Lily Pebbles #5 Baby Greige turns one in age; but don't be silly, it's all about Lily!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was thinking earlier that this tiny little desk just shows she doesn’t really work that much on it (or work that much in general, for that matter). I had a tiny desk like that at home pre-pandemic because I only worked on it very occasionally at the weekend. After two weeks of consistently working on that desk with just a laptop I went mad and my back went to tit. Surely if your job involves visual stuff you’d need a bigger screen for editing? A bigger desk space to spread stuff out occasionally? This “office” of hers just looks like a bit of an excuse for me, and to be honest since she doesn’t work in there anyway I don’t understand why they didn’t make that room the nursery, so Ecru could actually play in there, and move her tiny desk and stupid “nothing” print into the shoebox room.
Exactly this. 👏
Ecru! 😂😂😂

Reactions: 4
at what point in this conversation (on vix’s latest post if anyone wants to see the whole thing) did vix say she lacked confidence? lily always finds a way to make a point that she was one of the “originals.” she has such a superiority complex about her when it comes to these subjects. just because you did a degree in marketing, doesn’t mean us paupers are any less able to understand. also the comment about “protecting her mental health” because people complained she used pr experience when getting her hair done... yawn! just follow the correct procedures and stop depicting your followers as idiots.
Innit. She is likely those old generations who think they know it all because of their age. She never fail to remind us that she is one of the original.

Reactions: 7
at what point in this conversation (on vix’s latest post if anyone wants to see the whole thing) did vix say she lacked confidence? lily always finds a way to make a point that she was one of the “originals.” she has such a superiority complex about her when it comes to these subjects. just because you did a degree in marketing, doesn’t mean us paupers are any less able to understand. also the comment about “protecting her mental health” because people complained she used pr experience when getting her hair done... yawn! just follow the correct procedures and stop depicting your followers as idiots.
I read the whole exchange and Lily makes a comment about needing to talk to ASA to get clarity - what’s the point of having management if they’re not the ones communicating with the legal advisory body?!? It’s obvious that these management agencies are just as daft as the talent they represent. Are they not lobbying or speaking directly with ASA to get better guidance?

I also can’t believe that influencers are STILL banging on about these terms. I think it has more to do with the fact that everything they receive/show is either free PR/paid ads/heavily discounted and less to do with confusing terminology. They just don’t want to admit that they don’t pay for anything. At this point, I just assumed everything they talk about was free or heavily discounted unless they say they paid for it.

Reactions: 17
Did anyone read Fleur’s comments underneath? She articulated herself really well in comparison.

Did anyone read Fleur’s comments underneath? She articulated herself really well in comparison.
Yes, as opposed to bullydog sweetheart Caroline THE QUEEN Hirons, whose ability to articulate herself seems to be limited to heavy use of swearing.
I really liked Fleur’s comment, she came across like she’d thought this through properly from different perspectives, and she was actually the only one saying that it’s an insult to the followers’ intelligence to constantly assume we don’t understand the terminology or the industry, and we get oh so confused.
No Lilybrat, actually you are the one who’s being thick here (and you only did well in your marketing degree because your boyfriend helped you through it). A haircut isn’t a PR “experience”. It’s hardly about the experience of sitting in the salon and smelling their shampoo, is it? No, you get a result that you take home with you.
I can’t stand how condescending and self-righteous these people are to everyone else. Fleur really was the exception in that thread, the other people really need to get over themselves …

Last edited:
Reactions: 17
Yes, as opposed to bullydog sweetheart Caroline THE QUEEN Hirons, whose ability to articulate herself seems to be limited to heavy use of swearing.
I really liked Fleur’s comment, she came across like she’d thought this through properly frot different perspectives, and she was actually the only one saying that it’s an insult to the followers’ intelligence to constantly assume we don’t understand the terminologyor the industry, and we get oh so confused.
No Lilybrat, actually you are the one who’s being thick here (and you only did well in your marketing degree because your boyfriend helped you through it). A haircut isn’t a PR “experience”. It’s hardly about the expectations of sitting in the salon and smelling their shampoo, is it? No, you get a result that you take home with you.
I can’t stand how condescending and self-righteous these people are to everyone else. Fleur really was the exception in that thread, the other people really need to get over themselves …
To me this whole issue stems from the fact that influencers dont understand the simple fact that if there is a relationship between the brand and them then it needs to be clearly and simply disclosed. As a consumer I want to know when I'm being advertised to, and what is genuine opinion. Influencers are TRYING to confuse their audience by distinguishing between a paid ad with/without editorial control, a gifted product, an ongoing paid partnership, etc., when the net result is the same. Influencers are not genuine customers of these brands therefore it's all an ad of some description.

Ugh. They're so out of touch.

Reactions: 16
Does anyone remember a while ago when Lily was harping on about how her and some other women founded the blogging industry and made it what it is today 🤣 she was acting as though she built it herself

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
Does anyone remember a while ago when Lily was harping on about how her and some other women founded the blogging industry and made it what it is today 🤣 she was acting as though she built it herself
Right look at the following:
1. Zoe - did she even come out from the house apart from the Garden Centre
2. Lily - eczema! she has not changed since 2016 apart from her appearance
3. Tanya - fail acting careers
4. Jim - was piggyback the whole way by his sis and his ex-wife
5. Alfie - I JUST LIKE TO BUY TAT
Can't think of the rest because they are so irrelevant

she is where is she now because she live in London, rich parents and the whole industry is built on being white. I think someone mentioned above, imagine she is poc, do you think she will ever make her mark?

Reactions: 10
Right look at the following:
1. Zoe - did she even come out from the house apart from the Garden Centre
2. Lily - eczema! she has not changed since 2016 apart from her appearance
3. Tanya - fail acting careers
4. Jim - was piggyback the whole way by his sis and his ex-wife
5. Alfie - I JUST LIKE TO BUY TAT
Can't think of the rest because they are so irrelevant

she is where is she now because she live in London, rich parents and the whole industry is built on being white. I think someone mentioned above, imagine she is poc, do you think she will ever make her mark?
She rarely mentions that she’s jewish either. I find that strange. I’d say it loud and proud!!

Surely it's as simple as stating "this was sent to me for free in exchange for a review" or "I was paid to promote this" or as appropriate to the situation?

Just be honest. Simple as that.

If people like Poobles are afraid to say they got sent something for free for fear of being called disingenuous or fake, then perhaps they should reconsider their greedy actions that led them to that point.

Have some integrity for your "business" or "profession" as an influencer (or whatever they call themselves) and respect for your followers.

Reactions: 13
Why is Poobles showing off about getting a first in her degree? Look what a waste that was...

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Obviously no student loan worries for her... I have 2 wasted degrees and £30k student debt 💸💸💸
Same, with all the trouble I have finding a job I would have done better in life if I just want and worked at a groceries store right after finishing 13 grade (not sure how that would translate in the UK education system, in Norway we just call it Videregående from age 16-18).

Reactions: 6
Same, with all the trouble I have finding a job I would have done better in life if I just want and worked at a groceries store right after finishing 13 grade (not sure how that would translate in the UK education system, in Norway we just call it Videregående from age 16-18).
Age 16-18 in UK is college or 6th form and you study A Levels or an apprenticeship (work/training).

Reactions: 1
Yet she still can’t spell!
I was just going to say this!!! 😂

Plus it’s not that hard to get a first in the degree she did. I got one in PR and so did a lot of other people who went to my uni. Most of those people were bleeping idiots who couldn’t spell either 😂

Reactions: 8
She rarely mentions that she’s jewish either. I find that strange. I’d say it loud and proud!!
She was talking about it sort of indirectly the other day. I think it was someone in her family who had a Bar Mitzvah and she was eating Jewish bread (I think, pardon my ignorance if I'm wrong).

Reactions: 2
I am sorry but BCU is tit... she must have fucked up her A level so badly that she gone to BCU.
Anna went to Nottingham, and she probably did get AAA AAB or ABB.

she isnt a smartie back then and now. She tweeted she got a U in her AS....

Reactions: 3
I’d love to visit Norway 🇳🇴

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I think for a 32 year to be talking about their grade of degree is a bit sad. It suggests since then, there are no other notable professional achievements. My degree features way down on my CV because I talk about my experience. I’m a year older than lily for reference.

im generally not a fan of saying X or Y uni is better or worse or that kind of thing. I think there is still a big snobbery in this country towards where people went to uni but outside of london centric bubbles, in normal workplaces, people don’t tend to give a tit. I’m no more impressed by someone just because they went to oxford or got a first. The point of making polys into unis was to broaden the opportunity to higher education for ordinary people and whether it’s worked or not is a whole debate itself. I do agree that not all degrees are equal and a first in an arts is not equivalent to a first in a science, engineering, law or medical degree putting the uni itself aside. So in a nutshell I am not impressed because she has a first, its just not something you should brag about as well to try come across superior.

I think the biggest bugbear with lily is privilege. We know she never tried hard at school or whatever, uni was probably the option because everyone else was going. You can generally only be like that when you come from a position of money because you know you can fall back on to your parents no problem. Whereas many students have to work hard at their studies and balance jobs and other pressures to get through their degree, even if they haven’t gone to a top uni. I have more respect for that. I just don’t see what hardships or struggles she has had in her life. I remember reading an interview from her years ago which said something like she knew she was always going to have a non typical job, and I remember thinking ugh so arrogant to just assume you’d never have to work in retail or an office at some point like you’re too important for that.

and on it goes, like the BLM stuff. She acting like she’s opened her eyes for the first time and seen these issues on race. I’d love her to do some reading on poverty, educational attainment, working parents, social care for elderly people, underfunding of the criminal justice system and realise there are issues everywhere. Wouldn’t it be nice to see an influencer pick up a cause like kids who don’t get fed in the school holidays and raise awareness continually? I can only assume it’s because of privilege and that they don’t move in the circles where those kind of issues happen so they just don’t even see it’s happening until there’s a bandwagon to jump on. That’s what makes me really mad.

TL;DR: Lily no one cares or is impressed by your bleeping first.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.