Lily Pebbles

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I hate the woman but I think I understand where she’s coming from on this one. Not that I think the actual rules are confusing but if I share something on my Instagram (under 100 followers and I like it that way) that a friend has ‘gifted’ me from their small business do I now have to write #ad? My hairdresser quite often ‘gifts’ me a freebie haircut so if I post a pic and tag her (which I sometimes do) do I have to #ad? I’d assume not as I’m definitely not an influencer or doing for a living but there are those very rare people who just happen to have thousands of followers naturally. At what point do they start to fall under these guidelines?
If influencers are not being paid with stipulations to promote a product then they should not have to label it as an ad. But I also believe they should have to disclose any products that were sent in PR or gifted to them in the description of their posts. Their followers have the right to know this information. It definitely speak to the integrity of the influencer. You watch a few of Caroline Hirons empties videos and you'll get a sense of what she actually uses and the stuff she's just mentioning as a review for her blog. She's one in a very very very small list that are transparent. Another one is Fleur de Force, who might I add, also addressed this subject in her January Favorites in a much more mature manner. My problem with Lily's suggestion is that she's basically implying there is something to hide. Which leads me to the question, what and why? Knowing her she'd say it's not proper to publicly discuss your finances. To which I'd say, if you are going to take it upon yourself to play sales ambassador for a brand or company, then we deserve to know if you also invest your money in a brand, what you buy, and possibly how often. If you really believe in a product that much then you should have no problem sharing that information. I'm not Peddy Murphy. I've got no issues with these people getting freebies from a brand if they actually spend money there as well. You do realize that if they aren't paying then you are picking up the slack, right? There's also the issue of these vloggers making entire product review videos on gifted items and essentially turning it into a paying opportunity as they can still collect Google ad-sense on that video. What are you thoughts on that?

Last edited:
So she's prewarning that lots of gifted content is coming up, but she was going to buy it anyway and she knows her followers don't mind and have been supportive? If she was going to buy it anyway why didn't she just say no to the freebies and buy it herself!

If she doesn't like the word gift why not just say ad as per the guidelines!
View attachment 5318

Pr discount (in tiny letters) don't you just mean AD?!
View attachment 5319

All these moans about the rules are giving me the rage, and I've barely seen any as follow them on a rarely checked second account
Wow so she’s now finally admitting with tiny little “PR gifted” that she didn’t pay for her bathroom! Erm.... will she be going back and adding that to her renovation vlogs?! Expect to see a “PR gifted” on her kitchen soon. Incredible when you think about how much value it’s added to their home, and never a single mention of any financially beneficial relationship with the company for the many months she’s been talking about the renovations

Reactions: 6

Yel

So she moaned so much she even got someone to send her knew knobs

Could the pr gifted be a bit smaller, I can just about read it

• Wow
Reactions: 3
New blog post today, all about new born essentials from someone that's still pregnant with her 1st?! Lol think I'll pass! At least wait till said baby is here and u know how much crap you've "bought" (*how much do we assume will be #gifted) that was pointless buying!

Reactions: 5
As someone with a 14month old how does she feel like she can even comprehend what she needs? Each baby is different. I also don’t get the constant need for caps. She sounds constantly aggressive

I’ve just signed up here and wow- LP is quite negative isn’t she? I’ve just watched half of her most recent vlog but had to switch off when she said she had a strict budget for her food shop and then went to Waitrose!! ?‍♀?

• Haha
Her latest blog was almost 42 minutes! But why? I'm not too familiar with UK grocery stores but isn't Waitrose one of the more expensive ones? And her ramble about all the research they're doing on baby products wasn't needed. She said it herself, they won't know until their baby is here, so why is she making these videos now?

Wake up. Moan. Three types of glowy liquids and still got a face of misery

• Haha
Oh she struggles for her craft, up at 10am for a shoot even with the sniffles.

A freebie from a brand is a valentines gift?

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Well that should be tagged with #AD and tagging it with PR gift is inadequate and unclear.
Oh not Lily, she decided to make up her own rules as the competitions and markets authority rules are silly

Reactions: 4
I cannot wait to see her struggle to get by with no sleep when the baby is here. Heheh.

• Haha
I called her out on it on instagram amd she came back to me about saying 99% were recommendations and that she finds it offensive that i would suggest this and she can afford to buy one.

I said if this is the case then why didnt you turn down your freebie previous sofa if this was the case....

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I imagine all the brands will send her personalized baby grows and blankets like they did for Fleur.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.