Lily Pebbles #5 Baby Greige turns one in age; but don't be silly, it's all about Lily!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Fashion mumblr? Who is that and what happened
Check Stephanie Yeboah BLM stories, she didn’t saved all of them though. Josie posted a black grid for BLM but the captions was a copy paste job from words written by Black women. Then she deleted the black grid because it ruins the aesthetic of being called out. She also posted ‘black beauty’ tweets 7 years ago...you can search here by searching ‘diminishing’ it is the first one that shows up

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Couldn’t be bothered to research Fenty beauty before she tweeted her distaste about the name Fenty, couldn’t be bothered to research the background of something she has watched to recommend to almost half a million people. I thought you were EdUcAtiNg YoUrSeLf 🤦🏽‍♀️
Doubt very much that she watched it.

You can definitely tell what influencers are genuinely invested in BLM and are doing what they can to support. Lily is not one of those.

Reactions: 8
She's been doing an awful lot of Netflix watching for someone who complains that she does not get a lot of free time now that she has a child....
Yup. Moans she doesn’t spend enough time with her daughter but has enough time for watching Netflix.

Reactions: 7
Why did she not want to talk about covid in order to keep her space 'an escape', aka keep the brand deals in tact, but she's quite happy to all of a sudden start being an activist on a topic never before seen in her content? When it suits her perhaps. Lily's agenda seems more about bashing white people for getting it wrong than sharing a narrative that is solely in support of the current anti racism movement. She has always been a critic of her own audience, but right now she is full on insulting my intelligence and prejudges any intentions I may have as bad and invalid because 1. I need educating, 2. Nevertheless, once educated I have to admit I don't understand and never will understand, 3. I cannot possibly make a judgement on what is a racist act/phrase, or not, because my moral compass is defective, 4. Be more like Lily.

I'm sorry to say that because of how influencers are reacting to this I am really put off getting involved because I am being made to feel dumb and unhelpful, anything I try to do to help could be totally misplaced as I cannot see the right from wrong apparently. I see how continuing the conversation could help to change people's use of language even when somebody has good intentions, but honestly, now the fear of getting it wrong and unintentionally being racist or knowing I may have inadvertently been racist my whole life, how would I know, (similarly how should I know when I've got it right, will Lily let me know?) makes me want to run far, far away from the conversation.
Don’t let some idiot influencer deter you from doing your best! As long as you’re doing your own research, thinking critically and reflecting, that’s most important. Us white people have gotten it wrong for centuries, a few days of posting quotes and donating isn’t going to change that. Listen to the actual activists and authors. They all encourage getting it wrong at the start because that’s how you grow and learn. Plus, Lily is a twit😤

Just as an anecdote, a Black woman I follow had some choice words for me when I made an off-hand comment asking “where is Kanye”? As soon as I pressed send I knew it wasn’t something I should of said (she speaks very openly about Black idols being performative and pandering to White people). And that’s okay. I apologized, read an article she posted about fake idols (by Adnia Rose, very good) and bought something from her business. Do I still feel like tit? Yep, but I’m not going to let that feeling affect my unlearning.

Reactions: 9
I’m so sick of her posts about it now, they seem so disingenuous and jumping on the bandwagon springs to mind.

There are other influencers who are genuinely spreading awareness and using their platforms for the better and I just feel she’s using this as a way to get a pat on the back.

Reactions: 11
I wonder if the gleambots (lily, Anna, Zoe) are quaking in their boots watching how quickly people have turned on Hannah gale and josie?

Reactions: 5
Just seen this on Tattle - I predict Lily making more uploads on IGTV because it’s less editing/work than YouTube and that suits Lazy Pebbles to a tee. Bet Anna is kicking herself she is now having to edit a whole podcast on her own when they could have actually monetised their Saturday mother’s meeting.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Sick
That’s a point... weren’t they recording their first podcast on Monday gone to be out on Thursday gone? What happened there then? The backlash shadowed their ‘launch’?

Reactions: 3
I like how she posted a pic of a black girl saying basically it's ok to start posting non-BLM content now, and then Lily posts a f***ing pic of her dinner. I've been calling people out publicly about their lack of black people in STEM. Marched at the Golden Gate Bridge today. Formulating a way to be an activist on at least one black issue. And this bish is back to posting food pix. makes me sick.

And yet, there’s no video of her today. Wasn’t there no video just two weeks ago? I mean, I understand that she’s probably in a bit of a rut and doesn’t know what to post, but it’s her job to make ONE video a week and she can’t even do that anymore.

Reactions: 2
And yet, there’s no video of her today. Wasn’t there no video just two weeks ago? I mean, I understand that she’s probably in a bit of a rut and doesn’t know what to post, but it’s her job to make ONE video a week and she can’t even do that anymore.
Anna didn’t either maybe everyone in Gleam was advised not to post.

Reactions: 1
Anna didn’t either maybe everyone in Gleam was advised not to post.
I expect so. The problem is many of these influencers have gone so hard preaching about BLM and making it all about them in the rush to be the biggest ally, that now they don’t know how to manoeuvre to their usual content with out looking like they were on the bandwagon. That’s the problem when it’s not genuine, there’s no longevity in them posting about BLM but now they might get called out for not posting about it again they are probably shitting themselves.

also this is pretty bad for lily

7911B0AA-6476-413C-8A6E-0F08E9A18507.jpeg

• Heart
Honestly I think it's pretty poor show to have no video and no explanation. I'm sure it's a Gleam instruction but they should have posted something like "We're taking a break while we educate ourselves and plan how to use our platforms to continue making content but also to amplify black voices and further this cause" or words to that effect.

It's their job, I don't think any other industry you'd get away with not delivering any work with no explanation.

I think not jumping straight back to the usual drivel is the right choice but it's not been communicated at all and silence helps no one.

Reactions: 6
They literally could have just put something on their stories to say they’re going to take a break from social media (because the dull banality of their everyday lives isn’t important in the greater scheme of things) to show some sensitivity.

But no, they disappear without a trace because they WERE jumping on the bandwagon and now don’t know how to go back to their everyday scheduled tit without being accused of being disingenuous (which they are).

There is something so off-putting about her sharing a picture sunbathing in the garden in her million dollar London property telling us how much she is learning about her privilege, while millions of people around the world are fighting for their basic human rights in the middle of global pandemic that is financially destroying us.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
With that stupid bottle in her mouth, she makes her bathing suit look like a baby grow. ;)

• Haha
I expect so. The problem is many of these influencers have gone so hard preaching about BLM and making it all about them in the rush to be the biggest ally, that now they don’t know how to manoeuvre to their usual content with out looking like they were on the bandwagon. That’s the problem when it’s not genuine, there’s no longevity in them posting about BLM but now they might get called out for not posting about it again they are probably shitting themselves.

also this is pretty bad for lily

View attachment 148127
I'm noticing that loads of influencers are posting epiphany style posts and the promise to do better as a bridge to continue to post as normal, it's so transparent !! As someone who commented in her post it's not just about diversity but equality, as in making sure influencers of Colour are paid properly as well as represented, lily won't give a tit about that tho x

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.