Lisa Jordan #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can
Its a city thing I think as I'm from Cork County and never had them. The posh schools had them someone will correct me if I'm wrong
Can confirm, I went to a ‘posh’ girls school and my God you were nothing if you didn’t have a McWilliams bag!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Never heard of them either. They look like a really impractical shape for a school bag.

Reactions: 9
I wasn’t in the posh schools and never owned a McWilliams bag- still bitter to this day (joke) but Jaysus for all the hype back in the day I’m kind of glad; weren’t they an awful looking bag!!😳

Reactions: 4
Well I googled them and I'm so glad they stayed in Cork. They are rank. Who was paid to try and make those bags happen? They can stay in Cork, none of the rest of us want one.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Can

Can confirm, I went to a ‘posh’ girls school and my God you were nothing if you didn’t have a McWilliams bag!!!
Hands up, I’m also a posh girls school grad. Completely agree. Not proud of it, but it was def a thing.

Reactions: 4
I went to the local school that accepted everyone from high achievers to local scum, no one had those bags, it was all jansport, had a look recently as the brand was recommended to me and they do travel bags now so she could get one for Pearl without the trademark stripes. The price they are though, yes jansport was just as pricey but didn’t look as tacky.

Yes it was mostly the 4 city schools (St Angela’s, Scoil Mhuire, Christians & Pres). I can’t say much though my daughter has one too 🤣

Reactions: 7
It was all about Sporthouse bags in my day!! Maybe that was a Dublin thing?!

Reactions: 2
I’ve only heard Cliona o Connor mention them before
They’re a sailing bag
Aka only a small section of monied society would use them
Like the dubarry shoes maybe? Weren’t they a yacht shoe too
God this country is cracked

Reactions: 5
I went to the local school that accepted everyone from high achievers to local scum, no one had those bags, it was all jansport, had a look recently as the brand was recommended to me and they do travel bags now so she could get one for Pearl without the trademark stripes. The price they are though, yes jansport was just as pricey but didn’t look as tacky.
Looooved my Jansport bags, absolutely couldn't stany the sporthouse ones they looked so big and heavy. They're the only bag I see teens with nowadays. 😅

The sailing bags popular in my old swimming circle too, I am happy with my gear bag but I used to see them a lot

Reactions: 1
Yeah dubarrys were banned in my school as they weren’t school shoes
No way they were what my school pushed for people to wear (as well as the AV8's), a lot of parents said no because they were expensive. I had them and they used to KILL my feet. I had a separate pair of shoes in my locker for walking home. 😅

Reactions: 2
God I must be old because nobody gave a god given shite what bags we wore to school. We all did have Dubarrys though, or deck shoes as we called them 🙃

Reactions: 6
My sister went to the college of comm, no one had those bags, my sister would have been a year behind her although my sister was in a different department everyone in the main building saw each other at some point of the week. Really thought she was above people didn’t she

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.