Lisa - My_solo_journey_to_mom #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My twins had to be tested whilst in NICU.
Getting them tested is far safer than just risking them potentially getting worse and then waiting whilst they deteriorate further waiting for results to come back

I can’t figure out if it’s bad lighting or are the car seat straps filthy?
I'd go for both tbh

Reactions: 7
Why on earth is she getting that poor baby tested?
We all were tested here me hubby and 3 kids. I didnt test rhe baby hes 11mths as he wasnt going into an educational facility.
Tester agreed 100% with me. No need to put him through it.
Why test only 1 baby if its so contagious....
Out of us 5 4 had it. 2 not a thing wrong with them...
Because the doctor asked her too. Like everyone else who is sick right now

Reactions: 12
I can’t figure out if it’s bad lighting or are the car seat straps filthy?
I had a second look and eww I think they are dirty alright.

I see she is back in hospital with them or one of them. Hopefully the little one is okay.

My twins had to be tested whilst in NICU.
Getting them tested is far safer than just risking them potentially getting worse and then waiting whilst they deteriorate further waiting for results to come back

I'd go for both tbh
What was the test like in the NICU? Had my baby admitted to paediatrics and tested and holy f**k the poor child.

I had a second look and eww I think they are dirty alright.

I see she is back in hospital with them or one of them. Hopefully the little one is okay.

What was the test like in the NICU? Had my baby admitted to paediatrics and tested and holy f**k the poor child.
Nose & throat. I left the room tbh I couldn't watch

Reactions: 2
So if she wins the lotto she is going to buy beds so parents can sleep in hospital?

WTF? How is sleep what's on her mind?

She's been in for 1 night... like literally went in last night. You'd still be running on nerves at this stage.

Sleep for Lisa above all else 🙄

Reactions: 12
So if she wins the lotto she is going to buy beds so parents can sleep in hospital?

She's been in for 1 night... like literally went in last night. You'd still be running on nerves at this stage.

Are parent Cots not standard by her hospital?

Every time I've stayed in hospital with any if my children there's always been a bed for the parent

Every time I've stayed in hospital with any if my children there's always been a bed for the parent
Is she in CUH or CUMH I know that the childrens wards in CUH don’t all have beds for parents, my sister slept in an armchair for a week or so! Not that she minded, he little girl was very sick at the time and she was improving whilst in there so she would’ve slept on the street/ not slept at all if it meant she was better

Reactions: 7

Not in CUH anyway, anytime I've stayed there, it was in one of those recliners. A night is ok, a week or more is shite.

Where she is because Ayda is a baby there is a pull out bed(quite comfy) and a big reclining chair. Plus a TV and ensuite with shower so well above what I'd expect from a hospital. All rooms for babies are private rooms. It's not nice being in hospital for anything to be fair but I wouldn't be criticizing the facilities , I was only there last week. It's different alright for older children. Just reclining chair if you're lucky.

Reactions: 6

It depends. Some but not all rooms have them. She has literally just gone in I can't understand how she's put herself in a position to criticise the facilities already. Fair enough after a few days. I know personally I'd be on a bed of nails and I wouldn't give a 💩 as long as my baby was OK.

Reactions: 4
I wonder could parents who have spent months in hospital with their children, give her some tips?! The poor girl, she had her cross face on especially for the picture

Reactions: 5
I was in Temple St as a kid in the early 90s and my mother slept curled up at the foot of my bed. She said she was so exhausted she would have slept anywhere.

I don't understand why she's posting when the little one is so ill. Be present with your child Lisa.

Granted in the baby ward she can't leave the room now with covid so it's like being in prison but she will be brought breakfast, lunch and dinner. I think this is where you'd miss a partner though because they are allowed to come in and swap over now.

Reactions: 1

When your child is sick or injured the last thing on a parents mind is sleep. I did an overnight with my son after a bad arm break & I was awake all night watching him & making him comfortable. I slept when I got home to my own bed. Same applies to them being sick at home actually.

Granted in the baby ward she can't leave the room now with covid so it's like being in prison but she will be brought breakfast, lunch and dinner. I think this is where you'd miss a partner though because they are allowed to come in and swap over now.
She has plenty of time to consider this. Single parenthood wasn't foisted upon her, she spent an inordinate amount of time and money do achieve this dream.

I don't have much sympathy for her.

I do have sympathy for poor little Ayda, hope she recovers super fast!!

She has plenty of time to consider this. Single parenthood wasn't foisted upon her, she spent an inordinate amount of time and money do achieve this dream.

I don't have much sympathy for her.

I do have sympathy for poor little Ayda, hope she recovers super fast!!

You would wonder, did she just want the pregnancy, the experience, the cute baby, but not give a huge amount of thought to the difficulties that would be encountered along the way?

Also, hope baby is ok

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.