Line of Duty #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It has been said a few times now it will be the last season
I was to understand that this was always only going to be 6 series programme. I thought I’d read that in an article around the time it started. I hope it’s got 1 more series. I like the theory going around that the three of them will work from outside of the police force to bring down H.

Reactions: 6
Fake Kate is In the last ep

Can’t wait maybe she wants to bring Carmichael down

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Martin linked to an article on Instagram saying it’s the last season ever? But it can’t be? Didn’t someone show us something on here to say they already confirmed another season? Unless something happens to my man Steve?? I have so many questions 😭
I read his comment as it was finishing too
37FF2D6E-A74C-477A-8B76-898845355F88.jpeg

• Sad
If they do end it now, talk about ending it on a high... Sunday's episode was the highest rated drama episode the BBC have had in over 2 decades (I read somewhere)! Definitely says that they'll die as the heroes, rather than be on screen long enough to see them become the villains

Reactions: 9
It would be very bittersweet for me if it’s the final ever episode on Sunday. I do feel like it’s the perfect opportunity to bring it to a natural end,,but I’d just miss it so much.

I do think it would be ripe for a reboot in around 5 years though, with a new OCG, however Hastings would be well past retirement by then.

Reactions: 12
I would say 99% sure it’s not the end. The bbc would be rinsing it dry with the promos if it was THE END. After the closing credits it’ll say “line of duty will return”. Guaranteed

Yeah, I also think this series has been wayyyy too successful for the BBC not to throw a truckload of cash at Jed M and beg for another go...

I do hope though that we’ll get some proper closure on Sunday. I don’t mind if the show keeps going but I want the H storyline put to bed.

Reactions: 13
Remember Sam Railston? (one of Steve's many gorgeous exes, used to work for Lester Hargreaves)....Is there any way that she could be involved with Jo Davidson somehow?

I don't know if this is something or nothing but I've noticed that there's a black & white striped shirt/blouse hanging up on the hooks by Jo's Fort-Knox style front door, which looks uncannily like the one which Sam owns (as seen in her profile pic on the LOD wiki pages.) 👀

Reactions: 7
What if Ted is H.... he thinks Steve is getting too close so that’s why he shopped him to occupational health. He would know from Steph that he has the addiction to pain killers and that he’d fail the drugs test!!!!

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Remember Sam Railston? (one of Steve's many gorgeous exes, used to work for Lester Hargreaves)....Is there any way that she could be involved with Jo Davidson somehow?

I don't know if this is something or nothing but I've noticed that there's a black & white striped shirt/blouse hanging up on the hooks by Jo's Fort-Knox style front door, which looks uncannily like the one which Sam owns (as seen in her profile pic on the LOD wiki pages.) 👀
What, the photo were you can see a teeny sliver of her shirt under a jumper?!

I think it’s time for me to leave this thread. I can’t even tell if people are joking or not anymore.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I think it will be Osborne resulting with a load of new questions opening up S7. Carmichael will be promoted, Ted will keep his job. What happens to Steve regarding his Occupational health and will Kate stay at the Hill I don’t know.
Hopefully we’ll find out who’s living with Steph and who is she operated by. She could’ve quite easily been taken in by the OCG if they’ve threatened her and her children’s lives. Luring Steve, after his initial visit could have been to get some dirt on him. They got that with the meds.
If there’s no S7 then there’s a lot that has to be covered in 60 minutes especially if they end up digging something wow from the workshop floor.

Reactions: 5
If this is the last season it would be a let down. I don't see how they can wrap everything up in one more episode - we have at least one more interrogation to go this season and they tend to take up half the episode each time.

Reactions: 4
Do you think there will be another series? If there is I want this who is 'H' to be finished in this series so we can start afresh in a new one.

Reactions: 11
Do you think there will be another series? If there is I want this who is 'H' to be finished in this series so we can start afresh in a new one.
Agreed! I do think it would make some sense for this to be the last one and I hope it isn’t dragged out to the point that it gets silly, but I’d be chuffed if there’s another series! I think there’s a LOT that needs to be wrapped up (perhaps too much for a one hour episode) and it’ll be a shame if it never is

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.