Lisa My_solo_journey_to_Mom #9 Back to work, having a ‘mare, would rather be flogging jellies & shapewear!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Agreed- the fact that you know you don't know it all means you're already streets ahead of that eejit!

I also don't believe a word she says about their sleeping- or she just sleeps through them waking.

Reactions: 8
So Lazy Lisa said, " shes gonna make more effort with her appearance" she wore that dress yesterday, in 23°c heat, im willing to bet, she hasnt showered, and has the dress on again today......🤮 when is she gonna stop being a smelly witch and make more of a effort with her hygiene?🙄

• Sick
Reactions: 16
So have they been on solids since 5 months chronological or 5 months corrected- if anything I hope it’s the latter!!! It’s been helpful to find a thread like this. I’ve a 5 month old and I’m actually a practitioner in child development of all things, but my confidence took such a knock when I found pages like Lisa’s, especially in relation to sleep. My little one has never slept through the night and wakes most nights every 2-3 hours for breastfeeds or comfort, and refuses bottles. It had been so hard seeing other mums just pop baby down for the night and that is it! There’s another account I came across via Lisa of a parent who had all these perfect plans of how to take baby swimming etc, and for a little while I freaked myself out that I wasn’t doing enough- I did no prep for swimming, we just up and went 😂. Now I see that all these insta pages are not reality at all. You don’t see the parent bawling at 3am when they just want to go asleep, or someone shouting out in pain from a baby latching on in early days, or the times where you feel guilty because you haven’t got out for a walk. You only see when it’s going well. Then, to make matters worse, you only hear about when it hasn’t gone well much after the fact, with a post about how things have got better. Which isn’t of much help to a parent still in the doldrums.
You have to keep reminding yourself there are 3 other adults in Lisa’s home. Life for her while she may be ‘Solo’ on the birth certs is very different to most mums.
Also keep in mind from very early on, Lisa didn’t do contact feeding. They went from being stuck in a feeding pillow while she held the bottles to being thrown in chairs with bottle pillows so there’s a good chance they just don’t have the same want for comfort as other babies as they just aren’t used to it. I’d much prefer the night time cuddles!
Both of mine were brutal sleepers, at the time you feel like there’s no end to it but both started sleeping when they were around 2 1/2. It goes a bit haywire during illness but that’s to be expected.

Reactions: 3
So Lazy Lisa said, " shes gonna make more effort with her appearance" she wore that dress yesterday, in 23°c heat, im willing to bet, she hasnt showered, and has the dress on again today......🤮 when is she gonna stop being a smelly witch and make more of a effort with her hygiene?🙄
Literally came on here to say this!!! It was boiling yesterday how much must she have sweated in that dress.. unless she washed and dried it overnight which I very much doubt 🤮🤮

Reactions: 6
Did I miss it or why are they going to frank kelleher to see what’s wrong with hazel? Is she not just teething?? The teetha mustn’t be doing much 🤣

Reactions: 2
Lisa probably can’t cope with her when she is off if she had my baby she would go mad 🤣🤣🤣hardly naps during the day maybe might have one and wakes a few times during the night for soother etc

Reactions: 2
Pisses me off seeing them all a-pushing breastfeeding, b-not telling the truth about bleeping hard it is being a parent especially first time, c-flogging shite they don’t actually like/use/recommend just because they got it for free. I don’t believe for a second both babies are as good a sleeper as she said. She might be lucky with one but certainly not 2. She picks and chooses when she wants them corrected age etc. Frank Kelleher is good but he’s not a doctor ffs. Can’t believe she’s out wearing the dress again. And no doubt off sick from work again

Reactions: 10
Literally came on here to say this!!! It was boiling yesterday how much must she have sweated in that dress.. unless she washed and dried it overnight which I very much doubt 🤮🤮
De mudder had a full line of washing up yesterday. I spotted Lisa's granny nighties. I'd say she told her to f*ck off when Lisa needed her new dress washed last night 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Test tube mammy hasnt a bleeping clue 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️god love her and them poor lids... they will be as big as her with all the food she pumps into then no salt that no sugar this 😳😳😳

• Wow
Oh my goodness, 4 months corrected is very hard on a premature baby for weaning. They must have been exhausted from the strain of being sat in the highchair! Even at 5 months, my little one is not starting weaning for another two weeks or so, as she shows all the signs of readiness. While she sits comfortably in the highchair, she’s often wrecked afterwards from the physical work out that it is!

Her girls literally only started sitting anyway properly in recent weeks. Poor Hazel still isn’t sitting robustly enough for my liking tbh.
I can’t imagine how sluggish and sore their little digestive systems must have been in the first few weeks- there was zero indication that they were even remotely ready.

• Sad
Her girls literally only started sitting anyway properly in recent weeks. Poor Hazel still isn’t sitting robustly enough for my liking tbh.
I can’t imagine how sluggish and sore their little digestive systems must have been in the first few weeks- there was zero indication that they were even remotely ready.
Ah hey but mom knows best! 😬😬

Remember her coming on asking her followers for advice on constipation cos Hazel was constipated in the first few weks of her weaning( she didn't mention the weaning at all) but we tattlers knew what had caused it. Then she came out and said they'd started the process a few weeks before that.

Didn’t one of them have something wrong with their neck ? Some condition that starts with t
Yeah that's right

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Test tube mammy hasnt a bleeping clue 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️god love her and them poor lids... they will be as big as her with all the food she pumps into then no salt that no sugar this 😳😳😳
I have my own feelings about Lisa so that aside, as an smbc, I find the expression 'test tube mammy' really hard to read. I'm sure any mammy, regardless whether an smbc , a mammy in a same sex couple, or one half of a couple struggling to conceive, would probably agree with me. A mammy is a mammy, regardless of how baby came about.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
So have they been on solids since 5 months chronological or 5 months corrected- if anything I hope it’s the latter!!! It’s been helpful to find a thread like this. I’ve a 5 month old and I’m actually a practitioner in child development of all things, but my confidence took such a knock when I found pages like Lisa’s, especially in relation to sleep. My little one has never slept through the night and wakes most nights every 2-3 hours for breastfeeds or comfort, and refuses bottles. It had been so hard seeing other mums just pop baby down for the night and that is it! There’s another account I came across via Lisa of a parent who had all these perfect plans of how to take baby swimming etc, and for a little while I freaked myself out that I wasn’t doing enough- I did no prep for swimming, we just up and went 😂. Now I see that all these insta pages are not reality at all. You don’t see the parent bawling at 3am when they just want to go asleep, or someone shouting out in pain from a baby latching on in early days, or the times where you feel guilty because you haven’t got out for a walk. You only see when it’s going well. Then, to make matters worse, you only hear about when it hasn’t gone well much after the fact, with a post about how things have got better. Which isn’t of much help to a parent still in the doldrums.

Ive boys my 11 is the WORLDS SHITTEST SLEEPER hes slept feck all nights in his 11 years!! my 2 year old is mighty and ive no bother saying that, i had him at a funeral with me the other day hes happy content and just a very placid lad.... my eldest is mad as a bag of cats!

Reactions: 4
She would benefit from one of the weaning courses with someone like weaning.ie. Looking at her weaning highlights, Lisa has about 4 of the things the weaning.ie course says to avoid or limit. I also think one of the twins showed a clear tongue thrust still in place in the second weaning highlight video 😬

Reactions: 1
I was just in Dunnes and saw the dress there. It's polyester. Wearing it 2 days running in that heat......it would be stinking

• Sick
Is it my eyes, or does that look like black mould on the pillow behind them on the photo she put up last night? Whatever it is it looks bad and it wouldn't have taken her a minute to edit it out. If it is mould it won't be doing the girls' chests any good.

7D6CCDC6-F010-4D84-BA72-DE5BFFE93819.jpeg

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.