Lily Pebbles #5 Baby Greige turns one in age; but don't be silly, it's all about Lily!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am sorry but BCU is tit... she must have fucked up her A level so badly that she gone to BCU.
Anna went to Nottingham, and she probably did get AAA AAB or ABB.

she isnt a smartie back then and now. She tweeted she got a U in her AS....
Didn't she only get into uni through clearing?

Reactions: 1
Yes, as opposed to bullydog sweetheart Caroline THE QUEEN Hirons, whose ability to articulate herself seems to be limited to heavy use of swearing.
I really liked Fleur’s comment, she came across like she’d thought this through properly from different perspectives, and she was actually the only one saying that it’s an insult to the followers’ intelligence to constantly assume we don’t understand the terminology or the industry, and we get oh so confused.
No Lilybrat, actually you are the one who’s being thick here (and you only did well in your marketing degree because your boyfriend helped you through it). A haircut isn’t a PR “experience”. It’s hardly about the experience of sitting in the salon and smelling their shampoo, is it? No, you get a result that you take home with you.
I can’t stand how condescending and self-righteous these people are to everyone else. Fleur really was the exception in that thread, the other people really need to get over themselves …
I agree. Fleur is right, all I care about is, did you get it for free? Are you getting paid? Is it an affiliate link? It really isn’t any deeper than that. I’m a big girl and I can make my decision based on that, I don’t need you to tell me that it’s an ad - press gifted pr product experience provided by a brand unicorn.
If it was that important to lily she’d have continued with her descriptions.

Reactions: 9
Where is this discussion on disclosure of advertising, please? I’d be really interested to read both Lily and Fleur’s comments.

Reactions: 2
I agree. Fleur is right, all I care about is, did you get it for free? Are you getting paid? Is it an affiliate link? It really isn’t any deeper than that. I’m a big girl and I can make my decision based on that, I don’t need you to tell me that it’s an ad - press gifted pr product experience provided by a brand unicorn.
If it was that important to lily she’d have continued with her descriptions.
Why dont they get that it's important whether or not they got given something for free as it relates to their recommendations

If someone has been out, researched, or just come across something, spent their own money and decided it's good enough to recommend to other people - that's a completely different scenario from making no effort, being sent something, getting it for free and then passing on the info. And that's not taking payment to them from the brand into account. It's about trust and transparency. They HAVE to let us know - films now tell us when there is product placement, and in a way that's what this gifted junk is. These aren't our friends in our phones these are business people selling to us by the back door in the most insidious way. getting us to part with our cash.

Reactions: 10
Where is this discussion on disclosure of advertising, please? I’d be really interested to read both Lily and Fleur’s comments.
It’s on Vix Meldrews insta.

I strongly disagree that a free haircut is a “PR experience” The salon isn’t doing it because they like you, they are doing it for press coverage.

Agree 100% with Fleur. Was it free? Were you paid? It’s that simple.

Reactions: 11
I find it quite funny that Lily had to jump straight in there. She's been huffing and puffing about the 'ad/gifted/pr experience' notifications from the very start. She really does hate having to declare all the freebies she gets.

Reactions: 16
Off topic but anyone know where her desk is from? Or something similar and cheap

Off topic but anyone know where her desk is from? Or something similar and cheap
I found it! £419 for that desk! Maaaan, Im so poor lol

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 8

I found it! £419 for that desk! Maaaan, Im so poor lol
Haha or you’re just not begging hard enough.. no chance she paid full price (if at all)

• Haha
Reactions: 8
The ASA couldn’t be any clearer on their guidelines, but precious influencers decided to make their own rules with ad gifted and or PR gift etc so stop moaning about it Poobles.

• Angry
  • Heart
Omg she loves to imply people are thick and it is sooo complicated.
We get it. You are under no obligation to mention every free thing you are sent/begged, but when you do mention that thing it is #AD gifted.
There. How hard was that.
Plus ASA have stated repeatedly she doesn't have to be paid in actual money for it to be an AD 🤦‍♀️

It’s like she thinks getting free stuff, without also being paid for it, is some kind of hardship when it comes to showing it on camera!

My god, is this how spoiled she truly is?!

Surely, common sense would state that if you are a sent a free product, or given a free “experience”, and you film it, then you are creating advertising? Whether you are also paid cash or not. Honestly, she’s the thick one, not the audience. But then, she has a FIRST... from BCU in Marketing 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Sorry all I asked for my original post to be deleted so I could amend the screenshots and crop them. Here are the images again:

B72F5621-B0DC-4EF4-A4C1-A00AB855FB90.jpeg

A452775F-74C4-4210-A02E-69B3206FE50C.jpeg

Reactions: 4
Fleurs response is great. But why on earth do all these bloggers have to have these conversations so publicly?! It just looks like one massive back pat/circle jerk and is very embarrassing considering this is their chosen profession. Can't they just discuss it privately?

Reactions: 18
Fleurs response is great. But why on earth do all these bloggers have to have these conversations so publicly?! It just looks like one massive back pat/circle jerk and is very embarrassing considering this is their chosen profession. Can't they just discuss it privately?
I know, it’s very unprofessional.
I do the social media for a medium sized business and you wouldn’t see me talking to competitors/colleagues online in that way. If they want to be taken seriously as this is their job then they need to act like it.

Yes it's like they want us to see their workings out - just to prove how difficult it all is and how they agonise over being transparent.
Lily particularly is an expert at muddying what were extremely clear waters.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.