loved one.
She truly has no idea how good she has it.
She can eff off with her big snuffly face.

Reactions: 13
Crying during a handover in work. How professional Lisa. I call bullshit.
It really sounds building up to trying to get signed off work. I said this a few weeks ago too, she’ll be getting messages telling her to go have a chat with her doctor

Reactions: 13
Do those girls sit at all?? 🤔 Why are they always lying down, they’re 9 months old now! Yet the weaning started when they were 5 months, wonder how good their head control was back then if they aren’t sitting 4 months later!
By 9 months they should be crawling around and able to go from sitting to crawling, they’re most definitely behind with that. Shoved into any kind of chair for 23 hours a day will do that though 🙄

Reactions: 6
By 9 months they should be crawling around and able to go from sitting to crawling, they’re most definitely behind with that. Shoved into any kind of chair for 23 hours a day will do that though 🙄
Ah plenty of kids aren't crawling at 9 months. I'd certainly be expecting them to be sitting quite independently at this point though. I can only imagine the core strength they must have lacked when she started shoveling grub down their necks.

Hazel at least looks like she's shaping up to crawl in the near future.

Every sob story is part of her taking sick leave soon, I do hope if she does and mental health is her reason that she’s bleeping genuine because it would be an insult to everyone else with actual diagnosed mental health problems who can’t so much as a day off without the Spanish Inquisition.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.